All Things Sephora

stephshopaholic

Will you give us a swatch?
74e64c35_image.jpeg

stephshopaholic

The only ardency inn liner I have is lilac and I love the shade but I feel like I can't get it to apply to the waterline without making my eyes water and then the lilac color turns hot pink. Do you have problems with these liners?
I didn't use it on my waterline so I'm not sure only used it on top for winged liner and a little In the outer corner under my bottom lashes.

Prettypackages

I just broke into a cold sweat at my desk thinking about mine, thanks for bringing this back up
cutey.gif
rofl.gif

Been calling the rental office, no answer. Of course.
I do a bunch of contradictory things. I dust/finish with a powder, lately it has been Black Radiance's Soft Focus powder (omg, love this stuff, got it last week), but then I always spritz Fix+...but then if it's hot out I'll then put a setting spray on top. Today I forgot to put the setting spray and could tell when I felt my face perspiring when I got on the train after walking, it looks great now, but I feel like that has a lot to do with the EL DW foundation, this stuff is BOMB. I kind of have a love/hate with setting sprays, I sometimes feel like they are blocking too much, like my skin wants to breathe and it can't, but I like that it helps me from looking like a sweaty-ass mess...
that's how I look today.

Twinkle_Twinkle

thanks, totally makes sense. You were talking bout Summerizing your makeup earlier.... which is what I need to day after the humidity rolled in with a bang today.

What are you all's tips to prvent your makeup from melting off?

Cream products?
Primer?
Setting sprays?

that's how I look today.
I summerized by incorporating as many waterproof/water-resistant products as possible into my routine. In the past I've worn MAC Pro Longwear and that got me through the tropical humidity of Singapore but it just faded away on me earlier this week so I went back to MUFE Face & Body which I also used in Singapore but moved away from because of the sheer coverage and dewy finish.

This time around I'm adding one drop of the Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops in order to make the F&B medium coverage. I'm also using the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (waterproof), MUFE Full Cover Concealer (waterproof) and I mix a tad of my MAC Select Cover with it to warm up the shade a little. I'm mixing Aqua Seal (a waterproof sealant) with my Becca SSP to get the most out of it and I'm using MUFE Aqua Brow (waterproof). For color I'll be using the Becca Beach Tints and CARGO's Swimmables blush and bronzer; all are water resistant. I picked up one of the Kat Von D Everlasting Blushes - we'll see how everlasting it really is. Blushes fade the fastest for me. I have a few waterproof liquid and pencil eyeliners, plus waterproof mascara. And I'm using MUFE Mist & Fix to set.

It's not as extensive as it seems, it's a pretty easy routine so far. I definitely wouldn't say you need all of that necessarily, it's just what I decided to do because I walk so much in New York and I'll be working outside with kids this summer, sometimes at the pool, and I want my bases covered.

ETA: I use the Kryolan Anti-Shine powder to set. I've used it for years when the weather is warm and I really need my foundation to last. It's comparable to the Ben Nye Neutral Set which people swear by and I have used in the past, but for me the Krylon is better.

msvluvsmac

Did anyone get the Bite Beauty LLR #5? I forget what they are calling it. I ordered it even though I have been telling myself over and over that I do not need anymore lip products!!! I can't resist a purple lippie
I got mine today and I love it so far. I only had it on for about 30 mins so I don't know how long it lasts.

msvluvsmac

The hair one looks amazing I saw a few on instagram also. It looks pretty but is it sheer?
Its not sheer it just looks different on the lips than it does in the tube. It looks like it would be darker on the lips but it's not. It's the kind of lavender I've been trying to find for a while.

TwiggyPop

I summerized by incorporating as many waterproof/water-resistant products as possible into my routine. In the past I've worn MAC Pro Longwear and that got me through the tropical humidity of Singapore but it just faded away on me earlier this week so I went back to MUFE Face & Body which I also used in Singapore but moved away from because of the sheer coverage and dewy finish. This time around I'm adding one drop of the Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops in order to make the F&B medium coverage. I'm also using the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (waterproof), MUFE Full Cover Concealer (waterproof) and I mix a tad of my MAC Select Cover with it to warm up the shade a little. I'm mixing Aqua Seal (a waterproof sealant) with my Becca SSP to get the most out of it and I'm using MUFE Aqua Brow (waterproof). For color I'll be using the Becca Beach Tints and CARGO's Swimmables blush and bronzer; all are water resistant. I picked up one of the Kat Von D Everlasting Blushes - we'll see how everlasting it really is. Blushes fade the fastest for me. I have a few waterproof liquid and pencil eyeliners, plus waterproof mascara. And I'm using MUFE Mist & Fix to set.   It's not as extensive as it seems, it's a pretty easy routine so far. I definitely wouldn't say you need all of that necessarily, it's just what I decided to do because I walk so much in New York and I'll be working outside with kids this summer, sometimes at the pool, and I want my bases covered.   ETA: I use the Kryolan Anti-Shine powder to set. I've used it for years when the weather is warm and I really need my foundation to last. It's comparable to the Ben Nye Neutral Set which people swear by and I have used in the past, but for me the Krylon is better.  
Not extensive? You sound like you should be in a chemical lab with beakers and safety glasses. Haha

Twinkle_Twinkle

Not extensive? You sound like you should be in a chemical lab with beakers and safety glasses. Haha
LOL! I think it sounds worse that it is. We have all seen those YT tutorials or "Get Ready With Me" videos where even when they speed up the video it still took 20 minutes. Like d@mn who has the time?! I saw a video where the YTber used multiple foundations, then did her concealer then went back over concealer with correctors which took forever to blend, then highlighting and contouring with liquid/cream products and mixing two different powders to set the highlight then setting the contour, then multi-step powder setting process, brows then setting the brows...and on and on, and then she finally got to color products, lol. It must have taken at least two hours and she looked good, however I don't have time for that much flawlessness.

But I do have a little mixing palette from Michael's. It waste a lot less product than mixing on the back of your hand, not to mention it's less messy.

TwiggyPop

LOL! I think it sounds worse that it is. We have all seen those YT tutorials or "Get Ready With Me" videos where even when they speed up the video it still took 20 minutes. Like d@mn who has the time?! I saw a video where the YTber used multiple foundations, then did her concealer then went back over concealer with correctors which took forever to blend, then highlighting and contouring with liquid/cream products and mixing two different powders to set the highlight then setting the contour, then multi-step powder setting process, brows then setting the brows...and on and on, and then she finally got to color products, lol. It must have taken at least two hours and she looked good, however I don't have time for that much flawlessness.  But I do have a little mixing palette from Michael's. It waste a lot less product than mixing on the back of your hand, not to mention it's less messy. 
I can't even be bothered with videos half the time anymore. People try too hard to be witty and they just end up blabbering way past my breaking point and I click them out 2 minutes in. Or they keep stressing the, "That's just my opinion." point, they spend half the freaking video clarifying that we might feel differently about it. Just shut up and show me something pretty! Haha

Yazmin

LOL! I think it sounds worse that it is. We have all seen those YT tutorials or "Get Ready With Me" videos where even when they speed up the video it still took 20 minutes. Like d@mn who has the time?! I saw a video where the YTber used multiple foundations, then did her concealer then went back over concealer with correctors which took forever to blend, then highlighting and contouring with liquid/cream products and mixing two different powders to set the highlight then setting the contour, then multi-step powder setting process, brows then setting the brows...and on and on, and then she finally got to color products, lol. It must have taken at least two hours and she looked good, however I don't have time for that much flawlessness.

But I do have a little mixing palette from Michael's. It waste a lot less product than mixing on the back of your hand, not to mention it's less messy.
I'm still struggling to perfect a 10-minute routine which is currently 20 minutes, lol! With the color correcting I have to do, it's unlikely.
sigh.gif

Medgal07

Just shut up and show me something pretty! Haha
Oh yes, yes!!!! OMG---I thought I was the only one who felt that way---thought I was being an old grouch. I can't
stand the mindless chit-chat---apologizing for the way their hair looks and other mundane things that I don't give a
crap about. Please just get to the point!!!

friends.gif

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF]  Oh yes, yes!!!!  OMG---I thought I was the only one who felt that way---thought I was being an old grouch.  I can't[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  stand the mindless [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]chit-chat---apologizing for the way their hair looks and other mundane things that I don't give a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  crap about.  Please just get to the point!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]:frenz:  
I get that, but do you ever read the comments section? All kinds of morons jump on you for anything. Your brows aren't even, you aren't enunciating, there's clutter in the background, don't pull your lid while applying eyeliner, you said you don't like lip liner darker than your lipstick color but that's the way they like to do theirs. I mean it's insane. I understand trying to block the criticism and nitpicking. I just put the videos on mute and fast forward.

MsGlossy

What annoys me are the loooonnngg intros. It's nice that you made an intro clip to use for all of your videos but did it really have to be 65 seconds long? Even sitcoms don't have intros that long these days. It's even crazier when the full video is less than 4 minutes.

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]  Oh yes, yes!!!!  OMG---I thought I was the only one who felt that way---thought I was being an old grouch.  I can't[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  stand the mindless [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]chit-chat---apologizing for the way their hair looks and other mundane things that I don't give a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  crap about.  Please just get to the point!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]:frenz:  
Oh, the rambling videos...

DILLIGAF

I went to Sephora yesterday to exchange the items I mentioned before. I didn't exchange everything but I got a new blush and eyeshadow. I got UD Afterglow blush in Rapture. I was surprised that this color worked for me. It's described by the site as a deep mauve with a hint of shimmer. It's so smooth it boarders on creamy. The only reason I even swatched it was because I was in a swatch all the things sort of mood. I'm recommending this color to EVERYONE! I can see it working for a multitude of skintones.
I also got UD eyeshadow in Sideline. I think I'm taking it back. Don't get me wrong. It's beautiful but it's not tugging at my heartstrings like Lounge or Backfire did. I have a sneaky feeling I have this kind of color from another brand. After all I do love golds with a green shift. I was thinking of getting some Becca concealers instead. Anyone have any experience with those? I swatched them yesterday too and I loved the feel of the product on the back of my hand. I mainly need concealers for under my eyes lately.

msvluvsmac

I know.
ohboy.gif
Did you get a 10% Rouge renewal code? If you didn't use it you still can. My email said it expires within 30 days but it is still valid since I haven't used it yet for the year.
I used mine online. Do you think they'll accept it if I print out the other coupon for in store? Just curious . . .

DILLIGAF

I went to Sephora yesterday to exchange the items I mentioned before. I didn't exchange everything but I got a new blush and eyeshadow. I got UD Afterglow blush in Rapture. I was surprised that this color worked for me. It's described by the site as a deep mauve with a hint of shimmer. It's so smooth it boarders on creamy. The only reason I even swatched it was because I was in a swatch all the things sort of mood. I'm recommending this color to EVERYONE! I can see it working for a multitude of skintones.
I also got UD eyeshadow in Sideline. I think I'm taking it back. Don't get me wrong. It's beautiful but it's not tugging at my heartstrings like Lounge or Backfire did. I have a sneaky feeling I have this kind of color from another brand. After all I do love golds with a green shift. I was thinking of getting some Becca concealers instead. Anyone have any experience with those? I swatched them yesterday too and I loved the feel of the product on the back of my hand. I mainly need concealers for under my eyes lately.
Looks like I will be taking the blush back as well. I went to use it this morning and there is a crack in the product. *sighs* I still recommend the color for everyone but I want one that's intact. So my "maybe I'm going to Sephora tomorrow" has turned into a definite trip.