Best kabuki brush - recommendations

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drieyes
I want to buy a kabuki as well but now I am confused between the 182 and 183. Which one is better for buffing?

In my opinion, definitely the 182. I have both, but the 182 is the one I grab non stop for buffing
smiles.gif
it seems to be the most popular of the two all around as well.

anshu7

best buffer brush?

hey guys m looking for a gud buffer brush but not expensive.any recommendations?

Moxy

I used mini kabuki brush from everyday minerals today..so soft and application is great. It only costs like 5 dollars!
greengrin.gif

Apart from this one, I also swear by mac's #182, it's great.

elisaveta

My favourite brush for mineral makeup application is EDM Long handled kabuki brush. I just adore it! It is supersuper soft. It stays in shape while applying, so you can really buff foundation into your skin. So it's dence enough, but still feels silky in your skin. Also the price is perfect. This quality for such a low price, I can't believe it! And not even one hair had shed from my EDM kabukis and that is almost a miracle too. I can't say enough good thing about these brushes, but... Definitely worth trying for! :)

June, you asked about NARS kabukis. I have two of them: Kabuki artisan botan brush and Yachiyo kabuki brush. The last one is not a classic kabuki, it has a very lond handle. All in all NARS brushes are OK, but I expect more from that expensive makeup brushes. I do not see that the price is in right balance with the quality you get. So I can't recommend NARS kabukis. You can get better ones for less money.

MAC's 182 is also a quite good brush. It is also supersoft and easy to use. But it isn't my favourite one, it isn't as perfect as my favourite kabuki. It may be, if the price would be more reasonable. MAC 182 has also another minus: if you have small face, it is probably too large for some things (for example applying blush/face pigments to your face etc.) So in my opinion it isn't as versatile as EDM's version. But still I love 182 brush too.
winkiss.gif

KellyBean

I got the Flat Top brush from Everyday Minerals. It should come in next week. It was recommended on Youtube. I'll let you all know how it is.

widdershins

I love the flat top brush from Everyday Minerals! I just got it in my latest order and it is the softest brush I have ever used. It's the best for buffing and layering mineral foundation!

Almost black.

I have only two kabuki brushes - catrice and Mad Minerals. I've tried only the 2nd one. Anyway, I really love it. Soft, gentle, hair doesn't fall out, etc. Shortly - everything you want from a kabuki brush or brushes generaly.

smiles.gif

miss_sonya

NARS kabuki brushes are to die for!! SOO expensive in the store but once you touch it you will fall in love forever!! I took the chance of ordering a whole set of NARS brushes on ebay and completely lucked out!! They were 100% authentic...took them to sephora and compared them...even the sales rep couldnt believe it..he even brought over the manager to check em' out! They couldnt believe I got the entire line for $89...yes I said $89!!! The botan brush sells for $75 alone! I was doing cart-wheels...jumping with joy...and calling everyone I knew to brag!! Even if you dont get so lucky finding a deal like I did...NARS Kabuki's are the best ever!!

MissAlphaKitty

Everyday Minerals - Baby Kabuki & Flat Top

I got my Everyday Minerals order today and the brushes are exceptional!

I put them through a super hard washing with lots of tugging and squeezing to get the water out and there was ZERO shedding
Also, they are very very soft & the Baby Kabuki is smaller than the BE baby buki and great for me!
The Flat Top has a short handlle and I love the size
I noticed today that they've added an eye buki to their collection...
I'm definitely going to test that out (only $7.00)

I love that their brushes are VEGAN (synthetic)

lol... I sound like a commercial
and just for reference:
$6.00 Baby Kabuki
$10.00 Flat Top

preciouscharm

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
anybody tried the avon one? i'm curious.

eh its sheds and bristles are too rough
ssad.gif

KellyBean

Re: Everyday Minerals - Baby Kabuki & Flat Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
I got my Everyday Minerals order today and the brushes are exceptional!

I put them through a super hard washing with lots of tugging and squeezing to get the water out and there was ZERO shedding
Also, they are very very soft & the Baby Kabuki is smaller than the BE baby buki and great for me!
The Flat Top has a short handlle and I love the size
I noticed today that they've added an eye buki to their collection...
I'm definitely going to test that out (only $7.00)

I love that their brushes are VEGAN (synthetic)

lol... I sound like a commercial
and just for reference:
$6.00 Baby Kabuki
$10.00 Flat Top

ITA! I absolutely love the flat-top brush for buffing out my foundation after applying it with a 190-like brush.
choochoo.gif

However, it's a tad bit small, so I'm going to get a coastal scents italian badger buffer.

MissAlphaKitty

Re: Everyday Minerals - Baby Kabuki & Flat Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBean
ITA! I absolutely love the flat-top brush for buffing out my foundation after applying it with a 190-like brush.
choochoo.gif

oooh good tip .. i'm going to try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBean
However, it's a tad bit small, so I'm going to get a coastal scents italian badger buffer.

please do report back and let us know about that badger flattop
i got the pink one from coastal scents
and although it's very soft....
(comparable with my MAC 183)
I had to soak he bristles it in vinegar overnight
to get out that stink it got every time it got wet

rachybloom

I had the BE Full Coverage Kabuki and used it for nearly two years.. I wasn't really a fan because it's so scratchy on my face! But it is very dense, but I never really wanted to shell out 40 bux for a new one so I stuck with it :p

I recently bought both the MAC 182 several weeks ago and the Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair Kabuki yesterday. I'm regretting buying the 182 because the Too Faced is cheaper, cuter, and portable! I bought it because I wanted one for touchups during the day and definitely wish I hadn't purchased the MAC 182 because Too Faced is so much better!

mysteryflavored

I apply my MMU with Meow Cosmetic's short-handled flat-top brush. LOVE IT.

I also recently bought the Japonesque Bronzer Brush (basically, the cheaper of the two kabukis) and am so blown away by the quality. Esp. for $25.

MacPinkFlamingo

I have the kabuki brush from Bare Escentuals that comes with the starter kit. I was happy with its performance, however this is the first (and only) kabuki brush I ever tried/owned. Well, just recently I happened upon the Too Faced kabuki brush...LUXURY! It might be the softest brush I have ever touched. I do not use it for the initial application of my minerals. My primary use for it is after I have applied the powders. I have a tendency to look a bit chalky with the powder, so I lightly spritz some charged water (Fix + would work too) on the end of the kabuki and buff my face. The difference is incredible! I LOVE this brush and am saving my pennies to buy the full set of Teddy Bear Hair brushes (that's what Too Faced calls the synthetic fibers in their brushes). I guess what I am saying is that one kabuki brush is not mighty enough for my face...LOL!

Me=High Maintenance & Sucker for Softness
pretty.gif

P.S. In my world a non-MAC product has to be undeniably exceptional to make it into my traincase. Many fine products have been left behind the velvet rope
th_banned.gif
. My Too Faced kabuki is on the top tier of my traincase with my other MAC brushes...THAT is saying something!
clap.gif

MissAlphaKitty

I love MAC
but given how expensive everything is getting
and with me wanting to have more makeup
I've been more open to brush alternatives
that are equal if not better in quality
and money-wise, better value

so just to give myself a reality check today
i just did a blind test (lo... just with my eyes closed) of my kabuki brushes

in order of softest to roughest:
1) Everyday Minerals (synthetic) baby kabuki & flat top --by a long shot
yahoo.gif

2) MAC 183 (very soft but sheds a bit still)
thmbup.gif

3) Pink Flat Top for coastal scents (I would consider this a good value alternative to the 183 if I didnt already have one)
yes.gif

4) BE kabuki... YUCK scratchy mess
thmbdn.gif

aleksis210

The only Kabuki I've tried is BE, but I knew from the start there had to be better out there (considering it felt like buffing your face with a cactus lol) So because I'm getting back into Mineral Makeup (I'm going to try Alima, BE made me look SO shiny) I am on a hunt for the perfect Kabuki brush...I'll let you girls know which one I picked!

Latest posts