Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

cody

Could any Canadian ladies tell me the price of the Rich Lip Color or Treatment Lip Shine in CAD? I'm living in London right now but will be back in Canada in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out where it's cheaper. NARS is cheaper for me here in London, MAC is waaaaay cheaper in Canada, but I don't shop Bobbi Brown enough to know and I can't find Canadian prices online. Thanks!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Could any Canadian ladies tell me the price of the Rich Lip Color or Treatment Lip Shine in CAD? I'm living in London right now but will be back in Canada in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out where it's cheaper. NARS is cheaper for me here in London, MAC is waaaaay cheaper in Canada, but I don't shop Bobbi Brown enough to know and I can't find Canadian prices online. Thanks!

Not sure about the Treatment, but Rich Lip Colors aren't available up here. On line retailers won't even ship them here...
censored.gif

cody

Not sure about the Treatment, but Rich Lip Colors aren't available up here. On line retailers won't even ship them here...
censored.gif

Well, that's a bummer! I wonder why? Guess I'm stuck buying them in London no matter what.

Fluffyloo

I don't care for her foundations but I LOVE the Sunset Nude & Candlelight Shimmer lippies! The eyeshadows really aren't as pigmented as I like...especially in the palettes.

QueenOfSnark

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but what's everyone's opinion of BB's gel eyeliner? I've finally come to the conclusion that liquid liners just won't work on my wonky lids, and I heard Bobbi's are the best. What brush would you recommend applying it with?

Shypo

Personally, I love it. It wears like iron on me, and I love the color selection! My fave is black mauve or mauve black - cant remember which it is ;).

elegant-one

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but what's everyone's opinion of BB's gel eyeliner? I've finally come to the conclusion that liquid liners just won't work on my wonky lids, and I heard Bobbi's are the best. What brush would you recommend applying it with?

I wear the Espresso ALL the time its my fave. I use this very thin slanted short handle eyelining brush from Bare Escentuals "full-edged liner" gives me a perfect line every time.

Also, I just bought Smashbox's liquid pen liner & it is the bomb!!!! Very thin nib which gives a beautiful thin line against the lash line, goes on lovely & smooth & it never budges. It gets great reveiws & I see why. I still prefer the gel, but this liquid liner is fabu. I got it in the Dark Brown which is just like the BB Espresso

Miss QQ

Anyone seen the spring 2012 collection? There will be a new LE felt tip eye liner. There is also another nude eyeshadow palette lol. I will check out the liner and the palette. The blushes look pretty but probably not unique. http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2011/12/bobbi-brown-neons-nudes-for-spring-2012.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2011/12/bobbi-brown-neons-nudes-for-spring-2012.html

It seems like all BB palettes are nude palettes except at the holidays. Very nice, but I keep thinking I'd like to see something different. I do like the nude/ neon combination idea and that blue shadow looks really lovely.

QueenOfSnark

So it looks like BB's gel liner is my new eyeliner HG, as these stay put like a mofo. Lined my eyes for a Christmas party last weekend and it didn't budge from early that afternoon to WAY into the night. I'm impressed, and now they're going to be my Pokemon (gotta get them all!).

However I keep seeing swatches for a Black Plum liner, but nowhere where I can buy it. Was it LE, or DC'd? Exclusive to a certain retailer?
th_dunno.gif
Also, which is a more warm red-brown, Sepia, Espresso, or Caviar Ink?

elegant-one

So it looks like BB's gel liner is my new eyeliner HG, as these stay put like a mofo. Lined my eyes for a Christmas party last weekend and it didn't budge from early that afternoon to WAY into the night. I'm impressed, and now they're going to be my Pokemon (gotta get them all!).

However I keep seeing swatches for a Black Plum liner, but nowhere where I can buy it. Was it LE, or DC'd? Exclusive to a certain retailer?
th_dunno.gif
Also, which is a more warm red-brown, Sepia, Espresso, or Caviar Ink?

Thats awesome! Its the liner I use ALL the time - none better. Sometimes I use it with other liners. I use Espresso which is a very dark brown. Sepia will be warmer than that.

Fluffyloo

The only one I've tried is the Beach Bronze Liner. I wasn't crazy about it....so sheer I could hardly see it.

pemily

Hey guys, I have the bronze shimmer brick but find its not showing up on my nw35 skin.... Is this normal?
Would love some advice :)

Shadowy Lady

BB's gel liners are my HG...I know super late reply but still thought I contribute. I have Cobalt Ink, Ivy Shimmer and Chocolate Shimmer....my fave outta them is Ivy Shimmer
heart.gif
but they're all awesome!

aradhana

i just picked up one of the 'neons' from the neon and nude collection, ultra-violet, my first foray into bb eyeshadows....and by the end of the day it was completely gone!?? (save for a few magenta sparkles scattered about.) and i was wearing over two-faced shadow insurance, so i'm not sure i understand what happened or why....
now i'm beginning to wonder if i should not have also purchased the nude palette....

katred

Specktra Bestie
i just picked up one of the 'neons' from the neon and nude collection, ultra-violet, my first foray into bb eyeshadows....and by the end of the day it was completely gone!?? (save for a few magenta sparkles scattered about.) and i was wearing over two-faced shadow insurance, so i'm not sure i understand what happened or why....
now i'm beginning to wonder if i should not have also purchased the nude palette....

I looked at both bright shadows from the collection, but they seemed terrible. BB shadows are usually very pigmented, but both of these ones were dry and scratchy and seemed very powdery. I was really disappointed, since I was happy to see her branching out more into colour this Spring.

aradhana

I looked at both bright shadows from the collection, but they seemed terrible. BB shadows are usually very pigmented, but both of these ones were dry and scratchy and seemed very powdery. I was really disappointed, since I was happy to see her branching out more into colour this Spring.
actually, although the tester i tried at murale gave me crappy pay-off and seemed as you described, the one i bought gave very good colour pay-off....it just didn't last!!!?