Best kabuki brush - recommendations

amazed527

Re: The best kabuki brush in your opinion???

I have the BE and it sheds like crazy. I plan on taking it back to see if I got a bad one. If not and they are all like that then I am moving on to a really good one.

dollypink

has anyone used a kabuki from the ebay seller bunbuncity?
thanks

msmack

Lumiere Kabuki's! Long handled one, short one and baby 'buki!!! HG!

Long Handled Kabuki : Slimmer, longer handle (duh). Dense, REALLY soft synthetic bristles... a bit smaller head than the reg 'buki $16.00 usd?
Short handled Kabuki: Short, sturdy handle, black. Nice dense REALLY soft head. $14.00 usd?
Baby 'Buki : Nice small 'buki perfect for getting into hard places lol $10 usd

I LOVE LUMIERE and their brushes! I am going to order the buffing brush as well. The mineral foundations are awesome too. www.lumierecosmetics.com and check out the reviews on MUA on these brushes! CHEAP prices too!! FREE SHIPPING TO US AND CANADA!

frocher

I love the 182. To be honest mine shed a lot the first few times I washed it but then it stopped shedding and has been perfect ever since. I have tried a lot of kabukis trying to find the best one, and imo it's the 182.

lethaldesign

I've been using the EM kabuki & as it was my first experience with a kabuki, I wasn't sure if they all were this way or not. It definitely sheds too much &isn't very soft. But I use it to apply MMU on my cheeks, shin, &forehead. And the result is amazing.

I use the MAC baby kabuki 181SE from the Nordy's Novel Twist collection that around my nose/eyebrowns/upper lip to apply MMU. Its super soft &I've considered getting the 182, but have yet to take the plunge.

I just purchased the Aromaleigh synthetic one online, but it has yet to come in the mail. I've heard so many great things &for under half the price of the 182 I figured its worth a shot.

hawaiian_mele

I really love my Handy Buki from BE, I do wish the bristles were a little softer but I've been told the 182 from MAC is amazing!

Miss_M

I love the kabuki from Cat Cosmetics. It's incredibly soft, doesn't shed or gives off dye and comes in a nice faux black leather case
smiles.gif

Besides Cat's kabuki I also like the Chanel #08, which is a little smaller and more dense than the Cat one. It's also very soft and doesn't shed. I use this one when I need to pick up more product.

I have NARS #19 as well but don't really like it. I like the fact that the handle is long, so you have more grip, but the bristles scratch my face and dome is not completely even shaped, so you don't pick up product evenly.

entipy

While I still definitely love my 182 brush, it's shedding a lot more than I'd like considering how much I paid for it!

I've found another kabuki which is really pretty darn nice for the price! It's the Think Pink Kabuki!! This link goes to the M*A*D website where it's on sale for a pretty good price. I believe it can be found elsewhere for cheaper, but I'm not sure where.

Now, I'm going to use this brush for a week and see how it performs ongoing. I've only used it three or so times so far, but it's nice and soft but still has dense bristles in the middle of the brush, so it buffs VERY nicely! So far, it has hardly shed, too. I think maybe 3-5 hairs total.

alien21xx

I have the mini kabuki brush from Sephora and I'm really loving it! First of all, it was only S$18, making it a real steal. The dome is wonderfully shaped and the bristles are so soft I could buff my face all day with it!

ruqayya33

hmm.gif

I own the BE Handy Buki, the BE Heavenly Face Brush and the Too Faced Retractable Kabuki.

Of the 3, the Too Faced Retractable Kabuki is the softest. I also like the fact that it's retractable and therefore grrrrrrrreat for toting around in the purse or gym bag.

Of the 2 BE brushes, the Heavenly Face Brush is the softest. It's actually not a "real kabuki." It's a flat-top powder brush that applies powder just a touch lighter than a kabuki but - IMHO - gives more coverage than a regular powder brush.

I also like the BE Handy Buki, since it actually has a handle, unlike traditional kabukis. It just feels and handles better in my small hands. I also think it's softer than the "regular" BE Kabuki.

A note on brushes and dye: I also noticed that a lot of brushes bleed dye for the first few washings. I'm not sure why manufacturers feel they "need" to dye the bristles. I suppose it's a matter of customer appeal. Some people are swayed into a purchase by how something looks - sometimes even more than the product's performance.

oh.gif
t:

Ex: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara and Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheers -

I have friends (and have seen reviews on MUA) that looooooooove the funky package of the mascara and would buy it on that factor alone. Now, I like the way the mascara performs, but I don't give a "whoop" on how the package looks. I apply my mascara at home and it ends up in my vanity drawer when I'm done. Nobody sees it but me.

On the other hand, I love the way some of the 24/7 Lip Sheers perform on me, but I hate the cheap/crappy looking package... and the cap doesn't always stay on. (I did repackage them into lip gloss jars.) Drugstore lip products often have better, if not fancy, tubes. At $14 a pop, Tarte could add a tube that's a little nicer looking. (I'm not asking for gold plating.) The product is something I do carry with me and whip out in public, on occassions.

color_lover456

As someone who doesn't see the point in having 4390849 brushes and paying more than $5 for a brush I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised with the MAC 182. I use it with my bare minerals and it picks up so much product and disposes of it so well (I don't even have to do the whole tapping thing cuz the product gets swirled so smoothly). I can see the tiny jar of BM lasting forever with my 182

GlamYOURUs

How much is the 182 again?
I have this kabuki from Target. lol Its really nice with application BUT the bristles are pretty harsh. Its not that hard or stiff but the ends are a lil harsh.
I guess thats what you get for 5 bucks. hah

I swapped away my 182 after discovering Everyday Minerals flat top brush. It is insanely soft and perfect for applying minerals. I also really like Alima's 25 brush. I think synthetic kabukis win hands down over animal hair brushes. But YMMV!

fattycat

But is this really worth for MAC 182 ? It's kinda expensive

Briar

I bought Sephora's flat-top "contour blush" brush for my mineral foundation, and I love it! It is nice and soft, and really buffs the makeup in well, without caking it on. I much prefer flat-tops to kabuki brushes, I just make a big 'ol mess with the kabukis and seem to lose a lot of the powder.