Best colour e/s for Hazel eyes

medusalox

Re: Purple E/S for NC-20

I'm technically NW15 right now, but I dabble in the NW/NC20 shades in the summer.

So, Violet pigment is good, but I find it to be a pain in the ass. As in, I need to pack a LOT of it on to make it show up. I also like Parfait Amour, but it looks similar to Violet pigment, and for me, has the same 'need to cram as much as I can on to make it show up' problem.

I like Nocturnelle and Trax for darker, plummy purple shades
smiles.gif
Entremauve pigment, too.

Mancatcher is nice, but it's more of a light pinky purple.

I've been long on the hunt for the perfect purple shade. I'm starting to think that maybe I'm color-blind to purple shades, since I can't seem to get anything to really work!

Dude, sorry I rambled on so long, I hope some of that up there helps a bit!

lara2601

your favs eye shadows for hazel eyes?

Hello!

What would you recommend to a girl who has hazel eyes (I have posted a pic of me if this can help you). For the moment I have humid, grain, contrast, carbon and the pigment "chocolate brown". But I would like to buy some other colours to complete my collection. I like many colours and it's so difficult too choose! Thank you for your answers!!

flower.gif

iluvmac

Re: your favs eye shadows for hazel eyes?

I don't know where to start... Bronze, Mulch, Amber Lights, Expensive Pink, Greensmoke e/s. Rushmetal, Melon, Coppersparkle pigments... Just a few ideas.
(NW 20, brown hair, hazel eyes)

lara2601

Hello Iluvmac! Greensmoke is a good idea because I love green colours. I think they suit perfectly to hazel eyes. Somptuous olive is also a beautiful one and it looks like greensmoke a lot don't you think?

MACATTAK

Old gold, or green brown pigment would look hot on hazel eyes!

iluvmac

I agree with you, Lara, Somptuous Olive is a nice color. I like Night Light and Emerald Green pigment too, if you like greens.

Kisbee

I have hazel eyes but I can't wear browns!

I love:
Vex
Idol Eyes
Club (for contouring)
Knight Devine

Hilly

I have green/hazel eyes and I rock purples and blues and greens!

lara2601

Ok girls! Thank you for your answers. I am going to Mac next saturday and for the moment I've decided to buy :
-somptuous olive
-club
-night light pigment
-smoke signal pigment
-black tied
-steamy (perhaps)
-aquadisiac or surreal or shimermoss

Hilly, which purple shadows do you recommend me? Cause I like those colours but I don't know what to choose.

Hilly

I like the purple one from Smoke Signals right now. Also violet pigment (looks sooooo hot) and stars and rockets.

You'll like the textures
thmbup.gif

nelkie

which mac eyeshadow for brown/hazel eyes?

Hi everyone,

I have dark blond hair, brown eyes and NW15/20 skin. I don't like green/blue eyeshadows. (well maybe I have to try, but I just don't like this kind of colors)

Do you guys have some recommendations for other mac eyeshadow colors which would suit me?

knoxydoll

Re: which mac eyeshadow for brown/hazel eyes?

Blues, purples and pinks.

I won't suggest any blues since you said you don't like them but here are my suggestions : Nocturnelle, Neutral Pink, Sushi Flower, Stars N' Rockets, Cranberry, Sketch.

nunu

I agree with the above however blues and greens go with brown eyes.
Pinks, purples and browns suit brown eyes as well.

Kristal

If you decide to give green another try i recommend:
Juxt
Humid
Swimming
Green smoke

If you decide to give blues another try:
Deep truth
Aquadisiac
Freshwater

Other shadows i think would look great are:
Bronze
Cranberry
Gorgeous gold
Old gold-pigment

HTH!

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelkie
Hi everyone,

I have dark blond hair, brown eyes and NW15/20 skin. I don't like green/blue eyeshadows. (well maybe I have to try, but I just don't like this kind of colors)

Do you guys have some recommendations for other mac eyeshadow colors which would suit me?

purples!!! i have brown hair and brown eyes and purples make my brown eyes pop! my favorite purple is satellite dreams and my second one is nocturnelle. beautiful iris is pretty too (a light lavendar color) but some people don't like it because they find it chalky, so i would try it out in person first before buying it. i can maybe do some swatches for you tonight of those purples if you like
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

Purples are definitely a go - Satellite Dreams, Nocturnelle, Trax...

Greens - give it another go!!! You don't have to do it over the top green either. Humid is my all-time FAVE shadow. Its a gorgeous deep green color.

Bronzes/Browns - Bronze, Mulch, Woodwinked

LMcConnell18

i have brown eyes... darker brown eyes... and ive used to wonder the same thing.

i used to ask all the mac MA's what colors for brown eyes... and they would also say...

"Lucky! brown eyes can wear ANYTHING!"

and its true.

any color that you think looks pretty... will work on you. the problem ive found is applying it//blending so that it looks right on me.

but i have to admit, purples do look nice on brown eyes... i think thats one of the more flattering colors for us.

but im not much of a purple girl...

i LOVE!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! cranberry!!

i blend cranberry, retro-spek, and goldmine alllllll the time.

i would definately recommend it to you.
=]
hope it helped!
th_DANCE.gif

Sumptuous Olive and Greensmoke for greens. Sketch and Trax (you'll either love it or hate it) for purples. I really like Prunella eye kohl, which is a dark black/purple, as well. Woodwinked is good one too.