Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

montREALady

Yes, she did say that they were exclusive to the ABH website. To be honest, while I'm happy for people who may not have purchased it yet and are now able to get it in store if they choose, I'm personally a little miffed that it was advertised as remaining exclusive to the website and then it pops up at Macy's with no announcement. I would have waited to purchase it and got cash back for my purchase and points on my Plenti card had I known it was going to eventually make it to the store. Oh well, I guess I at least saved on paying tax on it, lol.

Yes you did save on tax. I ordered it from Macy's last night to pick up in my store and the order is ready! So not only is it on their website, it's in their stores. ABH annoys me when they do that as well. Or when they say something is limited, you break your neck to get it then they make it perm. Mind tricks.

montREALady

If you're only buying it for FOMO and because it's LE I'd say skip it. Her single shadows are supposed to be better quality than her palettes and it'll only be a matter of time before the shades you prefer in this palette are available. If you're still lemming for them then, then go for it. If you can get it on discount, I'd say go for it, since it's one of the cheaper palettes out there (number of shadows vs cost).

I find the quality of her palette shadows to be great so I seriously don't need anything better. I don't think it would make a difference to me tbh. I put it on my eyes, go to work and take if off that evening and it's fine. And to pay more for a bigger shadow that I won't finish doesn't make sense to me. I did it for Selena though because of that packaging. LOL!

montREALady

Ultimate Glow Kit is on Macy's too, not sure if it was posted here or not
Anastasia Beverly Hills Ultimate Glow Set - Makeup - Beauty - Macy's

Reviews:
Different from other ABH Glow Kits, but still good!
October 14, 2016

AMMacys123

I shop at macys.com: Frequently
Where did you purchase this item? Online

I really like this! The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the formula is different from the other Glow Kits (which I LOVE.) This has slightly more glitter in it. But it's definitely still great quality and pigmented. I really like the fact that there are 6 shades in this one as well. It would work for a wide range of skin tones.

Yes, I recommend this product.

I'm Obsessed!
October 16, 2016

StefCoronel

Sheer
ratingSlider.gif

Bold

Oil-absorbing
ratingSlider.gif

Moisturizing

Natural wear
ratingSlider.gif

Long lasting

I love this palette, the shimmer is beautiful and its really complements my skin tone.

Yes, I recommend this product.

Those two were glowing reviews but one ratings-only score of 1 star brought the overall # down for the kit.

Last edited:

Shars

I find the quality of her palette shadows to be great so I seriously don't need anything better. I don't think it would make a difference to me tbh. I put it on my eyes, go to work and take if off that evening and it's fine. And to pay more for a bigger shadow that I won't finish doesn't make sense to me. I did it for Selena though because of that packaging. LOL!

That's all well and good unless you're buying the palette for two damn shades haha! I have soooo many palettes I sometimes forget I own them. I have a Laura Mercier palette I lusted after like nobody's business and I hardly wear it. That could do with the fact though that I find the shades fade on me before the end of the day. I promised to try it again with a different primer or base but I have so many others I reach for *sigh*. Trying to stick to unique palettes. I like the look of the ones from Saucebox Cosmetics (Winter Wish Collection) and Suva Beauty (Neutral Necessity Palette) but I'm so sceptical sometimes of these IG brands.

montREALady

That's all well and good unless you're buying the palette for two damn shades haha! I have soooo many palettes I sometimes forget I own them. I have a Laura Mercier palette I lusted after like nobody's business and I hardly wear it. That could do with the fact though that I find the shades fade on me before the end of the day. I promised to try it again with a different primer or base but I have so many others I reach for *sigh*. Trying to stick to unique palettes. I like the look of the ones from Saucebox Cosmetics (Winter Wish Collection) and Suva Beauty (Neutral Necessity Palette) but I'm so sceptical sometimes of these IG brands.

I know. Don't get me started on having too much. I literally couldn't find the UD Razor Sharp liner I JUST GOT LAST WEEK this morning. OMG. It's too much. And all my 2015 and prior highlighters are in a case that I'm too lazy to go into so I've been doing fine with the ones from this year...don't ask for e/s palettes. Hot and sweaty I chase something then it gets push to the side when something new comes up. The only indie brand palettes I have are Juvia's and MUG. Oh and the BH Missy Lynn one.

Shars

I know. Don't get me started on having too much. I literally couldn't find the UD Razor Sharp liner I JUST GOT LAST WEEK this morning. OMG. It's too much. And all my 2015 and prior highlighters are in a case that I'm too lazy to go into so I've been doing fine with the ones from this year...don't ask for e/s palettes. Hot and sweaty I chase something then it gets push to the side when something new comes up. The only indie brand palettes I have are Juvia's and MUG. Oh and the BH Missy Lynn one.

*sigh* It's very out of sight, out of mind for me. Until I can get a proper set up where I can see everything, it will continue. I still have stuff from the Makeup Show that I forgot I bought haha! How do you like the Juvia's Place ones and the MUG? I have a palette from BH cosmetics from ages ago that's my ride or die... has my holy grail eyebrow highlight in it.

My first ABH product.
Of course, I didn't get the TF Orchid Soleil sample from Sephora

View attachment 57002

You caved too? LOL! Enjoy. Sucks that they forgot to send your sample though!

awickedshape

*sigh* It's very out of sight, out of mind for me. Until I can get a proper set up where I can see everything, it will continue. I still have stuff from the Makeup Show that I forgot I bought haha! How do you like the Juvia's Place ones and the MUG? I have a palette from BH cosmetics from ages ago that's my ride or die... has my holy grail eyebrow highlight in it.

You caved too? LOL! Enjoy. Sucks that they forgot to send your sample though!

I did lol
The IG FOTDs were so lovely that I forgot my absence of technique lol

montREALady

Sweets Glow Kit at Macys. Didn't Norvina say this and Moonchild were exclusive to the ABH website?

Omg, just swatched this. I can't with the glitter. So not the same formula and you can't de-pot them like the others. Macy's wasn't supposed to get Sweets but they sent it so they can meet their quota as per someone at the counter. Swatches soon.

Shars

Omg, just swatched this. I can't with the glitter. So not the same formula and you can't de-pot them like the others. Macy's wasn't supposed to get Sweets but they sent it so they can meet their quota as per someone at the counter. Swatches soon.

Ultimate Glow is up on Sephora now also. So strange how they handled this release.

montREALady

Ultimate Glow is up on Sephora now also. So strange how they handled this release.

The way they wrote out "Glow Kit" on top also makes it look cheap in the white writing. Anastasia will be at Macy's Herald Sq in a couple weeks signing purchases.

Shars

The way they wrote out "Glow Kit" on top also makes it look cheap in the white writing. Anastasia will be at Macy's Herald Sq in a couple weeks signing purchases.

Very reminiscent of Microsoft Word "Word Art" days when you were doing a cover page for an assignment lol!

awickedshape

I didn't get it either! In fact,I placed two orders and on neither order did I get the samples that I asked for.

Ugh. :/
I guess they ran out?

It was more irritating than disappointing this time because I skipped the Saks beauty bag to place an order at Nordies to get OS and two other perfume samples I wanted to try, but in placing the order the samples did not show up.
I emailed them but they of course could not add it to my order, they could only ship them separately and could not guarantee that I'd get the same samples.
I told them not to bother since I pay for my packages.
Lo and behold I get a package with three random samples :mad:

montREALady

1476737285579_wm.jpg
Swatched inside because it showed the glitter particles best.

Swatch video on my IG in a minute.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Yes you did save on tax. I ordered it from Macy's last night to pick up in my store and the order is ready! So not only is it on their website, it's in their stores. ABH annoys me when they do that as well. Or when they say something is limited, you break your neck to get it then they make it perm. Mind tricks.

I'm happy that you were able to get it from their site since you were able to get cash back and Plenti points. I don't buy much from Macy's but I love the idea of buying online to take advantage of getting cash back and then going to the store shortly after so you can have your item in hand that same day (or whatever day you choose to go in). I'm still not pleased with ABH's marketing tactics sometimes, but many companies seem to be doing it these days so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

View attachment 57014
Swatched inside because it showed the glitter particles best.

Swatch video on my IG in a minute.

Thank you so much for your swatches! I watched your swatch video as well. Although I already knew of the quality due to complaints and swatches I've seen, seeing your swatches really sealed the deal for me. I have all of the other glow kits and I just can't justify any reason to get this when the quality is not nearly the same, it contains less product than their other kits, and it costs more. Plus, with all of these sales and releases coming up that I'm interested in, I could probably save the money I planned on spending on this and use it towards other things. And thanks for letting us know why Macy's got the Sweets Glow Kit, it was strange to me that it seemed to just pop up there unannounced.

montREALady

I'm happy that you were able to get it from their site since you were able to get cash back and Plenti points. I don't buy much from Macy's but I love the idea of buying online to take advantage of getting cash back and then going to the store shortly after so you can have your item in hand that same day (or whatever day you choose to go in). I'm still not pleased with ABH's marketing tactics sometimes, but many companies seem to be doing it these days so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Thank you so much for your swatches! I watched your swatch video as well. Although I already knew of the quality due to complaints and swatches I've seen, seeing your swatches really sealed the deal for me. I have all of the other glow kits and I just can't justify any reason to get this when the quality is not nearly the same, it contains less product than their other kits, and it costs more. Plus, with all of these sales and releases coming up that I'm interested in, I could probably save the money I planned on spending on this and use it towards other things. And thanks for letting us know why Macy's got the Sweets Glow Kit, it was strange to me that it seemed to just pop up there unannounced.

Wearing Sweets today, Sassy Grape and Taffy. Love it of course. Yeah, I'm not too keen on glitter in my highlighter and in the Moonchild, it's like Purple Horseshoe if I had to compare. I shade fine, but all? The only one that seemed to have the least or was more opaque was Amber Gold. I was thinking about the Tarte Pro one they just released over the weekend but I'm hesitant because of the contour shades.

Icecaramellatte

I love those two as well and have used this palette the last couple of days and liked it. I used Golden Dawn as a shadow today and it was nice. I also used Amber Gold last night as a shadow and it was lovely. I've used AG, Sunray and White Sand as highlights on my face using my ABH 23 brush) using a light hand since they're so pigmented and they blended in pretty nicely and I didn't notice any chunky glitter on my face.

I keep forgetting about that brush. I'll give it a try with this palette. Thanks.

fur4elise

ABH_MM.jpg
Swatches in direct sunlight. Love it! :heart:
ABHMM_KVDLS.jpg
I am very pleased with this purchase! It will get lots of use!
Yes, you have to be careful of fallout...I am in particular because my foundation/face is always put on first.
Please excuse my much used KVD Light & Shade! I wanted to show that is it a nice matte companion to the ABH MM palette!
It will also work nicely with my KVD Metal Matte palette & Rust Eye Contour Quad!
Thank you ladies for all the reviews. Very happy!
:twirl: