Beyonce: Oscars 2009

~MARIETTE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
I love the mermaid tail!!! I do agree though that it often most flattering on smaller figures.

However, that puff pastry piece of shiz on the bottom of beyonce's dress is NOT a mermaid tail.... Actually, I really don't even know what that is. It's like you took a mermaid tailed, rouched it, and put a baby petticoat underneath it...really, wtf is that? It's just another case of House of DamnItsAllWrong at work.

lol...i think it is mermaid though. the mermaid varies, does it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbytes
She looks like an award statuette, lol. For like, Best Representation of a Louis XVI settee. She's SO pretty, she would look incredible if she chose clean lines and good cuts. That face of hers is a statement all on it's own, she doesn't need to wear an eye-searing print with two off shades of black and enormous gold flowers to stand out.

precisely!!!!!!!!!

MiCHiE

I didn't care for the MU or the hair, either. Honestly, she looked like on of us if we were suddenly awakened and given 5 minutes to do a FOTD.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I didn't care for the MU or the hair, either. Honestly, she looked like on of us if we were suddenly awakened and given 5 minutes to do a FOTD.

Girl! Get out of my head!

~MARIETTE~

i like it when Beyonce does the natural fotd...lol.

imo...she is one of the few celebs that have mastered it(her artist anyway). I just wish she had on a dress that made a POSITIVE statement all its own-then the minimal face would have been perfect. I still see the beauty in the MU.

GreekChick

Quote:
While the pose is stiff and awkward, it's a million times better than that half stripper/half sex kitten, arms behind her head "come get me" pose she kept doing on the red carpet previously.

beyonce.jpg

0_61_012307_beyonce.jpg

I'm glad someone told her to stop that.

I think her alter-ego, you know SHASHA FIERCE, posessed her here.
th_LMAO.gif

MiCHiE

I also want to say this, too and I'm done....I find it hard to believe that she was actually "trained" in pagaentry. For one, she doesn't even pose as well as amateurs on ANTM. However, she does a great job of "smiling with her eyes" (kudos, Tyra!). On top of that, have you seen some of the outtakes (and finished products) she's done for magazines? DEAD DEAD DEAD. Her expressions are about as lifeless as her personality.

Oh, Oh, Oh...I have to add, too, that her speech and diction are HORRIBLE. So, she may have won some "Beautiful Baby" contests, but that girl is NO pagaent queen. Let her daddy tell it, she's done everything under the sun, though.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I think her alter-ego, you know SHASHA FIERCE, posessed her here.
th_LMAO.gif

yes.gif
WTH is that about anyway, I hope she will look back on that (alter ego thing) one day and think WTF was I on?

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
...had it been exactly the same dress except with a mid calf hem with a sexy back slit: totally hot dress that only beyonce's curves could rock

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking... But it still looked like she couldn't breathe in it...

MissResha

since we're talkin about beyonce, u know what i wish she'd do?

take on an acting role that has NOTHING to do with singing. Like, we get it, you can sing. But can you act? I wanna see her play a prostitute, or a crackhead, or a dude. Then i'd be impressed. Because as of now, I'm not. I do wanna check out that movie she did with her man being stalked by some white chick from his job. hot! Looks like it might be good enough to rent!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha

take on an acting role that has NOTHING to do with singing. Like, we get it, you can sing. But can you act?

No. .

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha

take on an acting role that has NOTHING to do with singing. Like, we get it, you can sing. But can you act? I wanna see her play a prostitute, or a crackhead, or a dude. Then i'd be impressed. Because as of now, I'm not. I do wanna check out that movie she did with her man being stalked by some white chick from his job. hot! Looks like it might be good enough to rent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
No. .

th_LMAO.gif
Yea, IMO, as an actress, she has the emotional diversity of turnip. I'd rather watch paint dry then to see her f. up and bore the bejesus out of me in another role Yet, she manages to keep getting roles in major movies. Who in the hell keeps casting her? O that's right, you don't really need talent nowadays.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
No. .

LOL I haven't got round to seeing any of her movies but your bluntness cracked me up!

~MARIETTE~

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif
Yea, IMO, as an actress, she has the emotional diversity of turnip. I'd rather watch paint dry then to see her f. up and bore the bejesus out of me in another role Yet, she manages to keep getting roles in major movies. Who in the hell keeps casting her? O that's right, you don't really need talent nowadays.

Um, her daddy keeps casting her. Please, all Matthew has to do is make a call, and shes in. ... dont be fooled, the man is powerful.

Beyonce has portrayed all the singers. I think it's clear to serious hollywood directors that she cant act. Therefore she is stuck with what looks to be a low budget remake of 'Fatal Attraction'.

Its gonna be all about the foreign directors who dont know any better. I.e the one who wants her to play the head female black panther. She is still huge in the Europe ect. Now that she's been proven irrelevant in hollywood, i can so see Matthew trying to make her into an indie darling with foreign directors at the helm.

Back to the dress......Just bad. I'm gonna listen to 'Radio' to ease the dissapointment.

sinergy

I was watching Chelsea Lately I think it was, and someone made the comment that she has been at all the awards shows, she just pops up and SURPRISE! IM SINGING FOR YOU AGAIN!! boppin her head to the side..
lol.gif
It made me laugh, because yes we know she is talented but I dont want to see here at the grammys and then at sag, and then at the oscars!! why is she everywhere!?!? I know it isnt cause of her mind blowing performance in the pink panther....when she first hit the scene solo i was so into her music and her image, but now..im kind of like. eh.

~MARIETTE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
I was watching Chelsea Lately I think it was, and someone made the comment that she has been at all the awards shows, she just pops up and SURPRISE! IM SINGING FOR YOU AGAIN!! boppin her head to the side..
lol.gif
It made me laugh, because yes we know she is talented but I dont want to see here at the grammys and then at sag, and then at the oscars!! why is she everywhere!?!? I know it isnt cause of her mind blowing performance in the pink panther....when she first hit the scene solo i was so into her music and her image, but now..im kind of like. eh.

I think its the fact that she (and her camp) desperately want her to be considered universal....they just dont get that its annoying.

I still LOVE Beyonce, but i think that the way her camp has chosen to go about many things have greatly hurt her.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MARIETTE~
Love that song....but not as much as 'Dissapear', and i dont love either nearly as much as 'Radio'....She so needs to make it her summer jam! Just subscribed to you on youtube.
smiles.gif

I CANT believe you think the pet-egg sucks. I swear by that thing. Both my mom and I actually.

I'm sorry to hear that.
th_wink3.gif

ok you and will get along great because i swear Disappear and Radio are my faves. *high five*

the ped-egg, my FIRST one was better. the one i have now really sucks. the blades on it don't do anything at all, i forgot where we bought it, but we won't go back there for another one...and we were both upset cuz we were like "this one sucks! this one isn't like the first one at all!". my boyfriend and i were really disappointed. but its really his. and he's too self conscious to keep it at his house so i keep it here LMAO. he's so dumb.