Best kabuki brush - recommendations

summerxdreams

Re: The best kabuki brush in your opinion???

I like the Sephora Bronzer brush. Dont' get the sephora kabuki though, it's super scratchy!

lobsteriffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The 182 has received a lot of underserved bad rap because people buy it off Ebay and unknowingly end up with fakes, and therefore badmouth it undeservedly. Of course a fake brush is going to shed and be crap. The REAL 182 brush bought from a MAC store is a high quality brush, absolutely essential to mineral makeup. It does NOT shed very much at all, and does NOT give off dye. I don't even think the bristles are dyed?

I HATE when people review brushes on makeupalley.com that they have bought off Ebay, they are very likely fake as fuck!!

I would def not swap it away.

I got mine from the MAC site and it sheds a lot...maybe I just got a dud.
ssad.gif

sOo_femme

Anyone know how the Sephora kabuki brush is or even the Sugar powder brush?
I just can't bring myself to pay $45 for a brush. =/

entipy

For those of you who have the 182 brush, how do you clean it? So far, almost all the face brushes I own have poofed out a lot after I wash them, making their application of my minerals really NOT as good. I'd hate to pay $45 for a brush then fuck it up by washing it incorrectly. LOL.

I currently have the Everyday Minerals Premium Kabuki (okay but not really dense enough and sheds pretty badly), two Everyday Minerals Premium Flat Top (which I really like, but again get poofy when I wash them and shed a tiny bit), and an Essence of Beauty kabuki (got from CVS - it's nice and soft and fairly dense but, again, poofed when I washed it and sheds badly).

So, I'm trying to decide whether to splurge on the 182 or not. I'm worried it won't give me as heavy a coverage as I like (like I get with a Flat Top), and I'm worried I'll ruin it when I wash it.

Any tips, suggestions, hints, or advice??

dmenchi

the 182 is one of the best investments you can make. I just got a second one for my to-go-pouch and it's the best!!!

evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
For those of you who have the 182 brush, how do you clean it? So far, almost all the face brushes I own have poofed out a lot after I wash them, making their application of my minerals really NOT as good. I'd hate to pay $45 for a brush then fuck it up by washing it incorrectly. LOL.

I currently have the Everyday Minerals Premium Kabuki (okay but not really dense enough and sheds pretty badly), two Everyday Minerals Premium Flat Top (which I really like, but again get poofy when I wash them and shed a tiny bit), and an Essence of Beauty kabuki (got from CVS - it's nice and soft and fairly dense but, again, poofed when I washed it and sheds badly).

So, I'm trying to decide whether to splurge on the 182 or not. I'm worried it won't give me as heavy a coverage as I like (like I get with a Flat Top), and I'm worried I'll ruin it when I wash it.

i don't have this problem since i use a synthetic one but i have read that some people wrap a paper towel around it with a rubberband while it dries, but then again don't take my word for it.

tinkerbelle2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy

I just wash my brushes (including the 181 and 182) in a warm bath of Johnsons baby shampoo, if they are really dirty I just put a drop of extra shampoo on them. Then rinse them of with warm water, let them drip out and push out the water with a towel. Then I let them (naturally) dry on a towel, I let the 181 and 182 dry standing up.

All my brushes are in great condition and I wash them at least once a week, I have no problem with shedding! Don't hesitate.....just buy the 182, you won't be sorry!!!
smiles.gif

Kuuipo

The Nars Botan Brush. Expensive, but nothing is better,IMO. Vey dense,soft goat hair that washes well. Feels like the top of a cat's head. I buff all my powders in with this! Sephora also makes a brozing brush that is only 25 dollars and its a great quality brush. Its juust like a Kabuki,except for a longer,fat,user friendly handle. Washes well,alll natural hair,its a steal. The BE Kabuki had to be the worst,scratchiest brush ever....I was picking hairs off my face. Great product,lousy brushes. BE's Heavenly Face Brush was much better, but not nearly as good as the Botan or Sephora's Bronzing.....

l1lvague

well, i use my sephora bronzer brush for my BE~ IT WORKS GREAT. ITS SOOOO SOFT TOO

Jacq-i

I have the Too Faced kabuki brush and I love it!!

entipy

I finally broke down and bought the 182! I will (hopefully) try it out tomorrow morning if it's dry by then! I can't wait! It's really soft and nicely dense and cut great!

AppleDiva

I enjoy the Cover FX kabuki... very soft on my sensitive skin.
clap.gif

entipy

Oh my holy cow!!! I used my 182 brush this morning, and I am in luuuurrrrrve!!! It is SO worth the money!! Check out these pictures:

The first picture was using the brush I normally use:
http://nookra.com/makeup/nose-edm.jpg

This picture was using the 182
http://nookra.com/makeup/nose-mac.jpg

Look at the difference in my pores! OMG!

THE best face brush I've used. I would (and have already) highly recommend it!

goink

I have Bobbi Brown's face brush. I've had it for a while.
I wished I waited a bit for the 182. Maybe when I have more cash...

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goink
I have Bobbi Brown's face brush. I've had it for a while.
I wished I waited a bit for the 182. Maybe when I have more cash...

When you have more cash, you should definitely get the 182!!!!
greengrin.gif

BloodMittens

I have had the BE Kabuki Brush... again like most of you said, it was too scratchy and shed a ton. But I was looking for a good rep'd cheap kabuki and I ended up getting the Benefit Kabuki for $18USD and the Sugar Cosmetics Kabuki for $16USD. I love them both
greengrin.gif
They are so soft and hardly shed!

I never see people buying Sugar Cosmetics... it's kinda sad. I love their stuff >_>

july

Today I finally bought the 182 and I am in love
smiles.gif
she is sooo cute !
with mac's face&body makeup I hope I will remember how to work with this brush .

Latest posts