Ben Nye Makeup

a914butterfly

i just bought a few eye products (shadows, liners, and 1 lipstick). i will let you know when i receive it and what i think about it. why is it everytime i check out one of these websites listed in sprecktra i wind up buying more makeup? lol) i'm a makeup junkie - they should have something for us like alcoholics have AA!!

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
i just bought a few eye products (shadows, liners, and 1 lipstick). i will let you know when i receive it and what i think about it. why is it everytime i check out one of these websites listed in sprecktra i wind up buying more makeup? lol) i'm a makeup junkie - they should have something for us like alcoholics have AA!!

haha i know, right? i know i need help for sure, and i doubt we're the only ones!

RicanPrincipessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
http://www.stagesupply.com - Has anybody ever ordered from this site? The store I usually go to doesn't have the Lumiere Luxe Powders I'm looking for. On that note, are there any other reputable websites you can order Ben Nye from?

P.S. Does anybody have anything good to say about the Lumiere Luxe Powders? Pigmentation, what colors to get, etc.?

TIA! :thumbsup:

THANX SOOO MUCH! I LOOOOVE THAT SITE!
wavey.gif

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicanPrincipessa
THANX SOOO MUCH! I LOOOOVE THAT SITE!
wavey.gif

ricanprincipessa, have you ordered from there? what was your experience with them like? they have a lot of stuff but i have never ordered from them before. =/ i was just wondering how fast their shipping was and stuff.

ikapela511

Hey Dolls!!!! Just wanted to know if anyone here has ever used the Ben Nye eyeshadows?...I think they are called "lumineres" (or i think that's how you spell it) i heard that they are really vibrant in color. Also, what about the line NYX?..they have some pretty cool colors but are they vibrant enough?...Thanks a bunch for the advice/tips!!
smiles.gif

mandirigma

i've tried the ben nye lumiere grande colours and they're awesome. they're pretty big too and they're still cheaper than mac colors. the pearl sheen eyeshadows are fabulous too.

ikapela511

oh so awesome girl!! thanks!!! MAC is getting so expensive since i pay retail price...and i need some good quality eyeshodows but at a more affordable price.....

MayaMoon

Heya,

i own quite some Ben Nye ES. Normal ones as well as lumieres. I love them
th_worship.gif

First time I used them was at a seminar from my former employer - a local tv-station. I tried them for a TV Make up and it looked absolutely stunning.

Unfortunetaly i have only one source here in Germany to get them. only via internet. Otherwise I'd have some foundations or lipsticks, too. But they are double price than in the United states plus shipping.
th_confused_new.gif

The eyeliner is veeery good as well.

hope it helped
cu
mayamoon

michy_mimi

The best eyeshadow at an affordable price is Milani...hands down! At least in my opinion.

I tried NYX but some of the colors just aren't pigmented enough for my tastes and they wear off easily even with a primer.

Milani are only 2.99 a piece and they are the same size as MAC eyeshadows so they go in palettes nicely. Some colors I reccomend are Clover, Shock, Java Bean, Flare, Illusion, Taffy and Peachy Peach.

ikapela511

you Dolls ALL rock!!!.....i'm feel like i'm WAY behind when i check out everybody's train cases...and unfortunately i dont get a discount at the MAC stores/counters cuz i'm not a pro. SO i am limited to quantity of MAC e/s i can purchase. I will def. check out Milani and Ben Nye e/s. THANKS a bunch luvs!!!!

P.S.....do you know if Milani and Ben nye also carry pigments?...and are they of good quality?....if they don't, what's a good line that's super affordable for the pigements..

stockham

pigment wise i think tha tyou should just go for samples really! they last a super long time and you can build up a collection of many different colours without having to tie yourself down to a few full sizes!

michy_mimi

I agree with stockham. Buy pigment samples from MAC. They will last you forever.

And if you want to try out Milani...in the states they carry this line at some CVS and Walgreens. And at Ulta. Or you can go to there website

www.milanicosmetics.com

smiles.gif

ikapela511

oh cool..so i can actually go up to one of the MA's a the MAC counter and ask for samples of certain pigment colors?....
i'm a little sacred ONLY cuz the MA's at the Macy's i go to are a bit snobby. I was the ONLY customer there standing and waiting for help and they totally just stood around the counter talking about what they are going to do that night....and one of them actually came close to me to get something UNDER the counter and didnt even look up to acknowlege me...BUT ANYWAYS.....so if i ask for the samples they SHOULD be able to give it to me....

i know i know...i'm a novice at this..sorry...
th_confused_new.gif

hennagirl

Ben Nye the makeup guy!

I love lumiere shadows!

I;m also fond of Kryolan Aquacolors -- Kryolan is also a theater makeup company and the Aquacolors are kind of like fluidline -- pigment mixed with glycerin (et al) -- smooth application, long-wearing and gorgeous selection of colors!

Places that sell theater make-up are good sources for Ben Nye and Kryolan. We have a clown shop in town and that's where I shop...but I'm sure you can find some great places online.

Femme Noir

I love Ben Nye Eyeshadows. They have an eyeshadow called "Peacock" I believe and it looks exactly like Parrot. I also love Amethyst, it's the prettiest purple

martygreene

Ben Nye does sell loose versions of the lumiere colors, but these are not intended to be used alone loose, and have little color payoff if not used with a mixing medium of some sort.

Ben Nye products are great, just be aware that many of their colors can be staining to both skin and clothing. Ben Nye is a theatrical makeup company, and thus many of their pigments and dyes are stronger than those you will generally find in street makeup.

Ms. Z

No I don't think you can just go ask for samples. I was given one once after I got a makeover (with my favorite MUA, who no longer works for MAC
weeping.gif
)

I'm in NY and have come accross many snobbish counter people, especially at Macy's. I will not buy from someone who is bitchy, in a matter fact one of them lost me as a client because she was rude on the phone when I spoke with her during the release of Sweetie Cakes. Don't they work on commision? The why I see, its their loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikapela511
oh cool..so i can actually go up to one of the MA's a the MAC counter and ask for samples of certain pigment colors?....
i'm a little sacred ONLY cuz the MA's at the Macy's i go to are a bit snobby. I was the ONLY customer there standing and waiting for help and they totally just stood around the counter talking about what they are going to do that night....and one of them actually came close to me to get something UNDER the counter and didnt even look up to acknowlege me...BUT ANYWAYS.....so if i ask for the samples they SHOULD be able to give it to me....

i know i know...i'm a novice at this..sorry...
th_confused_new.gif