American Horror Story Chat

Dolly Snow

I hope this season is better than Coven. That one could've been executed better.
I agree aswell. It was a much anticipated series and it was very vague.
The actors and actresses well good and helped the story. The execution was not that great.
The only highlight for me was seeing Stevie Nicks lol

NaomiH

I'm also incredibly excited for Walking Dead to return around the same time as AHS. I miss my TWD Sundays and AHS Wednesdays. :(

NaomiH

OH SNAP!
http://tvline.com/2014/08/11/patti-labelle-american-horror-story-freak-show-character/

gabzillaa

SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

nanaparty.gif

SerenLuv

I really loved AHS Coven. My family is from New Orleans and I am quite familiar with the legends Madame La Laurie and Marie Laveau. Ryan Murphy is a genius for casting great actressed (Lange, Bassett and Bates). I only hope Freak Show lives up to the AHS name. I remember stories my grandmother and aunts used to tell about travelling carnivals coming to town and how they would sneak into the freak show. They would be amazed but then afraid to go to sleep. My aunt said she was unable to get the faces of a particular set of siamese twins out of her mind for years. She said the sadness on their faces penetrated her soul. I am truly excited to see this show but a little afraid at the same time...lol

NaomiH

I really loved AHS Coven. My family is from New Orleans and I am quite familiar with the legends Madame La Laurie and Marie Laveau. Ryan Murphy is a genius for casting great actressed (Lange, Bassett and Bates). I only hope Freak Show lives up to the AHS name. I remember stories my grandmother and aunts used to tell about travelling carnivals coming to town and how they would sneak into the freak show. They would be amazed but then afraid to go to sleep. My aunt said she was unable to get the faces of a particular set of siamese twins out of her mind for years. She said the sadness on their faces penetrated her soul. I am truly excited to see this show but a little afraid at the same time...lol
specktra_welcome.gif
I'm incredibly excited about this season as well. Some friends and I are planning on going to New Orleans in a few months and I'm demanding a stop at the La Laurie house. I was really excited they chose to use her story and Marie Laveau's for last season!

SerenLuv

specktra_welcome.gif
I'm incredibly excited about this season as well. Some friends and I are planning on going to New Orleans in a few months and I'm demanding a stop at the La Laurie house. I was really excited they chose to use her story and Marie Laveau's for last season!
Thanks, Naomi! I actually got a chance to go inside the LaLaurie house back in 2007 when Nicolas Cage bought it. His people hired a construction firm that my cousin was co-owner of at the time. He sold it a couple of years later. That place has gone through so many renovations. It used to be an apartment building. But many of the tenants complained of strange noises, occurrences and illnesses. Much of its original beauty has been detroyed over the years due to so many changes, but it is still a great place to see. No one ever keeps that place for more than 3 or 4 years. My friend who lives in the quarter says that there is a renewed tourist interest due to AHS.

NaomiH

Thanks, Naomi! I actually got a chance to go inside the LaLaurie house back in 2007 when Nicolas Cage bought it. His people hired a construction firm that my cousin was co-owner of at the time. He sold it a couple of years later. That place has gone through so many renovations. It used to be an apartment building. But many of the tenants complained of strange noises, occurrences and illnesses. Much of its original beauty has been detroyed over the years due to so many changes, but it is still a great place to see. No one ever keeps that place for more than 3 or 4 years. My friend who lives in the quarter says that there is a renewed tourist interest due to AHS.
I can imagine there has been! I've only been to NOLA once and it was several years ago and I was quite sad I didn't get to stop by then, but this time I will go by and no one shall stop me! lol

Also, Nicolas Cage is a weirdo. lol

Dolly Snow

I really loved AHS Coven.  My family is from New Orleans and I am quite familiar with the legends Madame La Laurie and Marie Laveau.  Ryan Murphy is a genius for casting great actressed (Lange, Bassett and Bates).  I only hope Freak Show lives up to the AHS name.  I remember stories my grandmother and aunts used to tell about travelling carnivals coming to town and how they would sneak into the freak show.  They would be amazed but then afraid to go to sleep.  My aunt said she was unable to get the faces of a particular set of siamese twins out of her mind for years.  She said the sadness on their faces penetrated her soul.  I am truly excited to see this show but a little afraid at the same time...lol
My mother went to one if the traveling circuses as a child. She still tells me stories of the times she has been. I am just like you excited and intrigued by this years AHS. Last years was tops. I truly love the way ryan Murphy includes real life people, events etc. Truly makes the show more interesting.