Beyonce: Oscars 2009

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MARIETTE~
Um, her daddy keeps casting her. Please, all Matthew has to do is make a call, and shes in.... dont be fooled, the man is powerful.

Beyonce has portrayed all the singers. I think it's clear to serious hollywood directors that she cant act. Therefore she is stuck with what looks to be a low budget remake of 'Fatal Attraction'.

Its gonna be all about the foreign directors who dont know any better. I.e the one who wants her to play the head female black panther. She is still huge in the Europe ect. Now that she's been proven irrelevant in hollywood, i can so see Matthew trying to make her into an indie darling with foreign directors at the helm.

Back to the dress......Just bad. I'm gonna listen to 'Radio' to ease the dissapointment.

Matthew is powerful, I have no doubt. However, it's more than that. When Beyonce was America's, or the world's, darling she could do no wrong. Her father, Hollywood and corporations did everything they could to exploit that. Now, it's gotten to the point that she's become overexposed and the media is oversaturated with everything Beyonce. People are just over it and over her. It happens to every star that is pushed like that.

I think your point about the foreign indie is interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I could totally see it though. If she wants to be appreciated for her acting she needs to fall back, first of all. Disappear for awhile and learn the craft. Get cast in someone's indie and make sure the character is as far from being glamorous as possible - far from everything we know of and equate with Beyonce. Get the film out, but it has to be a creeper. It's got to be one of those films that doesn't come out and it's everywhere. Get it to a Sundance/Tribeca and let the buzz build slowly. She would be very successful if she did that. I should be in P.R..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
I was watching Chelsea Lately I think it was, and someone made the comment that she has been at all the awards shows, she just pops up and SURPRISE! IM SINGING FOR YOU AGAIN!! boppin her head to the side..
lol.gif
It made me laugh, because yes we know she is talented but I dont want to see here at the grammys and then at sag, and then at the oscars!! why is she everywhere!?!? I know it isnt cause of her mind blowing performance in the pink panther....when she first hit the scene solo i was so into her music and her image, but now..im kind of like. eh.

I know. I was like, "why is she at the Oscars?" Not to mention that the performance was so random and irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MARIETTE~
I think its the fact that she (and her camp) desperately want her to be considered universal....they just dont get that its annoying.

I still LOVE Beyonce, but i think that the way her camp has chosen to go about many things have greatly hurt her.

I agree. They have pushed her down everyone's throat and now people are sick to their stomachs and throwing her back up.

benzito_714

now yall know Beyonce gets ready in the kitchen-her hair is hard-pressed with the stove hot comb, her dresses sewn with fabric from the rag bin and old mama tina crochet designs, all while they make cornbread, rice and beans for the award shows cause the food there is too expensive.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
ok you and will get along great because i swear Disappear and Radio are my faves. *high five*

the ped-egg, my FIRST one was better. the one i have now really sucks. the blades on it don't do anything at all, i forgot where we bought it, but we won't go back there for another one...and we were both upset cuz we were like "this one sucks! this one isn't like the first one at all!". my boyfriend and i were really disappointed. but its really his. and he's too self conscious to keep it at his house so i keep it here LMAO. he's so dumb.

Yeah I think I got a boot leg Ped Egg..... Mine sucks!!!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzito_714
now yall know Beyonce gets ready in the kitchen-her hair is hard-pressed with the stove hot comb, her dresses sewn with fabric from the rag bin and old mama tina crochet designs, all while they make cornbread, rice and beans for the award shows cause the food there is too expensive.

th_LMAO.gif

rachybloom

If it would have just been plain black it would have been fab. That print is awful it looks like my grandmother's curtains

~MARIETTE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
ok you and will get along great because i swear Disappear and Radio are my faves. *high five*

the ped-egg, my FIRST one was better. the one i have now really sucks. the blades on it don't do anything at all, i forgot where we bought it, but we won't go back there for another one...and we were both upset cuz we were like "this one sucks! this one isn't like the first one at all!". my boyfriend and i were really disappointed. but its really his. and he's too self conscious to keep it at his house so i keep it here LMAO. he's so dumb.

Well, my mom and i must have gotten the best ones. We ordered them from a tv infomercial.
th_DANCE.gif

OMG--isint 'Radio' great. It's the most played song on my ipod as per itunes. Love it. 'I be on the hotline like eerryday makin sure the dj knows what i want him to play,you know i got my top back and my beat low rocking my stunner shades and turnin up my radio'......LOVEIT!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Matthew is powerful, I have no doubt. However, it's more than that. When Beyonce was America's, or the world's, darling she could do no wrong. Her father, Hollywood and corporations did everything they could to exploit that. Now, it's gotten to the point that she's become overexposed and the media is oversaturated with everything Beyonce. People are just over it and over her. It happens to every star that is pushed like that.

I think your point about the foreign indie is interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I could totally see it though. If she wants to be appreciated for her acting she needs to fall back, first of all. Disappear for awhile and learn the craft. Get cast in someone's indie and make sure the character is as far from being glamorous as possible - far from everything we know of and equate with Beyonce. Get the film out, but it has to be a creeper. It's got to be one of those films that doesn't come out and it's everywhere. Get it to a Sundance/Tribeca and let the buzz build slowly. She would be very successful if she did that. I should be in P.R..

I agree. They have pushed her down everyone's throat and now people are sick to their stomachs and throwing her back up.

Oh, im sure that's Matthew's next plan. Its what its seeming like anyway, and its actually quite genius.

user79

She actually looked like an Oscar award in that dress, the ruffles looked like the little podium the Oscar stands on.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

Oh but that would involve being vulnerable and susceptible to the possibility of ~SHOCK, HORROR~ less exposure, or ~SHOCK, HORROR~ less reward.

Clearly her camp sees what Ray did for Jamie Foxx or what Walk The Line did for Joaquin Phoenix and recognises that is the quickest way to get her what she wants. That's why she takes the tired ass biographical roles of some afflicted musician or other. Ugh, and it's so transparent.

I remember watchin an interview with her and she was like "I want to win an Oscar and a TONY" like that shit is so easy and doesn't years of dedication, passion and craft. Maybe she should concentrate on just doing something good and worth a damn. Goal-driven people drive me insane. I mean, ambition and drive are such admirable qualities but when ALL that matters is the outcome, it's like..what's the point..
th_dunno.gif

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
Clearly her camp sees what Ray did for Jamie Foxx or what Walk The Line did for Joaquin Phoenix and recognises that is the quickest way to get her what she wants. That's why she takes the tired ass biographical roles of some afflicted musician or other. Ugh, and it's so transparent.

That's the same thing I thought, but Jamie and Joaquin ARE actors, true and through. On top of that, they studied their subjects. Jamie SAT and PLAYED with Ray Charles before he passed away. And, both actors basically transformed into these men. Beyoncé read Etta's book, went to a crackhouse in NYC and gained 20 lbs. for her role. Seriously, she'd better stick to dancing like a raided roach onstage because that's what she does best. She needs some her family to stop bucking her up into thinking she's more than an entertainer.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
She actually looked like an Oscar award in that dress, the ruffles looked like the little podium the Oscar stands on.

exactly

nunu

I absolutely HATED the dress. I remeber watching the arrivals on E and i nearly choked on my drink!

Shame i love her songs but lately she's been trying a bit too much!

And i agree with the poster who said it's like a normal 5 minute fotd, anyone can do winged liner and have a brown es on the crease
shrugs.gif

MiCHiE

I hadn't noticed 'til yesterday when I watched E!'s Fashion Police that she had no earrings on because they broke right before she hit the carpet. When it rains, it pours.

GreekChick

I honestly think more makeup and any more accessories such as earrings would've been overkill with the dress.
Not that it isn't overkill already, but I'm just saying.

zzoester

I do NOT like that dress but if the fabric was changed up a bit it would be better - I do not like that pattern. But if anyone can pull of that style of dress, it's HER.

MiCHiE

She should have pulled it off......and gone to the next design.

I saw this Blind Item, supposedly about her:

Quote:
Does your mother hate you! This is the question being asked about a certain Diva who follows her mother’s advice religiously. It is time to cut the apron strings and stop relying on mommy’s tacky style sense.