Anime and Manga - Anyone here?

BloodMittens

I was wondering if anyone here at all watched Anime, or read Manga. Doujins or anything? Lol.

If so, name em off ;D I'm an avid manga reader, especially Shoujo (Girly Manga pretty much, fluff and love) but I also like Shonen (Action based manga or anime, guns, blood, dying, fun stuff, etc.)

Besides makeup this is one of my one true loves
greengrin.gif
I absolute LOVE manga, anime not so much, since it's just mostly adaptations of manga, but still. I just finished Death Note, which was an awesome Shonen.

So how about anyone else? (^x^)

List of Shoujo Mangas:

Crimson Hero
Nana
Kaze Hikaru
Tsuki no Shippo
Hot Gimmick
Beauty is the Beast
+

Shonen: Not as much but:

Rurouni Kenshin
Death Note
a BIT of Naruto

Dark_Phoenix

I like more the dark sci-fi kind of stuff. Galerians, Elfen Lied, Serial Experiments Lain, and Neon Genesis Evangelion are my favorite series (I have all those series on dvd <3 ). I still love Sailor Moon... it was my first series of any show that I watched religiously.

I don't read manga ._. I like American comic books better. Astonishing X-Men is my favorite series right now (it's written by Joss Whedon, same guy who wrote Buffy and the movie Serenity).
Black Widow: The Things They Say About Her, Black Widow: Homecoming, X-23, Emma Frost, and NYX are my favorite short runs (i.e. they aren't permanent like New X-Men or Astonishing X-Men are <although it's ending with issue 24 for Astonishing>).

BloodMittens

Awesome! I have to say Evangelion was a very very good series for it's short time. The movies somewhat confuse me, but I think that's why I like them so much.

I like some american comic books too, but mostly just the Thor series, mostly from Avengers times. I have a weird obsession with him 6(._.) Eheh.

astronaut

I don't really like anime or anything but when I saw Shin Chan on adult swim, I fell in loooovvveee! I love this show haha! ASS DANCE!

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Death Note is really good.. love it~

I watch and read manga/anime, but I can't stand to watch the english version because the voices sound really bad compared to the jap ones. lol.

Marielle001

I'm really into cartoons in general. My favorites tend to be American or European ones inspired by Asian/Japanese animation. For example, right now I looooove Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nick. I also like Oban Star-Racers, which is a French-Japanese collaboration. I find anime tends to have more filler than I like, but it could be I have seen the wrong ones (Inuyasha, Naruto).

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIxSkyDancerxIx
Death Note is really good.. love it~

I watch and read manga/anime, but I can't stand to watch the english version because the voices sound really bad compared to the jap ones. lol.

I've only seen the subtitled ones, I dind't know there was an English version. I heard it's coming to Adult Swim sometime next year.

I want to see the live action movie, I am dying to see how they pull Ryuk off.

I bought my boyfriend a replica of the Death Note for Valentine's day this year, so far he hasn't written any names in it yet! LOL!!!

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielle001
I'm really into cartoons in general. My favorites tend to be American or European ones inspired by Asian/Japanese animation. For example, right now I looooove Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nick. I also like Oban Star-Racers, which is a French-Japanese collaboration. I find anime tends to have more filler than I like, but it could be I have seen the wrong ones (Inuyasha, Naruto).

I love Avatar, I think it's one of the best cartoon out there right now! Can't wait for season three to start!

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchingAfroHiddenPick
A friend of mine turned me onto a anime series( and magna series) called Death Note!

I love Death Note! It's awesome
greengrin.gif
Hence the L. He's my fave.

And I agree about the english voiceovers. I can't stand dubs, I like the japanese voices... it's so much better that way.

Calhoune

I don't really like the girly stuff... I'm more into shonen and gory ones.

My faves are, FLCL, Trigun, Naruto, One Piece, Elfen Lied, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach. Of which I both watch the anime and read the manga. I like to both read and watch because... I dunno. If I see it and like it, I just have to read it.

I also read and watch guro anime and manga and I have to say it's my favourite genre. I'm weird. AND TENTACLE HENTAI FTW

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoune
I don't really like the girly stuff... I'm more into shonen and gory ones.

My faves are, FLCL, Trigun, Naruto, One Piece, Elfen Lied, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach. Of which I both watch the anime and read the manga. I like to both read and watch because... I dunno. If I see it and like it, I just have to read it.

I also read and watch guro anime and manga and I have to say it's my favourite genre. I'm weird. AND TENTACLE HENTAI FTW

ROFLcopter, oh lawd. I find tentacle hentai to be hilarious, I mean come on!

I never really got into Bleach, or Naruto. I'm not sure why 6(._.) Hmm. Shonens and me don't mix too well unless I really really like it, like Death Note and Kenshin.

Shoujo is fo' me @_@

Calhoune

Tentacles are the shiz.

I will like any manga aslong as it's not a "harem"-one. Like Negima and Love Hina.
I've never been a fan of yaoi either, I don't get it >.>

BloodMittens

Quote:
Tentacles are the shiz.

I will like any manga aslong as it's not a "harem"-one. Like Negima and Love Hina.
I've never been a fan of yaoi either, I don't get it >.>

I find Yaoi hilarious too. It's like... just funny. Not sure why, it intrigues me.

Love Hina sucks IMO. It just... never had that engaging of a story line.

Remember Tenchi? Or Outlaw Star?

greengrin.gif

Calhoune

No I haven't really read or seen that much of the old school, "classic" anime and manga. I'm not new into it, but so far I just having a hard time keeping up with all the new stuff that I haven't had time to venture into the oldies.

Akira and Princess Mononoke is about as old as it gets lol

Marielle001

Quote:
I love Avatar, I think it's one of the best cartoon out there right now! Can't wait for season three to start!

Squee! Me too! I have all of the first two seasons on my computer (through totally legal means of course) and I've been watching those episodes to tide me over.

spectrolite

I love manga and anime. I read the Naruto manga each week and have read Blade of the Immortal.

As for anime series and movies well I've watched so many but these are some of my faves:
- Naruto >_< Dattebayo!
- Record of the Loddoss war - my all time favorite fantasy series
- Bastard!
- Vampire Princess Miyu (original series)
- Fushigi Yuugi
- Card Captor Sakura (hehe, well i thought it was cute!)
- Berzerk
- Hellsing
- Cowboy Bebop
- Space Adventure Cobra
- Ninja Scroll
- Akira
- Afro Samurai
- Vampire Hunter D
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Battle Angel Alita
- Lupin
- Vision of Escaflowne
- Anything by Hayao Miyazaki (especially Howls Moving Castle <3)

mello

Ahh. I used to be really into Anime and Manga. I should start reading mangas again.
I would love to get my hands on the whole chobits series. Or anything by Clamp, basically. I love it. Or Inuyasha.
The only other manga I've read was Comic Party. It was pretty funny
smiles.gif

righteothen

manga:
Trinity Blood (so much better in manga form. The adaptation of the novels was *shrug*)
Berserk
Rurouni Kenshin
Dark Edge (hard to find)
Blade of the Immortal
Gunsmith Cats
Death Note (so good)
... there are more, but I'm not in front of my bookshelf

Anime:
Initial D
Berserk (times a million)
Rurouni Kenshin
Death Note
UC Gundam movies
Z Gundam
Gundam 0083
Claymore
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Nana
... like I said, there are others, but bookshelf or HD

Yeah, I'm the opposite. I love shounen, and shoujo is not really my thing. I have a couple I like, though.

BloodMittens

Quote:
No I haven't really read or seen that much of the old school, "classic" anime and manga. I'm not new into it, but so far I just having a hard time keeping up with all the new stuff that I haven't had time to venture into the oldies.

Akira and Princess Mononoke is about as old as it gets lol

If you liked Mononoke, you might like Spirited Away, and if that's too girly esque, try Howl's Moving Castle, it's really good.

Latest posts