Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

Icecaramellatte

I tried it today. The color I used was chunky. I didn't realize it when I dipped my brush in. I ended up blending it out with a bronze from another ABH palette. I still liked the color. I will probably keep mine. I like all kinds of highlighters. But we will see. I will try it again tomorrow with either another brush or not dip in to it so much.

Not to be rude but I just realized, an SA helped me today that had the IG/Youtube highlighter look on. I've never noticed that look on a person in real life before. I thought people just went heavy with it on Youtube and IG so you could see it better and thought it had something to do with lighting and how things look on video. But she had quite noticeable white highlighter streaks on her cheeks, kind of low on her cheeks almost like blush and a strip of white highlighter down her nose and on the very tip. It was very noticeable not like you had to turn side ways to see it. It was straight on. It was luminous but not sheer. It wasn't opaque either. (So hard to describe. Is there a word between sheer and opaque?) Are people seeing this in real life?

BrittLuvsMakeup

I have the ultimate glow kit and it's getting returned to ABH. The reviews are 100% correct, most of the shades have chunky glitter. I can see the glitter particles on my face and that's not a look I'm going for. The formula feels different, it's not as smooth as the Sun Dipped palette.

Saw this review about the abh UGK it just depends on what you like

NEW ANASTASIA ULTIMATE GLOW KIT | SWATCHES - YouTube

Got mine today.
It's going back tomorrow.
I actually hate it, which is a strong word.
It's a chunky, glittery, sparkly mess.

I tried it today. The color I used was chunky. I didn't realize it when I dipped my brush in. I ended up blending it out with a bronze from another ABH palette. I still liked the color. I will probably keep mine. I like all kinds of highlighters. But we will see. I will try it again tomorrow with either another brush or not dip in to it so much.

Thank you for your reviews ladies, and thank you for sharing the video filio. I will still swatch it if I see it while I'm at the store after it comes out but most likely, it will be a pass for me. Besides the negative reviews about it's quality, it costs more than the regular glow kits but has less product. The regular glow kits contain 1.04oz of product while the new glow kit has 0.96oz of product. While I understand that there are more shades and bigger packaging, the fact that it has less product and is of lower quality but costs more than the regular glow kit is a turn off for me personally.

Icecaramellatte

I tried the Mario palette today too. Only used 3 shades but it was a nice quick out the door look. Great since I needed to get to work early. I also wore Amber?? I think that is the lightest shade from the fall lipgloss set. It didn't look too light. I was afraid it would be but I even skipped liner with it today and it looked fine.

Shars

Not to be rude but I just realized, an SA helped me today that had the IG/Youtube highlighter look on. I've never noticed that look on a person in real life before. I thought people just went heavy with it on Youtube and IG so you could see it better and thought it had something to do with lighting and how things look on video. But she had quite noticeable white highlighter streaks on her cheeks, kind of low on her cheeks almost like blush and a strip of white highlighter down her nose and on the very tip. It was very noticeable not like you had to turn side ways to see it. It was straight on. It was luminous but not sheer. It wasn't opaque either. (So hard to describe. Is there a word between sheer and opaque?) Are people seeing this in real life?

I've seen it once or twice on people who I assume don't appreciate the difference between applying makeup for film/photography and for real life. That said, if she likes it... good for her. I've learned that what doesn't rock my boat or suit my preference will blow someone else's socks off so I try to keep a poker face and my mouth shut hahaha. I personally think it's too much sometimes if you aren't doing it for photography where you do need to exaggerate so the lens pics up everything.

leonah

:stickpoke:Push. The. Button. LOL!
Don't ya just love that we wanna spend your money for you!?! ;)

lol! I thought you were on the same team as me :cool: :rolleyes: I got major fomo since it's so limited although the shadows are not that special it definitely looks like something I could wear more daily than for example the modern renaissance even though I looove red/burgundy shadows I need me them neutrals for everyday work/school life

fur4elise

lol! I thought you were on the same team as me :cool: :rolleyes: I got major fomo since it's so limited although the shadows are not that special it definitely looks like something I could wear more daily than for example the modern renaissance even though I looove red/burgundy shadows I need me them neutrals for everyday work/school life

I am totally on your side:cool:...but I am feeling this palette from all the glowing reviews coming back,even from those who were skeptical...And it is true, it is a much better value than me buying just 3 - 4 shadows...I'm on the fence but thinking I will fall off into the pool and go for it as well. Trying to hold out until the F&F sale so at least it would be discounted...

leonah

I am totally on your side:cool:...but I am feeling this palette from all the glowing reviews coming back,even from those who were skeptical...And it is true, it is a much better value than me buying just 3 - 4 shadows...I'm on the fence but thinking I will fall off into the pool and go for it as well. Trying to hold out until the F&F sale so at least it would be discounted...

yeah I know! that makes me even more fomo.. yes I would probably hit pan on a palette quicker (not that it have ever happened to me yet except maybe one CP shadow almost!) than a single 1.5 gr of eyeshadow. so at least there's that :rolleyes: the sad part is that I recently got both the c'est chic palette and nordstrom now palette and now I crave a new palette.. eyeshadows are so addictive! should come with a warning label, likewise for highlighters :thankyou: :screams:

Last edited:

Shars

If you're only buying it for FOMO and because it's LE I'd say skip it. Her single shadows are supposed to be better quality than her palettes and it'll only be a matter of time before the shades you prefer in this palette are available. If you're still lemming for them then, then go for it. If you can get it on discount, I'd say go for it, since it's one of the cheaper palettes out there (number of shadows vs cost).

leonah

If you're only buying it for FOMO and because it's LE I'd say skip it. Her single shadows are supposed to be better quality than her palettes and it'll only be a matter of time before the shades you prefer in this palette are available. If you're still lemming for them then, then go for it. If you can get it on discount, I'd say go for it, since it's one of the cheaper palettes out there (number of shadows vs cost).

no it's not only because of fomo that I would like this palette. I still love the earthy neutral colors. I initially was planning on a skip but when more people got their palette and more swatches came out the more I liked it so I might cave and treat myself this after all I could get a lot of use for it although I'm currently home with a damaged knee and basically got no life outside of my apartment. tbh I'm quite tired of all the single shadows I already have too many even though I don't have any dupes myself for this palette. hmm will think about it a little bit more. I can't get it on discount though.. but the price is a bit cheaper than say if I would buy her single shadows here or her MR palette here

Last edited:

fur4elise

yeah I know! that makes me even more fomo.. yes I would probably hit pan on a palette quicker (not that it have ever happened to me yet except maybe one CP shadow almost!) than a single 1.5 gr of eyeshadow. so at least there's that :rolleyes: the sad part is that I recently got both the c'est chic palette and nordstrom now palette and now I crave a new palette.. eyeshadows are so addictive! should come with a warning label, likewise for highlighters :thankyou: :screams:
Yes yes yes! I cleared out a whole stash of eye shadows that went unused...but slowly surely...well not as slowly as I'd like, I have rebuilt the stash AGAIN...and I'm not done yet...sigh! At least this time, I am using everything I have! And having fun with it!

Silly question, but what the heck does FOMO mean?
Fear Of Missing Out ;)

NaomiH

Yes yes yes! I cleared out a whole stash of eye shadows that went unused...but slowly surely...well not as slowly as I'd like, I have rebuilt the stash AGAIN...and I'm not done yet...sigh! At least this time, I am using everything I have! And having fun with it!

Fear Of Missing Out ;)

Thank you :flowers:

fur4elise

By the way...I'm getting no work done at all today...
Anastasia%u00252BBeverly%u00252BHills%u00252BMaster%u00252BPalette%u00252Bby%u00252BMario%u00252.jpg
Anastasia%u00252BBeverly%u00252BHills%u00252BMaster%u00252BPalette%u00252Bby%u00252BMario%u00252.jpg
(thebeautylookbook)
Sabrina's swatches do make this look like a really fine collection...

MaryJane

I've actually had the opposite experience - the palettes I have (MR and MM) are better quality than the singles. The singles are very good but the ones in the palette are a little better. IMO

Shars

no it's not only because of fomo that I would like this palette. I still love the earthy neutral colors. I initially was planning on a skip but when more people got their palette and more swatches came out the more I liked it so I might cave and treat myself this after all I could get a lot of use for it although I'm currently home with a damaged knee and basically got no life outside of my apartment. tbh I'm quite tired of all the single shadows I already have too many even though I don't have any dupes myself for this palette. hmm will think about it a little bit more. I can't get it on discount though.. but the price is a bit cheaper than say if I would buy her single shadows here or her MR palette here

I think you've solved your dilemma then! Go for it and enjoy it.

I've actually had the opposite experience - the palettes I have (MR and MM) are better quality than the singles. The singles are very good but the ones in the palette are a little better. IMO

Oh wow! That's good to hear about these recent ones. The only palette I have is the Tamanna Palette and I really like her mattes in the palette. The shimmers...meh. I've had better. I was planning to pick up the MR one but I have so many palettes!!!! LOL!

Latest posts