All Things Sephora

Ajigglin

Does anyone have any experience with the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask? Or the Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion? How well do they work?
The scrub is cool, but not particularly life-changing. I'm using serums a lot more, so I don't rely on scrubs the way I used to.

Ajigglin

I need to go on a rant here also. I just posted in another thread. Here it goes : ordered Nars blush from sephora arrived today and it was used. ARRRRRGHHHHHH i am so sick of their shitty customer service 
NOTHING! she was like "well send this one back and then we can send you a new one" F OFF! i am going to a store tomorrow to return it  I am so done with them because probably someone ordered it , mailed it back and they didn't even check if it was used or not. but as soon as i opened it i could tell, visible fingers in there someone swatched it pretty good
I work at ulta. It would happen sometimes that when we get brand new item and we just pull them of the boxes and we would open couple of them to see how they look - they would be already swatched! like who does it? someone works at the warehouse who loves to swatch new items? 
A hot ass mess. Smh.

Twinkle_Twinkle

OK, all of the talk about setting sprays had me thinking about the difference btwn a setting spray and a finishing spray. I understand a finishing spray kinda softens your look. Would you use them both? I currently use MUFE Fix IT (whatever it is called) and I have Mienralized charge water. I didn't get fix + b/c of the glycerin in it. But how would you use both products ( setting spray, and finishing spray) at the same time?

I used the mufe step 1 mattifying primer and it was wonderful. I took it back b/c the day I used it I had a slight headache and the perfume in it killed me... I want something just as good, but without the heavy scent.
I think of a finishing spray as just softening the look after you've used setting powder or a powder foundation to give your makeup a more natural/less matte finish. And maybe it has some moisturizing benefits but that's about it. Whereas a setting spray is both taking away that powdery look and keeping your makeup in place, plus some have those same moisturizing benefits.

If you have a setting spray that you like then I don't think you need to use both, not after application anyway. But I guess you could use a like Fix+/Charged Water or UD Complexion Spray before application, or use it for application (to dampen brushes or smooth out application) or use it as a refresher. Conversely if you have a primer that you feel is really doing the job, then maybe your finishing spray is just fine. Personally, I like to use a primer and setting spray to give my makeup the longest wear I possibly can. I just feel like, why have a product that's only doing half of what the other product can do. That's just my
2cents.gif

I just started using the Hourglass Mineral Veil. I really like the way it feels, and I am super picky about the texture of primers. It's too early to say whether or not it's a love connection, but it gets really good reviews.

Ajigglin

OMG, so I got a Sephora order on Monday and sitting here now looking at my account, I don't even remember seeing the items! I remember taking out the samples, but I'm wondering wtf the items are!! I hope I didn't throw them out with the frigging packing materials! They weren't big ticket items, but still. This is what happens when you open a box in the middle of the night when your husband is asleep. :mad:  It's his fault!!
Welp! Hope you find it.

montREALady

I think of a finishing spray as just softening the look after you've used setting powder or a powder foundation to give your makeup a more natural/less matte finish. And maybe it has some moisturizing benefits but that's about it. Whereas a setting spray is both taking away that powdery look and keeping your makeup in place, plus some have those same moisturizing benefits.

If you have a setting spray that you like then I don't think you need to use both, not after application anyway. But I guess you could use a like Fix+/Charged Water or UD Complexion Spray before application, or use it for application (to dampen brushes or smooth out application) or use it as a refresher. Conversely if you have a primer that you feel is really doing the job, then maybe your finishing spray is just fine. Personally, I like to use a primer and setting spray to give my makeup the longest wear I possibly can. I just feel like, why have a product that's only doing half of what the other product can do. That's just my
2cents.gif

I just started using the Hourglass Mineral Veil. I really like the way it feels, and I am super picky about the texture of primers. It's too early to say whether or not it's a love connection, but it gets really good reviews.
I do a bunch of contradictory things. I dust/finish with a powder, lately it has been Black Radiance's Soft Focus powder (omg, love this stuff, got it last week), but then I always spritz Fix+...but then if it's hot out I'll then put a setting spray on top. Today I forgot to put the setting spray and could tell when I felt my face perspiring when I got on the train after walking, it looks great now, but I feel like that has a lot to do with the EL DW foundation, this stuff is BOMB. I kind of have a love/hate with setting sprays, I sometimes feel like they are blocking too much, like my skin wants to breathe and it can't, but I like that it helps me from looking like a sweaty-ass mess...

shizzelly

So Sephora actually has some pretty good free samples today! I've had the new NARS Starscape blush and Mezmer lipgloss in my cart for awhile now so I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy them... For two reasons, 1. the Ardency Inn Modster eyeliner in black in FINALLY back in stock and 2. like all of the NARS X Christopher Kane things seem have sold out overnight, other than the blushes and glosses. So anyway I grabbed the Diorshow mascara sample, the Kaplan lip duo and the tarte sunscreen!

YarahFlower

Tarte Tartlette Amazonian Clay $44 Roller Lash $24 KVD Liquid lipstick $20 Bite Beauty lip duo $12 $100. Bam
:haha: Have you used the tartelette palette? I loved it at first, but I'm finding that the colors don't blend like I want them too :( Maybe Tom Ford and MUFE have spoiled me to all other eyeshadows ...I have a MJ brush in my cart, think I'm going to add a KVD lippie :) part of me wants to wait on using my gift card because I feel like something really amazing is about to be launched...

Texasgulfcoast

So Sephora actually has some pretty good free samples today! I've had the new NARS Starscape blush and Mezmer lipgloss in my cart for awhile now so I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy them... For two reasons, 1. the Ardency Inn Modster eyeliner in black in FINALLY back in stock and 2. like all of the NARS X Christopher Kane things seem have sold out overnight, other than the blushes and glosses. So anyway I grabbed the Diorshow mascara sample, the Kaplan lip duo and the tarte sunscreen!
I love the 100 point Makeup Forever Plexi gloss. I bought a full size one last month. LOVE!

shizzelly

Quote:Originally Posted by Texasgulfcoast

I love the 100 point Makeup Forever Plexi gloss.  I bought a full size one last month.  LOVE!

I got that too! I wanted to try one before I bought any, I'm really interested in the lilac one :D

stephshopaholic

I got ardency inn's modster eyeliner in grass during the sale and I love it it's such a pretty and unique green eyeliner color I don't have anything like it.

mango13

My MUFE Electric palette arrived yesterday and I finally got to use it today. I used the black purple shade and even though it looks like a beautiful dark purple in the pan it look just like a flat black on my lids and had a good deal of fallout. I also used the amber and pale gold in the crease but that got overpowered by the black purple when I blended it to get rid of the harsh line and I had to use the lighter purple blush shade in the crease just to salvage the look. I also used the purple shade as a blush and it looked nice. I love how sturdy the palette feels. It's way more heavy than I thought it would be.

Bronwyn

My MUFE Electric palette arrived yesterday and I finally got to use it today. I used the black purple shade and even though it looks like a beautiful dark purple in the pan it look just like a flat black on my lids and had a good deal of fallout. I also used the amber and pale gold in the crease but that got overpowered by the black purple when I blended it to get rid of the harsh line and I had to use the lighter purple blush shade in the crease just to salvage the look. I also used the purple shade as a blush and it looked nice. I love how sturdy the palette feels. It's way more heavy than I thought it would be.
I defs feel there's a learning curve with these shadows. haven't figured out the best brush to use with them yet.

samanthadee1688

I got ardency inn's modster eyeliner in grass during the sale and I love it it's such a pretty and unique green eyeliner color I don't have anything like it.
The only ardency inn liner I have is lilac and I love the shade but I feel like I can't get it to apply to the waterline without making my eyes water and then the lilac color turns hot pink. Do you have problems with these liners?

samanthadee1688

Did anyone get the Bite Beauty LLR #5? I forget what they are calling it. I ordered it even though I have been telling myself over and over that I do not need anymore lip products!!! I can't resist a purple lippie

shontay07108

Did anyone get the Bite Beauty LLR #5? I forget what they are calling it. I ordered it even though I have been telling myself over and over that I do not need anymore lip products!!! I can't resist a purple lippie
I got it. There's a few swatches if you browse through the pics.