Best kabuki brush - recommendations

KellyBean

I got my Coastal Scents buffer brush. It's absolutely amazing; I'm definitely going to use more mineral foundation in the future.

yodagirl

I absolutley LOVE the Adesign Flat Top Kabuki! Its not flimsy like some of my other face brushes and is super soft...It applies my powder foundation beautifully
smiles.gif

bulldog80

I just bought the MAC 180 Kabuki brush, I LOVE IT!!! I buy everything MAC and refuse to try the others. But, I don't have a problem with shedding whatsoever, it applies my liquid foundation like a dream!!

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
I absolutley LOVE the Adesign Flat Top Kabuki! Its not flimsy like some of my other face brushes and is super soft...It applies my powder foundation beautifully
smiles.gif

oooh... I've seen those in my local store... their synthetic brushes are primo... been eyeing their flat top foundation brush

AmandDUR

be kabukis are god awful.

too faced makes a wonderfully soft retractable kabuki. and its synthetic, so it will last a lot longer. and its PINK.

KellyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBean
I got my Coastal Scents buffer brush. It's absolutely amazing; I'm definitely going to use more mineral foundation in the future.

I recieved my Alima mineral samples today (shipping was only 2 days!
thmbup.gif
) and it applied the foundation flawlessly! I'm very impressed. It's better than my Sephora bronzer brush.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBean

which one did you get ,I ordered one as well. I think it was called the deluxe it has a flat top and a short handle.

Lucenah

Re: Kabuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
lol reading all your comments after mine makes me think maybe i should reconsider my kabuki..too bad QUO at shoppers drug mart doesn't make them
ssad.gif

Ya, Quo has a pretty extensive brush collection for what it is, all they're missing is a kabuki.

Though, I work at Shoppers, and I was putting up price labels today, and I ran into one that said "Quo Kabuki" for $20 (I think? Or was it $22. I don't really remember at all). Anyways, I couldn't find it, and there's nothing about it on the website either... but why have a price label for it?

I think I'm going to ask a cosmetician about it, and if they actually do exist I'm def going to run and test them out!!
yes.gif

j_absinthe

The only kabuki I've tried is one by Japonesque, and it's ok, but it's a pain in the arse to clean. I would love to try the new kabuki that MUFE put out with its HD collection, that thing was so damn soft!

KellyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
which one did you get ,I ordered one as well. I think it was called the deluxe it has a flat top and a short handle.

Sorry for the late response.

I have the Italian Badger one. I have a friend with the deluxe one as well and she said she liked it.

MAHALO

I love my MAC kabuki. But if you want a low price kabuki until your budget allows the MAC brush, try the ECOTOOLS travel size mineral brush set ($10- $14). I really like the small size and softness of the mini kabuki that comes with the set. The other brushes in the set are nice and worthwhile too. You can purchase it at Target or AMAZON.COM. The baby kabuki lacks density but is good for finishing powders that don't require a lot of vigorous buffing.

BTW ... I dislike the BE kabuki. It's a bit rough on the face.

UPDATE ... Everyday Minerals flat top brush is wonderful. It's soft, dense and very afforable

lumiere

I LOVE too faced's portable kabuki brush..it's so soft, I could really just sit and run it over my face all day, lol~ and it has such cute packaging.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumiere
I LOVE too faced's portable kabuki brush..it's so soft, I could really just sit and run it over my face all day, lol~ and it has such cute packaging.
thmbup.gif

ya i love the packaging also ... but for mineral application i prefer flat top type... for me it makes the application so much easier and more even.. i am using smashbox flat top brush ( the one from decadence vanity brush set ) the application is very nice i find it poke my face a bit so i am thinking of getting one from crownbrush

alka1

The best kabuki i've tried is the MAC 181 brush. It's soft and applies powder beautifully. It's also very portable
smiles.gif
and verryy soft.

My second favorite is the 182. I also really like MUFE's HD kabuki for applying liquid foundation.

EM's brushes are really soft, but I feel they're not the best at applying/blending powder. They seem to drag against the skin and it just doesn't feel like it's buffing in the powder properly.

gigiopolis

My favourite's the 182. Next in line would be the Ecotools retractable kabuki! It's more comparable to the 181 though, but it does a great job and it's super soft and cheap!

Latest posts