Best kabuki brush - recommendations

GlamYOURUs

Re: The best kabuki brush in your opinion???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattycat
But is this really worth for MAC 182 ? It's kinda expensive

I finally gave in after months of contemplating. lol Its 45 bucks but its soooo worth it. I love it! So soft but it does shed a bit because its real goat hair. I use it for everything. Even blush!

user79

Re: The best kabuki brush in your opinion???

Quote:

It's cheap when you think about it. I've had mine for around 2 years now (I bought the LE one with the Catherine Deneuve collection), and use it everyday. Divide the US price down by number of days used in 2 years, it works out to 6 cents a day at the moment. And I know this brush will last me a long time yet to come, so it will just get cheaper and cheaper economically speaking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelle2001
Then I let them (naturally) dry on a towel, I let the 181 and 182 dry standing up.

You should never dry brushes standing up. The water will seep back into the ferrule and over time, can dissolve the glue or actually begin to mildew inside. You should always dry brushes flat, including kabukis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil
i don't have this problem since i use a synthetic one but i have read that some people wrap a paper towel around it with a rubberband while it dries, but then again don't take my word for it.

Yep, I shake out all the excess water, then roll mine up snuggly in toilet paper, then lay on the side to dry. It takes a good day to dry that way but when removing the toilet paper, it looks really smooth and no stray hairs.

Coastal scents has some really nice and soft kabuki brushes and the shipping is incredibly cheap and they let you choose method and company to ship from. They sell other brushes too that are amazing.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I just ordered the Too faced kabuki from Sephora's website. OMg it was SOOO hard to get my hands on it and I finally did! I can't wait for it to get here!

lethaldesign

I got the Too Faced Pink Retractable Kabuki a few weeks ago and it is seriously the softest brush I have ever felt in my life!! Its so soft & silky that I'm scared to use it because I don't want to ruin it, lol.

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I love the 182. To be honest mine shed a lot the first few times I washed it but then it stopped shedding and has been perfect ever since. I have tried a lot of kabukis trying to find the best one, and imo it's the 182.

Quote:

I'm on my second MAC 182 brush. I sent the first one back because it shed WAY more than I felt it should have - especially for the price tag. MAC sent me another one, and after washing it only twice, it has begun to shed again. *sigh* The hairs only stick badly if I'm kinda sticky/sweaty (which is a problem for me when I get ready in the mornings, go figure) but still... I hate picking hairs off my face!!

My last entry in here was about the pink kabuki which is still a great brush! However, I wanted to point out that my most recent favorite is the new Everyday Minerals Long Handled Kabuki. It's synthetic, soft as it can be, and dense enough in the middle to buff really well. It's a tad on the small side, but I think I'm actually liking that better because I can get the small spots in a more controlled manner. (Like underneath my eyes.) I also tried EDM's new Flat Top synthetic. I didn't care much for that one. The head is just too small to provide adequate coverage - IMO.

Anyway - y'all check 'em out.
smiles.gif

smellyocheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
While I still definitely love my 182 brush, it's shedding a lot more than I'd like considering how much I paid for it!

I've found another kabuki which is really pretty darn nice for the price! It's the Think Pink Kabuki!! This link goes to the M*A*D website where it's on sale for a pretty good price. I believe it can be found elsewhere for cheaper, but I'm not sure where.

Now, I'm going to use this brush for a week and see how it performs ongoing. I've only used it three or so times so far, but it's nice and soft but still has dense bristles in the middle of the brush, so it buffs VERY nicely! So far, it has hardly shed, too. I think maybe 3-5 hairs total.

I just ordered the think pink kabuki not too long ago. it's yet to arrive though. I was skeptical at first but after reading this, I'm sure it'll be great!
th_LMAO.gif

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyocheese
I just ordered the think pink kabuki not too long ago. it's yet to arrive though. I was skeptical at first but after reading this, I'm sure it'll be great!
th_LMAO.gif

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a great little brush!
smiles.gif

user79

I'm wondering if the normal 182 is as good in quality as the LE 182 that came out with the Catherine Deneuve collection. That's the one I have and have never had a shedding problem. Are the permanent 182 brushes made differently? I wonder...

alien21xx

I have never had a problem with the permanent 182 shedding. I bought two, one for myself and another for my sister, and both of us really swear by it, so I don't know if there should be a big difference in the quality.

Regarding other kabuki brushes, some other brands I've used that were also quite good were Clarins and the white goat hair kabuki from A'Squirrel. IMO, they're not as amazingly soft or full as the 182, but they make for great backups and are much more compact and lighter, so they're also easier to bring in my purse if I want a powder touch-up.

shabdebaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm wondering if the normal 182 is as good in quality as the LE 182 that came out with the Catherine Deneuve collection. That's the one I have and have never had a shedding problem. Are the permanent 182 brushes made differently? I wonder...

Me too. I have the Catherine Deneuve one and it's absolutely perfect. It's the most used brush I have, I love it!

entipy

I'm still loving my EDM Long Handled Kabuki! I've tried it vs. my MAC 182 several times, I like it better still. It's softer and applies the minerals better for me. I know that's like... blasphemy, but.. there it is. LOL

delic1999

Sephora Brand Professionnel Kabuki Brush #50

I actualy really like my brush. It's supper soft and i have not had any sheding with it.

New Page 0

I also heard some girls loving these brushes too. I am thinking about trying theirs as well. and the prices are great!

babiid0llox

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
My MAC 182 sheds every time I use it. I bought it a few months ago, whats the deal?

Where did you buy it from- instore, online store, ebay?

spectrolite

My MAC 182 sheds every bloody time I use it as well. It pisses me off because it was pretty expensive. The hairs are constantly breaking off and it is annoying that I have to take extra time picking them off my face in the mornings. I purchased mine from MAC online. I take very good care of that brush too!
angry.gif

I'm going to order a Kabuki from A-Squirrel. I have a set of face + eye brushes from them that have not shed once in the time that I've had them. I'm very impressed with the quality of their brushes.

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
My MAC 182 sheds every bloody time I use it as well. It pisses me off because it was pretty expensive. The hairs are constantly breaking off and it is annoying that I have to take extra time picking them off my face in the mornings. I purchased mine from MAC online. I take very good care of that brush too!
angry.gif

I'm going to order a Kabuki from A-Squirrel. I have a set of face + eye brushes from them that have not shed once in the time that I've had them. I'm very impressed with the quality of their brushes.

Mine is like yours. Mine keeps shedding everytime I use(probably because it's made in China?). And I bought it from a MAC store.
Anyway, the 182 brush is NOT soft AT ALL. It even pricks my sensitive skin
angry.gif
I think ones who say it is soft have never used the other Kabuki brushes that are better quality.

I recommend the makeup brushes by Hakuhodo USA
They actually make brushes for pro makeup artists and the quality is very great.

stingray

I find the 180 small buffer brush very prickly on my skin and I'm not that sensitive, maybe a bit but not that sensitive. Washing it doesn't seem to have helped any either.

I've had the BE Handy Buki and Heavenly Face Brush and they prickle even more than the MAC 180! Eugh...

All 3 of those brushes made my skin sore and the next day it would end up being "bumpy" and a bit red.

I've also got the Bobbi Brown Face Brush which is a kabuki similar to the 182 I think, and I find gorgeously soft and nice compared to the 180 and BE brushes. I haven't had it that long so I can't say how it lasts. I don't know how it compares to the MAC 182 though.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiid0llox
Where did you buy it from- instore, online store, ebay?

At the store! The MA warned me that it will shed because its real hair. Its been months now since I have been using it and I still have to pick off the hairs off of my face, so annoying! ugh