Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

shontay07108

So I bought the corrector and the concealer/powder duo today. I gotta say I really, really like the corrector. I got it in dark peach and it does help with the bit of darkness under my eyes. I have hereditary bags, so I wasn't expecting any miracles there, but it did help with the darkness. I just have to make sure the skin under my eyes isn't dry so it won't cake up. The concealer is less impressive, but still not bad. It doesn't seem to cover the way my mufe concealers do. I'll keep playing with it, though. Perhaps it's all in the application. I'm just glad I finally woke up and realized I needed to get that corrector. :D

katred

Specktra Bestie
actually, although the tester i tried at murale gave me crappy pay-off and seemed as you described, the one i bought gave very good colour pay-off....it just didn't last!!!?
Funny, I was swatching this again today and the colour payoff was better than I remembered... The colours are pretty.

I'm getting tempted by some of the cream shadows, which is weird, because I normally don't like cream shadows at all. I was looking at two of the new shades- Smoked Topaz and Velvet Plum and they're both gorgeous. What are people's thoughts on them? How about the metallic finish ones? I was kind of tempted by Black Pearl as well.

mac_aiken

I have Black Pearl and I love it. I wear it as a base under purples alot.
Funny, I was swatching this again today and the colour payoff was better than I remembered... The colours are pretty.

I'm getting tempted by some of the cream shadows, which is weird, because I normally don't like cream shadows at all. I was looking at two of the new shades- Smoked Topaz and Velvet Plum and they're both gorgeous. What are people's thoughts on them? How about the metallic finish ones? I was kind of tempted by Black Pearl as well.

mac_aiken

I picked up pieces from the new fall collection today @Nordstroms. Desert Twilight. It is a very pretty collection. I got the bronzer/blush duo, Twilight Ink e/l, Twilight n/p and Firefly l/g.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up pieces from the new fall collection today @Nordstroms. Desert Twilight. It is a very pretty collection. I got the bronzer/blush duo, Twilight Ink e/l, Twilight n/p and Firefly l/g.
Wow, I hadn't even heard about this one yet. Although I'm envious of all the new things appearing down there, part of me is glad we don't get the autumn collections until early August. It gives my brain a chance to adjust.

Shypo

I got a few of the Twilight items as well - can't wait for them to get here!

I love the Shimmer Inks....

Kate, I'm on the fence about the cream shadows.....I like them ok, but I think of the EL brands, EL is actually my favorite for their consistency, which is very creamy. I don't often reach for the couple of BB ones that I have.......

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got a few of the Twilight items as well - can't wait for them to get here!

I love the Shimmer Inks....

Kate, I'm on the fence about the cream shadows.....I like them ok, but I think of the EL brands, EL is actually my favorite for their consistency, which is very creamy. I don't often reach for the couple of BB ones that I have.......
Thanks for the advice, Shypo. I might hold off on these for a while.

User38

Katred!!
friends.gif
biggest hugs!!

passing on the BB collex in toto
hatsoff.gif

Edelmc

I like the look of the new brush set in the taillight collection- I wonder if Bb will revamp the existing brushes to match the new style?

ppzinha

I got the gel liner in a kit that comes with a little brush, and I loved it..
The brush helps a lot, it's really easy to use..

I also have the corrector, and I didnt love it that much.. I think the powder does nothing for me really

elle2000

Bobbi Brown DESERT TWILIGHT Collection. Has anyone bought or tried instore the mini brush set? Any comments great appreciated!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI, anyone tried the Brightening collection for Spring? I've completely fallen in love with Porcelain Pearl. I feel like it instantly wakes my face up (even if the rest of me is still asleep) and brightens in exactly the right way.