B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

mandirigma

6 empties = 1 lipstick.

you have enough for two! set aside the other three until you have more empties =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
I put all my eyeshadows into a pallette and I dont know what to do with the empty pots I have like 15 of them, I heard you can turn them in for the AIDs foundation right? and you get a free l/s is that true?

aziajs

I always wondered....why is B2M only good for free lipstick? Why can't you get a lipglass or eyeshadow? Will it change eventually?

leppy

I doubt they will change it. If it wasn't something so expected by MAC customers already it might have even disappeared when EL bought MAC.

This always comes out bitchy but I don't mean it that way believe me, but I think we should really just be happy that we can get anything free at all for recycling stuff! I hate to see people complain about the options.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I always wondered....why is B2M only good for free lipstick? Why can't you get a lipglass or eyeshadow? Will it change eventually?

I know, I'm more of an eyeshadow person and i wish i could a shadow instead of lipstick! Its even cheaper. But o well. I'm just glad MAC offers this program b/c other companies do not.

shabdebaz

I learned in basic training yesterday that the reason they give a lipstick for 6 empties for the B2M as opposed to something else is that they want to pay tribute to their original product, or the product that made them "famous" -- their lipstick. I know that sounds kinda weird, but that's what they said. I thought that it had something to do with the actual cost of making the lipstick, like maybe it was cheaper than another product.

amillion

Well I am not complaining but I don't even wear lipstick so B2Mac doesnt even benefit me in the first place. I always either end up giving away my empties or getting a lipstick for a friend.

bring_the_rukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amillion
Well I am not complaining but I don't even wear lipstick so B2Mac doesnt even benefit me in the first place. I always either end up giving away my empties or getting a lipstick for a friend.

you can always get a popular lipstick or something from a new collection and then swap it on MUA or LJ for something more your taste.

kristabella

do pigment vials qualify for B2M?

as above
smiles.gif

bluegrassbabe

My Macy's counter has taken the mini's for me before. I have used the pigment vials, and a mini lipglass more than once, and they always accepted it. It may vary by location, or the discretion of the SA.

giz2000

Usually, you have to have full-size packaging to qualify for the B2m, but I guess it depends on the counter....

The Kitten

Officially, mini sized and holiday sets do not qualify for b2m (even if you bring in all of the mini's to complete a whole set) However, b/c of the confusion, some staff may not know this and take back the mini's by mistake. If you have mini's to recycle you can still bring them in to recycle even though you can't use it towards the free lipstick...afterall it's about supporting recycling
smiles.gif