B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

damsel

Re: Back 2 MAC information - Please read before posting questions about B2M

enkore posted a video just now stating that mac has changed their back to mac policy in the last few months or so. the most far reaching change is that they will not be accepting depotted e/s or blushes anymore. will all stores abide by this new rule? or will things remain the same [w/ some stores accepting + some not]? is there cause for concern?

just a few weeks ago i b2m depotted e/s at the ny pro store
th_dunno.gif

the video also contains other policy changes:
YouTube - Back2Mac Policy Update

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
2. You cannot B2Mur free e/s or l/s for another B2M purchase. They mark the bottom of the freebie so they know if you try to return it. " This is a free gift so it really shouldn't be returned for another."

you can b2m your free item when you're done with it. they mark it so that you can't return/exchange it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
enkore posted a video just now stating that mac has changed their back to mac policy in the last few months or so. the most far reaching change is that they will not be accepting depotted e/s or blushes anymore. will all stores abide by this new rule? or will things remain the same [w/ some stores accepting + some not]? is there cause for concern?

we haven't gotten anything stating a new b2m policy. all of what he said, with the exception of the "no depots allowed" has been the policy at my counter. we've always taken the wipes, lash cases, pro refill pans, etc. i gave a bunch of depotted empties to my brother's girlfriend and she b2m'd them this past saturday, so if this is the new rule, that store didn't recieve the memo either.
th_dunno.gif

skittishkitty

Today, I Live chat with customer service and 2 of them said mac should accept even the depoted ones!!! I'm freaking confuse.. make up your mind. MAC!
th_dunno.gif

eye_pr0mise

this sucks i depotted my eyeshadows and i threw away that black plastic part that holds the pan. and i put the pan inside my palette.

just to be clear, that means i can no longer B2M those pots right?

clotheswhore

I'm so confused! Because I also just saw Enkore's video on the new Back2Mac policy. But, I just exchanged 18 empties (17 depotted e/s + 1 mascara) for 3 new items this weekend and the MA didn't give me a hard time. I guess it depends on the store?
th_dunno.gif

peachygoldfish

i saw enkore's video too and he stated we needed the metal pans in the pot. does anyone know if this is really true? i just talked to a person on live chat at the mac site and she said i didnt need the pan for the b2m but they now accept pro pans with the original label and magnet.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygoldfish
i saw enkore's video too and he stated we needed the metal pans in the pot. does anyone know if this is really true? i just talked to a person on live chat at the mac site and she said i didnt need the pan for the b2m but they now accept pro pans with the original label and magnet.

It's most likely going to depend on the location & the person. You can always call ahead to see if the store you want to take them to will accept them without the pans.

eye_pr0mise

if you mail it in will they still accept it without the pan?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_pr0mise
if you mail it in will they still accept it without the pan?

yes.gif
, but you can only get a lipstick as your freebie.

imperfectbeauty

i b2m depotted pots today with no problem at my freestanding store so i think that may not be the policy everywhere....it's kind of confusing and misleading to a lot of people though when we get different info from so many different sources. i do think that the policy isn't changing though...that was the impression that i got from the MA at the store i went to.

jennyfee

Back 2 MAC

Hey everyone, can anyone enlighten me about Back 2 MAC? I have no idea what it is!!
Thanks a lot!!
th_DANCE.gif

ms_bloom

Will eyeshadow pots with the metal pan but without the label on the bottom (with the name of the eyeshadow) be accepted for B2M? I.e., if I depot and then replace the pan with an empty, but also steam off the label to put on my eyeshadow pan.

Also, specifically for Australia: will MAC counters (Myer, DJs) accept empty Pro Pans for B2M? Or will I need to send these back to a Pro store or head office? Thanks!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
Will eyeshadow pots with the metal pan but without the label on the bottom (with the name of the eyeshadow) be accepted for B2M? I.e., if I depot and then replace the pan with an empty, but also steam off the label to put on my eyeshadow pan.

yes.gif

ksaelee

i just went through my junk pile and found my mac boxes...(i kept some and threw some away
ssad.gif
...)..on the inside tabs, it says back 2 mac on them, so why does the rules say you can't b2m the boxes?

BrowneyedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
can you get one of the electroflash mineral eyeshadows as one of your free B2M items?

I think it depends on the store, I did!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaelee
i just went through my junk pile and found my mac boxes...(i kept some and threw some away
ssad.gif
...)..on the inside tabs, it says back 2 mac on them, so why does the rules say you can't b2m the boxes?

that just lets you know what products can be b2m'd.

just imagine how many boxes people would be bringing in to b2m if you could. they'd return stuff without the boxes and keep em to b2m. that, and collecting boxes from everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowneyedBeauty
I think it depends on the store, I did!

that's interesting, seeing as how the rules specifically state that MES are excluded.

Care

are eyepencils accepted for B2M? I remember seeing the log on their box but i've heard that they are not accepted. Anyone have clarification?