Best colour e/s for Hazel eyes

Honey B. Fly

Re: How do I pull off blue eyeshadow

i think a super shimmery icey or baby blue can always work. i love it alone allover the lid with liquid liner/mascara and some bronzer/pink lips, it looks really fresh and cute.

Amaranth

I really like Tilt eyeshadow, it's like a denim sort of blue and I find it looks good on a lot of people. It's my "everyday" blue, since it's not that crazy but still allows me to wear blue.

KimmyAnn_678

I have Hazel eyes as well and the only blue I can pull off is Lancome's The New Blue (used in a smokey look) or blue/aqua/turquoise used as a liner along my lash line. So far no one has ever has ever been able to use a blue e/s on me and have it look nice LOL.

Beauty Mark

What kind of blues do you want to wear? I find dark blues work on most people.

I'm not sure what problems you're facing with blues, but I would also make sure the rest of your face is fairly simple if you're wearing a bright blue

FiestyFemme

I have hazel eyes, and I just had to play around with blues. I like a light blue on the lid (like Moon's Reflection or Azrael Blue) with a dark blue in the crease and outer corners (Flashtrack). That's a super easy way for me to wear blues, and it's not overwhelming with my eye color.

zucker

i also have hazel eyes, and wear blues the most. i have cool toned fair skin, dark brown hair. hm, dont know why blues doesnt work for you.
perhaps really good blending and a thicker liner helps..

GlamYOURUs

Apply Brown Script e/s or Beautyburst e/s (Barbie) ABOVE the crease. The combo is so pretty!

Example:
42bd12c7.jpg

mreichert

I have Hazel eyes also, and blue was the hardest color for me to work with! Start off with Contrast (a nice dark blue)- put on the outer V with whatever color you want on the lid. Then, blend the crease out with something neutral like Wedge to tone it down.

dragonflie

Thanks for all the help! I got a few looks that I think work. I tried a really pale blue on the lid with a bit of pink on the inner corner. Then I put a tiny bit of a bright blue on the outer corner. I thought it looked good.

I think my issue was just trying to use too much blue- without balancing it. Thanks again!

j_absinthe

Dark denim blues I find work on most people, regardless of eye color. I've got hazel green eyes that change from time to time depending on different variables, and I generally find blues don't work on me in any respect unless they're really dark navys or whathaveyou.

I think what's important for you is to choose a blue that plays up whichever prominent color is in your eyes-because Hazel can be a complex color, sometimes more green than brown, sometimes the other way around. If you got more brown hazel, go for truer blues; if you're more green, go for deeper sea and naval blues.

Though I love me some Electric Eel by MAC, but that's good for when I feel saucy.

grr. i feel your pain. i'm nc37 skin, black hair, and hazel eyes. Blues are terrible! I have electric eel and cool heat, which I rarely use. Cool Heat I can usually pull off with another color, but electric eel and i still fight. i love it though, so i usually end up just lining my lower lashes with it or something just so i don't feel like i wasted money by buying it, lol. it was one of the first shadows to draw me to mac so when i finally got it.. i was so excited, but very disappointed when i tried to wear it, lol. oh, and i'm absolutely dying dying dying for shimmermoss. i tested it in the store and i loved it on my skin color, but hated it against my eyes. oh, the woes of being dark skined, hazel eyed
ssad.gif

Tinkee-Belle

I have hazel eyes too and find blues tricky to pull off. I find that i can pull blue off if I wear ONE shade of blue and then the rest neutrals. For example woodwinked with deep truth in the crease or azreal blue with carbon. I do the same with greenyblues as well like shimmermoss.

simplyenchantin

Eyeshadow recommendations please..

Hi everyone!

I'm an NW20 in studio fix liquid foundation, i have hazel eyes and dark brown hair, often with red tips in it and i was wondering if someone could recommend some green type colours of eyeshadows that wont be too bright looking.. otherwise it might clash with the red in my hair lol!

Oh and how to apply them aswell..

(I do like aqua type colours too)

Thanks everyone <3

emeraldjewels

Re: Eyeshadow recommendations please..

Have you tried aquadisiac (aqua) and swimming (green) these are 2 of my favourite shadows.

I like to do a look with both of these and parfait armour (purple). Each applied to one third of the lid, A first, then S and then PA on the outer third, blended really well with the 217, using shroom or nylon as a highlight.

HTH

simplyenchantin

Thanks so much! So funny you mention parfait amour, I just bought that and trax this weekend! I'll have to try out those others soon.
smiles.gif

hawaii02

I also recommend Juxt and Parrot. My green look is is Juxt, Swimming and Coppering(to line). I use Parrot with Evening Aura or a pink or purple.

foxyqt

teals would also look nice like Shimmermoss and Steamy
smiles.gif

Latest posts