B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Moxy

Re: Back 2 MAC information - Please read before posting questions about B2M

Last week I've been to MAC counter on Stansted airport in Duty world free area and the MA told me they don't do back2mac there and said they only do it in free standing stores. When I told her I know for a fact that various counters in UK do it, she just shrugged.
Is turning in empties by mail in UK also possible, or can you do that only in US?

BlahWah

Slighty OT but why is this thread in Recs and not MAC Chat? I thought I was in the wrong forum for a minute!

anjecakes

I wasn't going to read through 37 pages, but if is wasn't already mentioned, a MUA told me yesterday that refill pans are acceptable for B2M. Awesome to me!

mac*lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjecakes
I wasn't going to read through 37 pages, but if is wasn't already mentioned, a MUA told me yesterday that refill pans are acceptable for B2M. Awesome to me!

do you just take the empty medal pan back ?? or how?? please can you explain it to me

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac*lover
do you just take the empty medal pan back ?? or how?? please can you explain it to me

yes, you take it in. only the pro refills tho, not the ones you depot.

mac*lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

OMG
th_DANCE.gif
i did not know that , thank you sooooo much
yahoo.gif

mac*lover

Quote:

i just came back from my pro store and i asked them if they take the pro pans for b2 mac but she said NO only the ones with pot
ssad.gif
do they do it deferents from store to store ?? did any one actually took them back ??? if there is any one how did please let me know .

erine1881

Quote:
i just came back from my pro store and i asked them if they take the pro pans for b2 mac but she said NO only the ones with pot
ssad.gif
do they do it deferents from store to store ?? did any one actually took them back ??? if there is any one how did please let me know .

it doesn't say b2m on the packaging, but the program says any glass, metal or plastic primary packaging, so we take it, cause with the refill pan, the metal is the primary packaging.
th_dunno.gif

mac*lover

Quote:
it doesn't say b2m on the packaging, but the program says any glass, metal or plastic primary packaging, so we take it, cause with the refill pan, the metal is the primary packaging.
th_dunno.gif

do you do that at macys ?, because i have one close to my home and i could try there ??

erine1881

Quote:
do you do that at macys ?, because i have one close to my home and i could try there ??

yeppers. i work at macys at we take em even tho we don't sell em.

mac*lover

Quote:
yeppers. i work at macys at we take em even tho we don't sell em.

thank you soooooo much for answering my Q
winkiss.gif
i will try macys for sure
winks.gif

erine1881

Quote:
thank you soooooo much for answering my Q
winkiss.gif
i will try macys for sure
winks.gif

you're very welcome!

glam8babe

can you B2M cremestick liner packaging (and similar such as the brow liner and technakohl liner?)

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
can you B2M cremestick liner packaging (and similar such as the brow liner and technakohl liner?)

yes.gif
yes.gif

entyce08

I heard somewhere that you can recive either a l/s or an e/s for your 6 b2m returns???? anyone know if that's true????

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by entyce08
I heard somewhere that you can recive either a l/s or an e/s for your 6 b2m returns???? anyone know if that's true????

or a lipgloss, but at mac freestanding stores only. and only if you have your name and address entered into their database.

Millgrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe

I was told at my local counter (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK) that they won't take some of the older automatic brow liners for back2Mac because of the composition (the mix of things it was made of), but that all of the new formats are accepted.

I have been told different things at different counters too. So if one won't accept something, it's worth trying elsewhere. Like Fasers in Metrocentre (Gateshead) would only give standard range lippy and unboxed, but Newcastle will give you standard or L.E. lippy and you get the box too. Both these counters are concessions, there is no free standing Mac store any where near me. I was told the free standing stores are more flexible but haven't had a chance to try this.

Think it depends on who you get at the time as much as anything...

th_dunno.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millgrove
I was told at my local counter (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK) that they won't take some of the older automatic brow liners for back2Mac because of the composition (the mix of things it was made of), but that all of the new formats are accepted.
th_dunno.gif

sorry to say, that's a bunch of BS. you can b2m any glass, metal or plastic, regardless of how old it is.

Shanael

Quote:
or a lipgloss, but at mac freestanding stores only. and only if you have your name and address entered into their database.

How do you know if your name is in their database? Is it a specific stores database, or just MAC in general (through the website)..
th_confused_new.gif

If it's the first case, does that mean you can't just go to a counter that you've never been to before and exchange empties for something?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanael
How do you know if your name is in their database? Is it a specific stores database, or just MAC in general (through the website)..
th_confused_new.gif

If it's the first case, does that mean you can't just go to a counter that you've never been to before and exchange empties for something?

you know its in there cause you tell them your info. its only a mac store database. its not online or at counters.

you can b2m anywhere. giving them your info at stores allows you the choice of a lipstick, gloss or shadow as your freebie, instead of just a lipstick. if you don't give them your info, you can only get a lipstick. at counters, its only a lipstick. you don't have the option of the other two choices.

Latest posts