Boys In Make-Up...opinions.

littlemakeupboy

alright well here is an opinion from a male

the way i look at it
your face is a blank canvas,makeup is a way to "paint" it
i say go for whatever YOU think looks good,have fun with makeup thats what it's made for

i wear it because its fun,i'm a creative person and its just another way for me to express my creativity

tons of straight men wear makeup,actors,newscasters,models,
i think anyone can wear some eyeliner and some foundation just to enhance their features

Lucy In The Sky...

I think that if a guy wants to wear make up then you know what go for it and more power to ya. I know that some people don't like the idea, but their opinion just has to do with how they were brought up. If girls can wear makeup then guys can too! Personally I think makeup looks good on everyone (if applied correctly of course...no one wants lipstick on their cheeks and teeth! unless you really do...). I think that a guy who wears makeup has a lot more confidence and is more comfortable with themselves as a person. Besides, it doesn't matter what any one else thinks, the only thing that matters is if it makes you happy!!!

oh cool, you're from Daygo! how awesome, hi!
wavey.gif

giz2000

I love boys in makeup...we get a lot of them at the counters here in Miami.

When I was getting application certified, my husband let me practice putting false lashes on him...it was great (too bad I didn't get a pic!)

I did have a customer come to the counter once...he was an older man who had recently had a heart transplant...his face was very sallow and he had these incredible dark circles under his eyes. He was there with his wife. He had seen "Queer Eye" and asked about the Studio Fix that was featured on an episode. He was a little embarrased, but really wanted to look better. His wife was an ass...making stupid little comments to him about his wearing makeup..I tried to make him feel as comfortable as possible. showing him how to apply the SF without it looking obvious (I suggested Moisture Feed underneath, which he fell in love with!)..and showed him how to conceal the circles. In the end, he looked great...he was so happy, he glowed! I was glad that MAC was able to make him feel good about himself...after all, that's what makeup is all about!

MissMarley

I think it's great- I remember as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, her husband-to-be grabbed me before the ceremony and said "please, can you cover this zit? i want to look my best for her"

hell, if men have the confidence and the desire, i think they should go for it. however, as with women, they need to put it on right or not wear it at all! that's true of ANYONE who wears makeup- no one wants to see a mask of foundation four shades off and lipstick on your teeth!
lol.gif

and boys in smudgy black eyeliner- SO HOT.

flowerhead

I love makeup, I don't wear it religiously but when I do it's powder, eyeshadow, liquid liner and mascara. Makeup on boys should be theatrical to some extent, I believe, not to enhance natural beauty like girls...does that make any sense?

MissMarley

absolutely makes sense to me...there was a feature in ellegirl this month on rock stars' makeup bags...all males...all wore black mac fluidline or kohl!! so hott...

Vicky88

I have no problem with it, if girls can wear makeup then why can't boys?!

I'd just like to ask a question though, if you don't mind? I saw a couple of boys on LJ communities, maybe the same one you saw, whatever, but he wasn't dressing up as a woman or anything. He was a boy with a typical "boy hairstyle", wore boys clothes and didn't want to be a girl... see, I've never come across this before, I always assumed that only transvestites/transexuals wore make up. And I actually feel pretty ashamed, cos I'm Ms. Liberal, seriously lol. But yeah, doesn't bother me, I just wondered what made him want to wear makeup. lol

Sorry, that wasn't really a question. Just a ramble.
greengrin.gif

Miss_Behave

guys in make-up? hell ya!!! I wish I could convience my BF to wear kohl!

I think everybody can wear make-up as long as it's done right.
my ex boss (and he wasn't gay) always wore foundation that was way too orange, so I told him. actually he was pretty happy that someone told him and not only talking about his back that he wore foundation at all. well he went and bought another and everything was fine.

so yeah go guys, wear make-up!

gnippy

I wouldn't want my husband to wear mu. In that aspect I am against men wearing mu. But to each is own. If a man wants to wear mu that is up to him. If the woman he is with or who wants to get with him is okay w/that, then so be it.

DaisyDee

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Throughout history men have painted themselves as much as, if not more in some cultures, than women.

We're all entitled to adorn ourselves.
smiles.gif

On a side note, look at Dave Navarro...he is FREAKIN HAWT and he wears make-up and nail polish...YUM!

circusflavouredgum

I think whatever anyone wants to do is cool with me. I have know loads of musicians who wore makeup to be more creative and theatrical (regardless of sexual preference) and loads of men who wear 'drag queen' makeup to perform or to go out on big nights. It's not a big deal to me or anything unusual... I think if you like it, then wear it!

My hubs doesn't wear makeup cos it's not his kind of thing but he has used concealer on a spot before. I don't know how I would feel if he suddenly wanted to wear a full face of eyeliner, blush and shadows everyday, because he is not the type to be creative with his appearance. If he did it in a really theatrical way, I think it would be cool but if he started trying to feminise his appearance, I think I would wonder why he suddenly felt the need.

DaisyDee

On a funnier note...
I told my teenage son that I think eyeliner on guys is cool looking and he looked at me as if I were an alien.
icon_eek.gif
rofl.gif

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee
On a funnier note...
I told my teenage son that I think eyeliner on guys is cool looking and he looked at me as if I were an alien.
icon_eek.gif
rofl.gif

my younger bro (hs senior) wears kohl when he's playing sports (soccer & baseball) & sometimes just for fun

last fall, one of the football guys asked him to show how to wear it b/c all the girls thought he was "hawt"
rofl.gif

i don't really get why it's such a big deal, if only that girl knew that MALE actors have to wear m/u...some people's kids :confused:

OldSoulsBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnkCosmo
Hey now...I'm a female hairdresser, and I've been told many, many times that I KICK ASS!!!! I've even "rescued" some hair that was butchered by a male hairdresser. As I said before, talent does not have anything to do with gender.

Ditto! And it burns me to no end that people automatically think all male hairdressers are awesome! I've seen some women leave chairs looking awful and think it was amazing just because their male hairdresser put the flirt on them.

As for boys in makeup....as long as it is properly done (i.e. doesnt look like "buffalo bill" a la Silence of the Lambs) I am all for it! I actually think it's quite hot. Not to mention the fact that some men need it. They shouldn't have to walk around with dark circles or blemishes. They have the right to cover up just as much as we do!

JGunnar

I don't care. Although I do hate a man with eyeliner and ltos of black smeared around his eyes. But if a man feels he needs a little concealar or powder. No prob.

Drag queens are awesome as well and the exception to this. Haha.

DaisyDee

Billy Joe Armstrong from Green Day is so ADORABLE! He wears loads of eyeliner and it looks awesome!
smiles.gif

asteffey

I think makeup is art. Boys should be able to do art too. Gender is not an issue when makeup is in question, the artist just forms art.