Armani Discussion

Icecaramellatte

I know this collection was mentioned before but seeing reference to it on Instagram makes me think it won't be much longer. I don't know how I'll justify buying another plum lipstick or lipgloss. I've bought so many lately.

http://instagram.com/p/yLz2yVxZsD/?modal=true

EllaS

I'm obsessed with green eye shadow---that's all I wore at one time, so very long ago
girlhaha.gif

I'm right there with you & Shars.
party.gif
I love it--can't get enough. I literally gasped when I saw your pics!!!
Meddy you and I are on the same makeup wavelength - orange lippies and green eyeshadow
girlhaha.gif

EllaS

I know this collection was mentioned before but seeing reference to it on Instagram makes me think it won't be much longer. I don't know how I'll justify buying another plum lipstick or lipgloss. I've bought so many lately.

I've been stalking the department stores online for about a week. This collection might kill me. But I want to see more of it! I hope some swatches/actual photos pop up soon.

Medgal07

Just played around with my new 4 tints and I LOOOVE them!!
yahoo.gif

I already have a full face of makeup on, or else I'd try them on my lids. I seriously adore these. At first swipe, they were a little watery... but I kind of stirred my applicator around and shook the tube and it solved the problem. Maybe some settling from shipping? Who know. A little upset in Nordstrom's shipping. They were put in a box with some crumpled paper. When I opened the box, 3 of the 4 of my tints were out of their box!! Luckily they are not fragile. Of the four, I have to say... #8, Flannel is a STUNNER! I couldn't believe my eyes how beautiful and strong the duochrome shift is. While I love all four, Flannel is an easy clear favorite.

#1 Obsidian: Actually looks to be a really dark navy in the tube. I included an extra photo of this one because we haven't seen to many swatches of it. It's perfectly pigmented. In the shade, it looks like a matte black from speaking distance, though it likely is very dark navy. I am quite fair so it's hard to be 100% sure. In the sun, you can see some dimension and holographic shimmer. It wasn't as prominent as #7 or #8. If you sheered it out a little more, the sparkle became much more noticeable.

#7 Shadow: A very pretty lavender-ish gray, though leaning more gray in most lighting. I'm sorry I'm so bad at describing color. This one has a lot of shimmer/sparkle that was hard to capture on camera but showed up very well in person. It's very pretty, and I'm glad I got it. One of my favorite shades of shadows. @EllaS does a phenomenal job of catching the beauty of this color in her swatches! I need her talent.

#8 Flannel: As I said before, A beautiful shade. This one, I didn't have the "watery" problem with. (Though it was mediated in the other three by shaking as previously stated) It's creamy, and smooth, and so beautiful. It's definitely unique to my stash of eyeshadows. In the shade, it pulls much more pink on me. In indirect sunlight is when you can see the duochrome best. In direct sunlight, it pulls the peach/gold part of the duochrome effect. It was hard to capture in the shade on my wrist. It appears sheer in the swatches, but is most definitely opaque. It blended it out a little and at some angles it's close to my skin tone (oddly...
girlhaha.gif
) Again, the best way to see this beauty in action is a video on Ella's instagram. It truly does look like that IRL!

#10 Senso: A beautiful brown color. When blended out on my wrist, it looked more like a satin/sheen than overly sparkly. This one had a beautiful dimension to it even in the shade! I have a feeling this one is really going to make my blue eyes pop. I can't wait to wear it!

In short..... I want more! They are such beautifully performing products! I thought I could stop at 4... I was wrong. I truly hope they're permanent or else I will go broke with these.
thud.gif

(Again.. so hard to capture the pretty holo shimmer in this one. It's more noticeable in the sun in real life.)

^ This is the shade photo.
Top Left: Shadow
Top Right: Flannel
Bottom Left: Senso
Bottom Right: Obsidian (It's not patchy, I just got excited and the swatch came out a little messy on the edges.
girlhaha.gif
)

^ This is the direct sunlight photo.
Bottom Right: Obsidian

^ Awkward blurry picture that tries to capture the shift in Flannel and how beautiful it is.

^ Indirect sunlight. I was standing in my room with plenty of natural light from my window, but wasn't facing it directly.
Bottom Right: Obsidian
Gorgeous! I appreciate these swatches so much!! The earth opened and Meddy fell in---head first. Just placed an order!

Medgal07

Pretty though ICL. You're allow to skip it you know!!!!
girlhaha.gif

EllaS

Long shot, but does anybody have the Flash Lacquers in #525 or #527? I can't seem to find swatches anywhere.

Also, the Flash Lacquer in #202 is calling my name. Anybody have that one? It reminds me of what I wanted the YSL Tint in Oil in "Drive Me Copper" to be.

Medgal07

Long shot, but does anybody have the Flash Lacquers in #525 or #527? I can't seem to find swatches anywhere.

Also, the Flash Lacquer in #202 is calling my name. Anybody have that one? It reminds me of what I wanted the YSL Tint in Oil in "Drive Me Copper" to be.
Ella I found the following through a brief Google search. Not sure if it's enough----hopefully a start!!!
armani flash lacquers 525 & 527 swatches
armani flash lacquers 202 swatches
armani flash lacquers swatches

katred

Specktra Bestie
Pretty though ICL. You're allow to skip it you know!!!!
girlhaha.gif
That's crazy talk.

Here's T's first review of the eye tints:

http://www.temptalia.com/giorgio-armani-onyx-green-iron-emeraude-eye-tints-reviews-photos-swatches

She mentions that some of them are a little inconsistent in terms of the distribution of the pigment and I did notice that in the swatch I took of Jade, but not any of the others. I found that it was resolved by pumping the applicator gently, although maybe that's not recommended. I've honestly not experienced any issues with the one that I have. Thinking I'm going to have to go out and get a handful of these later in the week. I want almost all of them (I really don't think Jade would work on my eyes/ complexion and I don't need Flannel since I have Rose Popilla), so it's more a matter of prioritizing. Currently thinking Emeraude (I 100% agree with T that cooler deep greens are surprisingly tricky to find), Shadow and maybe Cold Copper. Or Green Iron. Or Minuit. Or Onyx. Or Obsidian. Clearly I need help. And money.

laurennnxox

That's crazy talk. Here's T's first review of the eye tints: http://www.temptalia.com/giorgio-armani-onyx-green-iron-emeraude-eye-tints-reviews-photos-swatches She mentions that some of them are a little inconsistent in terms of the distribution of the pigment and I did notice that in the swatch I took of Jade, but not any of the others. I found that it was resolved by pumping the applicator gently, although maybe that's not recommended. I've honestly not experienced any issues with the one that I have. Thinking I'm going to have to go out and get a handful of these later in the week. I want almost all of them (I really don't think Jade would work on my eyes/ complexion and I don't need Flannel since I have Rose Popilla), so it's more a matter of prioritizing. Currently thinking Emeraude (I 100% agree with T that cooler deep greens are surprisingly tricky to find), Shadow and maybe Cold Copper. Or Green Iron. Or Minuit. Or Onyx. Or Obsidian. Clearly I need help. And money.
Hmm she listed onyx as a dupe for my 2nd favorite shade in Tisse Fantaisie. I wish I saw this before already placing my order! It would probably look beautiful paired with that quad or layered over the powder color from Tf.

mkoparanova

Has anyone tried both Eyes to Kill and Eyes to Kill Excess mascaras? I'm finishing the first one and I love it but maybe the second one is even better?

Medgal07

That's crazy talk.

http://www.temptalia.com/giorgio-armani-onyx-green-iron-emeraude-eye-tints-reviews-photos-swatches

She mentions that some of them are a little inconsistent in terms of the distribution of the pigment and I did notice that in the swatch I took of Jade, but not any of the others. I found that it was resolved by pumping the applicator gently, although maybe that's not recommended. I've honestly not experienced any issues with the one that I have. Thinking I'm going to have to go out and get a handful of these later in the week. I want almost all of them (I really don't think Jade would work on my eyes/ complexion and I don't need Flannel since I have Rose Popilla), so it's more a matter of prioritizing. Currently thinking Emeraude (I 100% agree with T that cooler deep greens are surprisingly tricky to find), Shadow and maybe Cold Copper. Or Green Iron. Or Minuit. Or Onyx. Or Obsidian. Clearly I need help. And money.
girlhaha.gif
It was very tongue-in-cheek, knowing she probably not skip it.

I definitely want need more---Cold Copper, Senso & Onyx are next for me
th_DANCE.gif

Medgal07

Hmm she listed onyx as a dupe for my 2nd favorite shade in Tisse Fantaisie. I wish I saw this before already placing my order! It would probably look beautiful paired with that quad or layered over the powder color from Tf.
Runs to look at my Tissè Fantaisie
th_happy1.gif
Oh it does---how sweet it is. Onyx might have to be my very next one!!!

Shars

That's crazy talk.

Me and you both lol!

EllaS

Ella I found the following through a brief Google search. Not sure if it's enough----hopefully a start!!!
armani flash lacquers 525 & 527 swatches
armani flash lacquers 202 swatches
armani flash lacquers swatches
Oh Meddy thank you, though I always do my due diligence with Google before querying here. Unfortunately none of those swatches are actually of 525 and 527 - just other flash lacquers. Such a tease! And I had seen a couple swatches of 202 - was just curious if anyone here had it and had opinions on it. The more swatches I can see the better since these things look so different on everyone. One of the drawbacks of not living close to a counter so I can try them myself! Then again, maybe a good thing because those visits could be dangerous
girlhaha.gif

EllaS

Runs to look at my Tissè Fantaisie
th_happy1.gif
Oh it does---how sweet it is. Onyx might have to be my very next one!!!
Hmmm, interesting. I have both. It's snowing and cloud covered today so I may not be able to get a great shot but I will try to post a comparison soon :)

Latest posts