Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

heart

I'm a big fan of their shimmer bricks. I myself have Nectar and Rose but will probably purchase more later. I've also heard their gel liners were really good--same with their concealers.

BeckyBenett

ive nt tried their shimmer bricks.. i have 2 from the body shop which works well enough for me.. haha im a scrooge..

bt the gel liner and concealer works really well! u shld try it out..

anita22

I'm loving Bobbi's Creamy Lip Colors right now - they have such a lovely balmy feel. I do tend to get quite dry lips no matter how much lip conditioner I use, these are just so moisturising. I have Pink Ballet and just bought Blue Raspberry yesterday - it's understated but beautiful nonetheless.

MAChostage

To be honest, I just recently looked into BB. I have always heard that this was the place to look for foundation if you've got yellow undertones (and I do!). I specifically wanted to try out the new Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15, as I don't have a lot of luck with foundations lasting on me in the summer because of the climate down here (EL Double Wear being the exception). I like the way the Tinted Moisturizer looks on me so I got a sample and will put it to the test this week. I also tried the Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 and that was a joke for my skin because the minute my skin broke any kind of sweat that stuff started coming off fast! My absolute BB fave: the gel eyeliners.

BeckyBenett

To be honest, I just recently looked into BB. I have always heard that this was the place to look for foundation if you've got yellow undertones (and I do!). I specifically wanted to try out the new Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15, as I don't have a lot of luck with foundations lasting on me in the summer because of the climate down here (EL Double Wear being the exception). I like the way the Tinted Moisturizer looks on me so I got a sample and will put it to the test this week. I also tried the Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 and that was a joke for my skin because the minute my skin broke any kind of sweat that stuff started coming off fast! My absolute BB fave: the gel eyeliners.
so have u tried the oil free tinted moisturizer? im quite interested in trying that out as ive bn using the extra spf tinted moisturizer balm bt i feel that is rather oily which is not great for my already oily skin..

MAChostage

^^ I completely forgot to put it on this morning, didn't even think about it! I'll do it tomorrow and report back.
winks.gif

MAChostage

Ok, the Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer looked completely natural on me, like I actually wasn't wearing anything (I have a sample in the Medium-Dark) and left my skin feeling nice. Although I didn't try to build the color at all, I believe that the MUA told me that it is a little buildable. He told me to use a moisturizer before using this product, and then apply it with my fingers. It's been a little cooler here the past couple of days so I'm looking forward to wearing it in full on heat and humidity to see how it fares.

BeckyBenett

Ok, the Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer looked completely natural on me, like I actually wasn't wearing anything (I have a sample in the Medium-Dark) and left my skin feeling nice. Although I didn't try to build the color at all, I believe that the MUA told me that it is a little buildable. He told me to use a moisturizer before using this product, and then apply it with my fingers. It's been a little cooler here the past couple of days so I'm looking forward to wearing it in full on heat and humidity to see how it fares.
hmm is there no coverage at all? and why must you still use a moisturizer with it on? i dont like using too many creamy products on my face as it is rather oily..

MAChostage

There is only a "hint" of coverage. If you're looking for traditional coverage, like to cover blemishes, this isn't the product to use. Oh, and I meant to say in my previous post that the one thing I don't like about it is the smell. It smells -- clinical, like a doctor's office, hospital or something. Sounds odd, I know, but that's what it reminds me of. As for having to use a moisturizer with it, the MUA just said that you should always use a moisturizer with any face product, tinted moisturizers included.
th_dunno.gif

mayette

Help! Is my Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler damaged?

I received this curler the other day, and I think it may be damaged... the bottom part slants to the right. Does anyone know if this is normal for the BB curlers? I tried to get a good photo of it:

Here are two more side photos, I don't know if they will help:

I received this curler as a "let me make it up to you" in a swap... argh. There's also some damage to the left & right metal bars that frame the eye... which makes me think this isn't BN.

Please let me know what you guys think!!

shellygrrl

Staff member
[quote name="MAChostage" url="/forum/thread/76449/bobbi-brown-discussion-must-haves/660#post_2120480"]Oh, and I meant to say in my previous post that the one thing I don't like about it is the smell.  It smells -- clinical, like a doctor's office, hospital or something.
[/quote] Yeah, I don't like the smell, either. To me, it's a bit like a very old bandaid or something. Anyway, I quite like the TM. :) It has just enough coverage to even me out.

Ingenue

I have it. It's been a lifesaver for work. I don't think they make them anymore, and mine is in desperate need of refilling. I'll have to make a foundation run soon...

User38

mayette, that curler looks bent out of shape... sorry.

nursee.. i have the palette and it has been discontinued to the best of my knowledge.. not sure if it's being repackaged.

elegant-one

^^ It looks damaged to me. The left side is very slanted. Does it fit your eyes when you curl the lashes?

Here is info on the fall collection, Tortoise Shell. Interested in the palettes, though not that I need any neutral palettes. I'm curious about the brush set too, though I wish there is a capped lip brush.

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/06/bobbi-brown-tortoise-shell-collection-fall-2011-promo/
Thanks for that. I did swatch both palettes last weekend & the colors although not terribly unique were still pretty. I may get the neutral one for my DIL & the bronze one for me :)