Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

pippa!

Is anyone planning to purchase the Bobbi Brown Tibi Catwalk Set? I just saw it on makeupandbeautyblog and I really want it but would love to know what others think of it!

i have it! received it today along with the eye palette & have been playing all day.

my thoughts - the blusher / pink bronzer is insanely pigmented & you need a really light hand with it! i'm super pale so those kind of shades always need a light hand with me, but i actually couldn't use my normal face brushes with it because they picked up too much even with a light tap, so i've been using the face blender brush provided which is great at picking up just enough (although quite scratchy). the lipgloss is really pretty, really longlasting & not too sticky, and it looks PERFECT with the blush :) the eyeliner bugged me a bit at first because it looks a bit like a muted generic dark shade on? you can't see any of the mauve :( but it's a really nice subtle alternative to my usual blacktrack fluidline, and works really well with the eye palette. the other brush included that i think you're meant to use with the eyeliner is wayyy too thick to use with eyeliner and wouldn't be precise enough, but i think it'll work really well as a portable lip brush so v happy with that :)

and the products look amazing together - i was kind of iffy when i was testing things separately & had a bit of buyers' remorse at the price tag, but once i'd tried them all together - wow! really like it :)

ShesAFoxyLady

Has anyone made an order recently and received the free smokey eye palette they are offering? Just wondering if it is worth making an order for?

I'm wondering how tiny and how pigmented the shadows will be? Anyone have experience with bobbi brown free gifts - are they usually ok?

P.S... If I do order, it's going to be the rich lip colour 'Bikini Pink' - it looks very nice although I do wonder if I need another pink lipstick...
blush-anim-cl.gif

anita22

I haven't seen Bobbi Brown give these mini palettes away in the UK before, though I think they have done so in the US before so hopefully someone can tell us. I placed my order today to get the free palette so if it arrives before the promo finishes I'll let you know what it's like! I've had Graphite Shimmer Ink gel liner on my want-list for a very long time now, so this was the perfect excuse to actually buy it ;-) I'm expecting the palette to be quite small, but I think it's still a great deal anyway to be able to try out so many of her products.
Has anyone made an order recently and received the free smokey eye palette they are offering? Just wondering if it is worth making an order for?

I'm wondering how tiny and how pigmented the shadows will be? Anyone have experience with bobbi brown free gifts - are they usually ok?

P.S... If I do order, it's going to be the rich lip colour 'Bikini Pink' - it looks very nice although I do wonder if I need another pink lipstick...
blush-anim-cl.gif

anita22

Sorry, I'm not sure yet - I had it delivered to work but didn't go into the office today, will let you know when I get it!

Edit: I checked today and it still hasnt arrived yet - boo.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Bobbi hasn't released a new Shimmer Brick in forever - Any word or speculation on whether any will be released later this year? I wonder if there will be a new launch now that the F&F sale is over...

ShesAFoxyLady

Aww, nevermind - thank you anyway
smiles.gif

I think I'll just go ahead and make an order today before the free palette offer ends. Trouble is, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted (the rich lip colour in bikini pink) but now, I've had a look at the gel eyeliners on the website and graphite shimmer looks luuuurvley!! I've never used a gel liner before but I like the fact that this would be a nice daytime alternative to solid black.
I don't really want to splurge on more makeup this month but I am very tempted to order both items now... argh!!
ban2.gif

Hope your goodies arrive soon!

anita22

Well, it finally arrived!!
The palette is about the size of a credit card (but a bit thicker). So it's very small. Each eyeshadow only has 0.7g of product. However, if you're anything like me and never actually finish anything, that's maybe not such an issue. Her regular sized eyeshadows are much bigger, but then they retail for 15 pounds each, so to get 5 shades in a freebie is pretty good. Apart from Rockstar (a shimmery silver) the colours are all matte - they are Ivory (creamy white), Cement (light taupe brown), Heather (a purply taupe) and Caviar (black). As a basic day-to-night palette it's very good - most if not all shades should work on everyone.

The gel liners really are nice, I nearly always wear a gel liner on my lower lashline since it's just about the only thing that won't smudge on me.
Did you end up placing an order?

ShesAFoxyLady

Unfortunately, I logged on late last night to place my order (having decided I would like to go with the gel liner) and discovered that the code must have ended at midnight that morning/the night before (when it said the offer ended 15th april, i thought that would be last night not the night of the 14th - if that makes any sense!).

I'm absolutely gutted - I was really excited to try out my first bobbi brown goodies too
cry.gif
Didn't help that I'd already had the day from hell so I wasn't a happy bunny last night (or this morning to be honest
cry.gif
).

Really pleased you like it though - it sounds like a really good deal. I love smokey eye palettes, esp with matte shadows
yes.gif

Hope you're loving the liner too!

ETA - does anyone know if bobbi brown UK regularly sends special offers via their mailing list?

anita22

Unfortunately, I logged on late last night to place my order (having decided I would like to go with the gel liner) and discovered that the code must have ended at midnight that morning/the night before (when it said the offer ended 15th april, i thought that would be last night not the night of the 14th - if that makes any sense!).
I'm absolutely gutted - I was really excited to try out my first bobbi brown goodies too
cry.gif
Didn't help that I'd already had the day from hell so I wasn't a happy bunny last night (or this morning to be honest
cry.gif
).

Really pleased you like it though - it sounds like a really good deal. I love smokey eye palettes, esp with matte shadows
yes.gif

Hope you're loving the liner too!

ETA - does anyone know if bobbi brown UK regularly sends special offers via their mailing list?

Oh no....!! :( I would have assumed the same thing.. A bit misleading really!
In terms of the offers they usually send out, usually they will offer things like free shipping or deluxe samples (eg. mascara, skincare) on quite a regular basis. I believe they've offered a free sample-sized lip palettes before - this is the first time I've seen them offer an eye palette, but that's not to say they won't do it again.
If you're keen to try out her products without spending a fortune, you could try Ebay (like MAC, Bobbi Brown is more expensive in the UK than in the US). She also often has kits online - they're not cheap, but you do save a lot compared to buying the products individually - such as this one: http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product...es/Glamour-Eye-Set/Limited-Edition/index.tmpl
Before Xmas she does lots of amazing value kits, palettes and brush sets as well. And if you're ever near a Cosmetics Company Outlet in the UK, they sell BB products there too at outlet prices (since it's a Lauder brand).

shontay07108

I went to a BB counter today to test the new concealer that comes with a powder. The MUA that helped me out also suggested a corrector. I wanted to get color matched. She tried bisque on one eye. It was ok. Then, she tried Dark Peach Corrector and put the Golden concealer over it and BAM! I liked it a lot. I came home with it, looked in the mirror and said this is it. I may buy both tomorrow. They work well. I was surprised that such a light powder with the concealer didn't look cakey at all. She put on a generous amount of the extra eye repair beforehand. I really like the smell of it. I don't know if I will buy it, though. My Mac Fast Response leaves my skin feeling just fine and works well with my current concealer. I am excited to buy the corrector and concealer and play on my own. Also, she told me I am a Warm Almond(6.5) in foundation so I may check that out one day, too.

BeckyBenett

I went to a BB counter today to test the new concealer that comes with a powder. The MUA that helped me out also suggested a corrector. I wanted to get color matched. She tried bisque on one eye. It was ok. Then, she tried Dark Peach Corrector and put the Golden concealer over it and BAM! I liked it a lot. I came home with it, looked in the mirror and said this is it. I may buy both tomorrow. They work well. I was surprised that such a light powder with the concealer didn't look cakey at all. She put on a generous amount of the extra eye repair beforehand. I really like the smell of it. I don't know if I will buy it, though. My Mac Fast Response leaves my skin feeling just fine and works well with my current concealer. I am excited to buy the corrector and concealer and play on my own. Also, she told me I am a Warm Almond(6.5) in foundation so I may check that out one day, too.
im gg to try the new concealer once im done with my current one.. i hve to say tt pressed powder probably works better. i just got a corrector so yup! cant wait to try the new concealer kit! i love BB eye concealers.. i only use theirs. i have an old mac one which ive completely neglected in favour of BB's corrector and concealer..

Twinkle_Twinkle

OMG - OMG, I'm channeling Usher right now. I saw this thread and went to the Bobbi Brown site to revisit the correctors and low and behold, there are new shades of the matte bronzer (original, not Illuminating). Two shades called Deep Chocolate and Rich Cocoa have been added. My heart just skipped several beats! I can not WAIT until normal business hours so that I can live chat with an artist about this!!!!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Just in case anyone is interested, I had a Live Chat today on the BB website about the new bronzer shades in the Almost Bare Collection (which look to be Limited Edition) and here is an excerpt of the chat:

Jessica : I currently have both Dark and Deep bronzers and love them both and I was wondering if you could describe how Deep Chocolate and Rich Cocoa compare to them
Lisa: The new shades are designed perfectly for your skin tone. [I am Warm Walnut (7.5) in the new foundation formulas] Would you say that your skin is more golden or cinnamon in color?
Jessica : A little of both
Lisa: The Deep Chocolate will be similar to the Deep shade, but a bit darker, while the Rich Choclate will be similar to the Dark shade, just a little richer.
Jessica : So both of these bronzers are darker than Deep and Dark?
Lisa: That is correct.

The bronzers are available at counters and online. I got both today. As stated, both are darker than Deep and Dark, but also more brown (as anyone who has seen or owns Dark knows, it is very red, which I actually like as it is useful in the summertime especially for compensating for the redness my skin takes on and undercutting the yellow that is then more prevalent in my foundation). Rich Cocoa is the lighter of the two (although definitely not light) and reminds me of the now discontinued MUFE Mat Bronzer, which I swatched a few times but never purchased. And Deep Chocolate is like the richer, darker sister of Deep. Gorgeous. I would back it up if I thought I would ever run out - And who knows, if I love it on my face as much as I do in the pan, then perhaps I will.

ARmakeupjunkie

Just in case anyone is interested, I had a Live Chat today on the BB website about the new bronzer shades in the Almost Bare Collection (which look to be Limited Edition) and here is an excerpt of the chat:

Jessica : I currently have both Dark and Deep bronzers and love them both and I was wondering if you could describe how Deep Chocolate and Rich Cocoa compare to them
Lisa: The new shades are designed perfectly for your skin tone. [I am Warm Walnut (7.5) in the new foundation formulas] Would you say that your skin is more golden or cinnamon in color?
Jessica : A little of both
Lisa: The Deep Chocolate will be similar to the Deep shade, but a bit darker, while the Rich Choclate will be similar to the Dark shade, just a little richer.
Jessica : So both of these bronzers are darker than Deep and Dark?
Lisa: That is correct.

The bronzers are available at counters and online. I got both today. As stated, both are darker than Deep and Dark, but also more brown (as anyone who has seen or owns Dark knows, it is very red, which I actually like as it is useful in the summertime especially for compensating for the redness my skin takes on and undercutting the yellow that is then more prevalent in my foundation). Rich Cocoa is the lighter of the two (although definitely not light) and reminds me of the now discontinued MUFE Mat Bronzer, which I swatched a few times but never purchased. And Deep Chocolate is like the richer, darker sister of Deep. Gorgeous. I would back it up if I thought I would ever run out - And who knows, if I love it on my face as much as I do in the pan, then perhaps I will.

Thank you so much for the information. I was just looking at the new shades on the website and was not sure which one would work for me.

fleur de lis

I've just seen on Temptalia that Bobbi Brown have brought out an oil free tinted moisturiser. I'm really pleased! Has anyone tried it yet?

anita22

I've just seen on Temptalia that Bobbi Brown have brought out an oil free tinted moisturiser. I'm really pleased! Has anyone tried it yet?

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm curious - especially as to how it compares to the MAC Studio Moisture Tint and the Clinique Moisture Surge, given these are all made by Estee Lauder? I have the MAC one as well as the Clinique one (in the tube - I think they have it in a bottle now) and couldn't tell any difference in the formula, it was like the exact same product in different packaging. So I wonder if the Bobbi one is any different... hopefully it is!