Best kabuki brush - recommendations

swt_int3ntions

Kabuki

Hey! I'm looking for a good quality kabuki brush to buff out my face
I have the Sephora brand one right now and it leaves bits of hair all over my face after and its so annoying!

the MAC one is a bit pricey for me so I was hoping for some recs of brushes that are moderately priced

any suggestions?

tia
thmbup.gif

CantAffordMAC

Re: Kabuki

seriously..i have the essence ofbeauty one. Its like 10 bucks at cvs, but i bought it on specktra for 6. Its big and fluffy and great. works just fine...

Amaranth

Does anyone know if MAC even still makes the 180 kabuki? I don't see it on the website anymore. I really like that brush, I know some people don't, but I find it works really well and I've never had any bristles come out.

Except that time where they ALL came out. Ahem. Easily fixed with krazy glue though...

GlamYOURUs

I heard that the Retractable one from Too Faced is the best after the 182. I have the 182 and I don't like it too much. It sheds a lot :\

Kuuipo

I hated the Bare Essentuals Kabuki. It sheds, its rough, it looks like shredded wheat. The Sephora Buffer Brush is better. The NARS Botan Brush (soft, thick, feels like the top of a cat's head) is the penultimate-expensive but worth it.

MEGCLARE

I bought the one off Coastal Scents.com
I havn't had it long so we will see if it holds up.
but it seems like it is a good quality brush.
no shedding so far

enjoybeingagirl

Stay away from the Bare Escentuals Kabuki! The full size and baby buki are soo scratchy. If you have sensitive skin stay far, far away from those two - over time they scratched my skin and made it super red and irritated.

The Smashbox 19 is excellent and soft and can be found on e-bay for a steal.

I got a cute buby kabuki in my Adesign mini brush set here -> adesign - Bags and Sets
You can find a full size kabuki that is SO gorgeous and soft here -> adesign - Face Brushes

tropical_smiles

lol reading all your comments after mine makes me think maybe i should reconsider my kabuki..too bad QUO at shoppers drug mart doesn't make them
ssad.gif

swt_int3ntions

hmm so many choices to look at haha
thanks so much for all your suggestions, I'm going to go do some shopping around for this since it would be such an investment
I heard the BE one is good though..

MiCHiE

The Too Faced Kabuki is too soft to stand up to the 182. I bought it for looks because there's no way it would apply powder like my 182. The bristles damn near collapse on your face.

Simply Elegant

I've tried a few but the 182 really works the best for me.

I always see the 180s whenever they go to the freestanding store but I don't know if they're discontinued.

macchristyy

i just got all 3 of the kabuki brushes from coastalscents.com

they are VERY SOFT but still stiff enough to buff out your face and they cost like 5-10 bucks each. my fav one out of the 3 is the italian badger. its huge and works like a charm with no shedding!

ylin4985

Hey gals, I'm deciding between the MAC 182 and the Lumiere Kabuki. MAC is obviously much more expensive, double the price, but I've heard so many rave reviews for the Lumiere one.

Which one do you think I should get?

drieyes

I want to buy a kabuki as well but now I am confused between the 182 and 183. Which one is better for buffing?

user79

The Italian Buffer Brush Large from coastalscents.com is really good for people wanting a cheaper option than the MAC 182. I have it as well and I have used it quite a bit, the 182 is still the best imo, but the coastal scents one is very usable as well, and it's only like $11 or something.