B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

ms.marymac

Re: MAC B2M No Longer Accepting Depotted E/S?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we never got any notice.
th_dunno.gif

Same. I just accepted some empty pots a few days ago...and might I say, that was some of the best depotting I have ever seen. Mine look like they got mangled by a wild animal.

greeneyes81

Re: Back 2 MAC information - Please read before posting questions about B2M

anyone have any insight on the NYC freestanding MAC store? i want to depot my eyeshadows and take the empties in for B2M but dunno if they are strict there or anything. PM me if you have any advice!! TIA!!

eye_pr0mise

ok, im sure this question has been asked before.
but i cant look through 25 pages for the answer.

does MAC take depotted eyeshadows?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_pr0mise
ok, im sure this question has been asked before.
but i cant look through 25 pages for the answer.

does MAC take depotted eyeshadows?

the pan, no. the pot itself, they are supposed to, but some locations won't. call your local counters and ask if they do or not.

supercelestine

Re: MAC B2M No Longer Accepting Depotted E/S?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightessence
I asked at my (really now the only place I will ever buy MAC besides online LOL) MAC and the MA told me that it was no problem, they'd take (and did) the eyeshadow's without the pans. This was last Friday
greengrin.gif

I live in San Diego, I'd love to know where I can go to exchange my empties. I went to fashion valley on Saturday to the free standing store and it was a "no".

euphrosyne_rose

B2M Pro Pans/Pots

Hey guys! Here's a question. Does the B2M program include empty pro pans? My cat seems to have a fascination with my makeup bag and when I went into the bathroom earlier, I found my Amber Lights (in the regular pot) and Phloof pro pan on the floor, cracked and coming apart. I was able to save most of the Amber Lights by putting it in a screw top sample jar, but the Phloof was just pulverized. (Max is going to be disappointed; I plan on keeping my makeup bag zipped up from now on). Will they also take the regular pot without the pan in it? The Amber Lights somehow depotted itself when it hit the floor. Too bad I didn't have the chance to just put it in one of my palettes!

TIA!!!!

erine1881

Re: B2M Pro Pans/Pots

these questions are already asked and answered in the b2m thread. you need to read that thread before posting duplicate ones.

euphrosyne_rose

Re: B2M Pro Pans/Pots

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
these questions are already asked and answered in the b2m thread. you need to read that thread before posting duplicate ones.

Sorry! I happened to see it after I posted mine. My bad!!
th_loser.gif

concertina

I think I'm posting this in the right place...

Okay, so, I had tried to B2M a few Neo Sci-Fi eyeshadow pots and I was told at my local free-standing that they didn't accept *any* LE packaging!!

So I emailed MAC to ask for clarification and this is what I received:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C.

With regard to your inquiry, we regret that we do not have a collective list of packaging which is accepted at this time, due to variations depending on recycling in that area where you would like to make the packaging exchange. The Back to M.A.C program initially accepted only plastic containers. Now, some of our locations accept glass as well. Gift sets for color or skin care must always be complete and count as one return. Therefore, we suggest that all of our consumers contact your favorite M.A.C location directly to inquire what packaging materials are accepted at that specific location.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

So from what I gather, it is *entirely* at the stores discretion as to what they will accept.

Just thought that might help clear up some confusion!!

romi79_2008

I mailed to Mac some depotted eyeshadows with the printed page from btm where I wrote the shades that I wanted. There were no metallic pans in the pots, and they send me the lipsticks I asked for, it took about two months but I was very happy when I got them

RayannaBanana

Does anyone know if they take nail polish bottles or mechanical pencils back at all?

If you have 8 things do you get more than 1 lipstick?

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Does anyone know if they take nail polish bottles or mechanical pencils back at all?

If you have 8 things do you get more than 1 lipstick?

Yes, nail polish bottles count. As long as you can't sharpen the pencil, it can be taken back as well. If you have 8 things, then you can either get 1 lipstick at that time, or wait until you have 12 items (then you will receive 2 items). You have to have 6 containers/empties to receive anything.

RayannaBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Yes, nail polish bottles count. As long as you can't sharpen the pencil, it can be taken back as well. If you have 8 things, then you can either get 1 lipstick at that time, or wait until you have 12 items (then you will receive 2 items). You have to have 6 containers/empties to receive anything.

Ok thanks! I have about 12 containers now so that means I will receive 2 lipsticks.
smiles.gif
Thanks again!

I can't believe I threw out so many mechanical pencils!
ssad.gif

alwaysbella

question question - b2m

Im not sure if this goes here, oh well here it goes
I deppoted 15 eyeshadows and ran out of my studio fix powder too. Now the question is : what can i get with this? are there certain items that i can only choose from, and can this be use to get items from new collections too? What's the quantity form each B2M? -you know i give so that can get the free one- I read the B2M thread but it doesnt answer my question and if it does i missed it. So, if you know this plz let me know....this is first time so bear with me.
winks.gif

erine1881

Re: question question

according to policy, the only exceptions for your freebie are the VG products, and that all primary packaging counts as an empty, however, not all locations accept depotted cases or let you get LE or special packaging as your freebie. you should call your nearest location and see what they accept.

it depends on where you take your empties. you need to bring in 6 empties to get your free item. if you take them to a counter, you only get a lipstick or slimshine (or mattene when available). if you take them to a freestanding store, you can choose a lipstick, shadow or lipgloss, but only if you have your personal info entered into their computer system.

couturesista

So I went to my fav freestanding store in Columbia,Md to do a B2M and some of the new collection. Ok here's the new update straight from the managers mouth.

1. They no longer accept the containers without the pans. You have to have the pans. " Because ur getting a free item its only fair that you show the entire empty container."

2. You cannot B2Mur free e/s or l/s for another B2M purchase. They mark the bottom of the freebie so they know if you try to return it. " This is a free gift so it really shouldn't be returned for another."

3. The Manager had a load of questions about "depotting". She had no clue how to do it or what "depotting " meant. She said she had alot of customers come in and say " oh I learned it from you tube and spektra". Get this, she has never been on youtube and didn't kno wthis whole makeup community existed. She and I chit chatted for at least 30 mins about YT and Spektra and the genius of the online makeup community.

So, long story short I had to pay for my 3 e/s from the collection. I wasn't upset because she was really nice and she helped with the new collection and she gave me 5 samples of different pigments and a nice size sample of Moisturelush, I was running low, I didn't have enough cash for that, seeing as though I went to the CCO before to the store. That sorta made up for the loss of the free e/s. Can't have it all!

exoticarbcqen

can you get one of the electroflash mineral eyeshadows as one of your free B2M items?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
can you get one of the electroflash mineral eyeshadows as one of your free B2M items?

nope. just the regular pot shadows.

mmitsjojo

im a bit confused, what if i have 5 empty eyeshadow and 1 empty brush cleaner, can i still b2m it for an eyeshadow? thanks!

skittishkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitsjojo
im a bit confused, what if i have 5 empty eyeshadow and 1 empty brush cleaner, can i still b2m it for an eyeshadow? thanks!

Yes.. But not all mac counters. I think Mac Freestanding store will let you exchange it with Eye Shadow.

If you want to know more, just live chat with CS online. They will explain everything.