All Things Sephora

Twinkle_Twinkle

Looks like I will be taking the blush back as well. I went to use it this morning and there is a crack in the product. *sighs* I still recommend the color for everyone but I want one that's intact. So my "maybe I'm going to Sephora tomorrow" has turned into a definite trip.
Ugh. That's so annoying. Interesting to hear Sideline was a no-go for you. I think agree with you. It looks like MAC's Gorgeous Gold but I think GG might actually be a more dynamic color, although I do love the finish of UD shadows.

I have a Clinique Cheek Pop question for you ladies - Just how long-wearing do you find the blush to be? Has anyone really put it to the test and been impressed?

stormborn

[COLOR=0000FF]  Oh yes, yes!!!!  OMG---I thought I was the only one who felt that way---thought I was being an old grouch.  I can't[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  stand the mindless [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]chit-chat---apologizing for the way their hair looks and other mundane things that I don't give a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  crap about.  Please just get to the point!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]:frenz:  
Omg yes this! I don't even watch videos anymore for this reason exactly. If you can't handle criticism, stay out of the spotlight. I've never heard Oprah apologize for a stray hair or an opinion.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Omg yes this! I don't even watch videos anymore for this reason exactly. If you can't handle criticism, stay out of the spotlight. I've never heard Oprah apologize for a stray hair or an opinion.
I would love to make a parody video of a YT tutorial. First you have to start with some completely unrelated story-time about the sale at H&M and proceed to show us your entire clothing haul. My favorite part are the swatches and people not understanding the point at which their camera starts to focus. Holding your hand up to the back of the product. "Can y'all see that? It's a lovely peach shade. I don't know if y'all can see that."
girlhaha.gif

DILLIGAF

I don't see tarte being mentioned too much in here. Any feelings on the Amazonian Clay blushes?
LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I have 2. Natural Beauty and Flush. The original Flush. I believe there's been some change to the color. They are beautifully pigmented and last a long time.

mel33t

I don't see tarte being mentioned too much in here. Any feelings on the Amazonian Clay blushes?
I really really enjoy them. They're not super soft or buttery and some are better than others, but the lasting power is 110% true. I love them. I have almost every color :sigh:

Twinkle_Twinkle

I did a hand swatch the day I purchased it and it did not move until I washed my hands. I didn't even notice it was still there until I was washing my hands. I still have to test it out on my face but I think it has the potential for longevity.
LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I have 2. Natural Beauty and Flush. The original Flush. I believe there's been some change to the color. They are beautifully pigmented and last a long time.
Once again you are super helpful, lol. Thanks Dilli.

ETA: I might treat myself to Natural Beauty and Flush and I might return my Kat Von D Everlasting blush... Not entirely sure yet...

Twinkle_Twinkle

I really really enjoy them. They're not super soft or buttery and some are better than others, but the lasting power is 110% true. I love them. I have almost every color
sigh.gif
I have a 25% off coupon so I've been thinking of getting one or two for my "Summerize" rotation. It would be nice to have a little bit of a color selection.

mel33t

I have a 25% off coupon so I've been thinking of getting one or two for my "Summerize" rotation. It would be nice to have a little bit of a color selection. 
My favorite is Achiote and I also really like True Love. The color that came in the newest circle palette is gorgeous too!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I wonder has there been a big change in flushed? Because it looks SUPER LIGHT online: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-12-hour-blush

ETA: It definitely has. And now I am not even sure Natural Beauty is deep enough to work. It looks like it's lightened over time as well. All of the pretty, pigmented swatches online are circa 2011-2012.

DILLIGAF

I wonder has there been a big change in flushed? Because it looks SUPER LIGHT online: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-12-hour-blush

ETA: It definitely has. And now I am not even sure Natural Beauty is deep enough to work. It looks like it's lightened over time as well. All of the pretty, pigmented swatches online are circa 2011-2012.
Mine two are from the original launch of the Tarte blushes. I'll find them and post swatches in a bit.

shontay07108

I went to Sephora yesterday to exchange the items I mentioned before. I didn't exchange everything but I got a new blush and eyeshadow. I got UD  Afterglow blush in Rapture. I was surprised that this color worked for me. It's described by the site as a deep mauve with a hint of shimmer. It's so smooth it boarders on creamy. The only reason I even swatched it was because I was in a swatch all the things sort of mood. I'm recommending this color to EVERYONE! I can see it working for a multitude of skintones.  I also got UD eyeshadow in  Sideline. I think I'm taking it back. Don't get me wrong. It's beautiful but it's not tugging at my heartstrings like Lounge or Backfire did. I have a sneaky feeling I have this kind of color from another brand. After all I do love golds with a green shift. I was thinking of getting some Becca concealers instead. Anyone have any experience with those? I swatched them yesterday too and I loved the feel of the product on the back of my hand. I mainly need concealers for under my eyes lately.
Rapture is most definitely a must have and I'm surprised it works on me too. I said awhile back that I didn't think it would look like much on me since online swatches made it look so dry and light. Hey, are you getting any of the knew mufe aqua shadow stick thingies? I need that metallic pink soon. There's a swatch I found through google and I'm obsessed with it.

montREALady

Ugh. That's so annoying. Interesting to hear Sideline was a no-go for you. I think agree with you. It looks like MAC's Gorgeous Gold but I think GG might actually be a more dynamic color, although I do love the finish of UD shadows.

I have a Clinique Cheek Pop question for you ladies - Just how long-wearing do you find the blush to be? Has anyone really put it to the test and been impressed?
It lasts me all day. I have Cola. From about 7:45am to when I wipe my makeup off that night around 8ish.

DILLIGAF

Rapture is most definitely a must have and I'm surprised it works on me too. I said awhile back that I didn't think it would look like much on me since online swatches made it look so dry and light. Hey, are you getting any of the knew mufe aqua shadow stick thingies? I need that metallic pink soon. There's a swatch I found through google and I'm obsessed with it.
I have some of the matte ones. Any links?

montREALady

I think I figured out what happened. I got two Sephora orders that day, one early in the morning when the rental manager is usually there and one in the afternoon when the other guy was there. When I went I was handed one Sephora box. That was the PM order. I have a feeling because UPS rarely comes before 10am, the afternoon guy didn't realize I got another package so he handed me what he got from them. I think this happened before and when I called and told him he checked and was like "Oh yeah, here it is!" We'll see tomorrow. I wish I had this eureka moment before I left work. I checked the recycling/garbage room twice, went through our recycling and my bedroom garbage
sigh.gif
I think I got confused because I had the Tarteguard sample in both orders so when I checked my account earlier, I only happened to check the missing order and I saw and remembered unpacking the Tarteguard but not seeing the other items. If I checked the other order I would have seen that I did unpack that whole order (also with Tarteguard) and I was actually missing a box/order. I know, ramble ramble. LOL.
As of now no package. Grrrrr. Still waiting for the a.m guy to get back to me but the p.m guy checked yesterday and nothing.