B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Shanael

Carousel Mall in Syracuse, NY

Does anyone know if the MAC counter in Macy's at the Carousel Mall takes depotted empties for B2M? I'm from much further upstate and don't live anywhere near a MAC counter/store so I want to take advantage of the B2M program if I can, but if they don't take depotted empties then I don't want to even bother bringing them with me and wasting space in my suitcase :]

MAC_mallory

Re: Back 2 MAC information - Please read before posting questions about B2M

what about the cardboard tube type thing that held the (antiquitease-I think?)glitter eye pencils from the last holiday collection? I'm guessing that's the same as trying to b2m a cardboard box, right?

Shanael

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
you know its in there cause you tell them your info. its only a mac store database. its not online or at counters.

you can b2m anywhere. giving them your info at stores allows you the choice of a lipstick, gloss or shadow as your freebie, instead of just a lipstick. if you don't give them your info, you can only get a lipstick. at counters, its only a lipstick. you don't have the option of the other two choices.

Oh, so it doesn't really matter then. Not like I'd refuse if they wanted it, though.

Now I just have to call the counter at the Macy's I'll be going to and hope they take panless empties haha.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_mallory
what about the cardboard tube type thing that held the (antiquitease-I think?)glitter eye pencils from the last holiday collection? I'm guessing that's the same as trying to b2m a cardboard box, right?

right. its glass, metal or plastic only. and just so ya know, if you wanna b2m the holiday lipglasses or pigment vials, you've gotta b2m all five at the same time, and those five only count as 1 b2m item.

Shanael

Can you use the empty pigment jars bought at Pro stores for b2m? I think I have one that someone sold me a pigment in, but its nearly empty now.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanael
Can you use the empty pigment jars bought at Pro stores for b2m? I think I have one that someone sold me a pigment in, but its nearly empty now.

yeppers. its plastic, so it counts. the only plastic that doesn't count are the little jars accessories, like the sifter jars, stackables, travel bottles, etc.

yumemiru

back to mac program question

i thought it was 5 empty cases you had to bring it back to get a free lipstick? did they change it to 6?

M.A.C. head.

Re: back to mac program question

To my knowledge, it's always been 6.

But I could be wrong, that's just what I've always experienced.

MACGoddess

Re: back to mac program question

Always and forever has been 6 since the inception of the program. Never was any different.

meaghanb2926

MAC B2M No Longer Accepting Depotted E/S?!?!

I went to my local freestanding MAC counter today to exchange some empty depotted eyeshadows when the MA there told me that as of a month ago MAC has announced that they are no longer accepting these as part of the B2M. You now apparently have to have the empty pan included with the plastic casing.

Has anyone else heard about this??!?? I am super bummed as I just depotted 90 shadows and now cant exchange them!!
ssad.gif

panda0410

Re: MAC B2M No Longer Accepting Depotted E/S?!?!

This is asked a lot of times and I think basically the answer will depend on where you are located. The general concensus is that some stores will take back depots without the pans, while others wont. Just ask around and see if there is anywhere you can take them
smiles.gif

TDoll

^I agree.
My store doesn't even look at them. They just ask how many B2M's I'm doing, take the bag, and throw it in the little B2M trash-can thingy behind them.
However, some places are far more picky. I've heard this for a while now about them no longer accepting the depotted shadows, but I don't think it's anything that will ever be really enforced compay-wide. MAC stores aren't going to disappoint regulars who have a few depotted eye shadows to recycle when they've spent hundreds on other stuff...ahem...ME.
Don't throw them away. Save them and try other places.

FiestyFemme

I just did B2M a couple weeks ago, and I didn't have any problems. They don't even look at my empties, just quickly count them through the clear bag.

twilightessence

I asked at my (really now the only place I will ever buy MAC besides online LOL) MAC and the MA told me that it was no problem, they'd take (and did) the eyeshadow's without the pans. This was last Friday
greengrin.gif

MACATTAK

Like Panda says, it just depends on the location and the person. I was told no at my Mac counter, and this was about a year ago!!

meaghanb2926

How bizarre....my store told me that this was something that was only announced a month ago?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaghanb2926
How bizarre....my store told me that this was something that was only announced a month ago?

we never got any notice.
th_dunno.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we never got any notice.
th_dunno.gif

Maybe it was a regional thing set by the AM.