Boys In Make-Up...opinions.

shelavou

Re: Thoughts of guys wearing Make-up

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I just hate when they wear eyeliner for 10. Or in general can't put it on right and go out like that.

If you like it, can wear it GO FOR IT!
And fuck all the people who judge you on it, cause if their girls they probably can't apply it as good as you
smiles.gif

ncsugrl09

I know I'm a wee bit late but I wanted to chime in too. There will ALWAYS be people in existence who will criticize anything that stands out, is out of the ordinary or crosses the gender typed roles we're stereotyped into believing from the moment we're born *aka boys are blue and girls are pink. no switching!* but I've come to the conclusion these types of people...aren't worth caring about their opinions anyway. As a sociology major, I hope these perceptions do change in the future, but as for now...the people that matter won't care so I say rock it! I love the confidence of a boy with eyeliner
greengrin.gif

as Dr. Seuss said "those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter"
yes.gif

X4biddenxLustX

I have absolutely no issues with guys and makeup. Alot of men could actually benefit really from a little bit of concealer or tinted moisturizer at the least. I think most people are just afraid of whats different from there idea of the "norm" and there first reaction is to become hostile in a way towards it. It's sad though because theres nothing wrong with being different its what makes someone interesting and its what makes you, well you. So don't let those fools get to you, in the end your the one that needs to be happy!

candelapura

People constantly tell me that they would like me better or stop harrassing me if I wasn't so effiminate or I didn't wear makeup. Everyone around me desperately wants me to succumb to this. I just don't get why. It is hard to put up with the shit that I do. But it would kill me to have to hide who truly am day after day, ust so people will accept me.

[/quote]

I dealt with this on a different issue and my advice to you is, don't hide who you are so people will accept you. Instead, only let people be close to you who like you as you are. However, the hard truth is that you have to accept being marginalized and that many people won't accept you/treat you with respect. That makes everything in life harder. So you have to learn to blow it off when people try to make you feel bad for who you are, and when you can't avoid people who would put you down for it, you need to protect yourself. Could you wear makeup in a way so that you would look better but they wouldn't be able to say for sure that you were wearing it?

Remember that your opinion of yourself is all that matters, and cultivate your strengths while letting people's attempts to make you feel bad slide right off. Some will stop treating you bad when they see how strong you are. Those who don't stop you have to minimize contact with.

X4biddenxLustX

^^ True true. There's always going to be people out there for whatever reason will constantly be criticizing you on things. It's hard but you have to learn how to let it go and hold your head up high and really just not care about what they think.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I know a few guys that were make-up, it doesnt bother me in the slightest. I think its good how there is very few guys that actually have the guts to do it. The people who say things like that are the ones with the problem! They will be the ones who will be boring and follow the crowd. Remember all the best make-up artists are men
greengrin.gif
. Dont let these people change who you are x

Fataliya

I say screw em all. There was a time when it wasn't ok for women to wear pants, either.

There was a time when African Americans and women weren't allowed to vote.

And that was the "social norm".

Times change. Sadly, some people don't. They're stuck in their ways, and all we can do is avoid them the best we can.

Remind these people that back in the 18th century (hope I'm right on the time frame), men used to wear powdered wigs, makeup and stockings.

caffn8me

Hey Robby, I hope you don't feel your thread has been steam-rollered by being merged with the previous thread on boys in makeup. It has a lot of very interesting posts which are worth reading.

My own thoughts are explained pretty clearly here.

I think it's great you have the confidence to wear makeup to express yourself. I'm sorry some bigots you encounter are just too small minded to appreciate it. I think they're probably secretly jealous
winks.gif

rbella

It's not like it is hurting anyone so, who cares? I think most men do makeup better than women (my experience from the ma's that I've had do my mu). However, it does hurt me when a dude looks better in makeup than me. That makes me sad.
ssad.gif

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
However, it does hurt me when a dude looks better in makeup than me. That makes me sad.
ssad.gif

th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif

i don't really mind guys in makeup. prince's eyeliner has ALWAYS be emaculate. dave navarro could get it from me with all 10 pounds of his eyeliner.
david cook (american idol) has been sporting the eyeliner lately and i honestly like the plain face dave more but the eyeliner looks kind of good on him.... hehehe
graucho.gif

Prinsesa

Lol all celebrities that are men wears make-up everytime they do a photoshoot or film for a movie/commercials/tv shows. Channing Tatum, Edward Cullen (Lol forgot his real name), Jonas Brothers etc. All..of..them.

P.S. I'd hate it if a dude's makeup is better than mine as well lol

AdlersMommy22

To each their own, honestly. I dont love men in makeup, and i dont hate men in makeup. Im neutral... in switzerland
winks.gif
... I really dont care either way... personally I wouldn't date a guy that wore makeup... just because thats not the kinda guy im into. I also wouldnt date a guy who didnt love sports. Just because im obsessed and need a man to sit and watch sports with... just a preference I have---- but honestly, who cares if a guy's wearing makeup. If you dont like it, dont date them-- or look the other way. Get over it.

but ill tell you something, if the guy is wearing the wrong shade foundation, I'll be sure to let him know-- just like I'll let any of my girlfriends know.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
i dont care. and i really dont know why anyone else does. i mean i wouldnt bang a guy in eyeliner but to each his own.

I put eyeliner on my boyfriend for a New Years event, I banged him shortly after. It was hot!

Curly1908

I don't have ANY issue with gay men wearing makeup. (I love to see their looks, actually.) Or with emo/punk dudes rocking eyeliner, but hetero dudes rocking makeup? Uhh...no.
nope.gif

I do like for them to get mani/pedi's and to take care of their skin.
girl_devil.gif

sayah

My friend who's a boy is getting to learn more about skincare and makeup. I'm thinking a little concealer and some foundation, browgel and better skincare than soap and water. Nothing fancy, but still that little ammount annoys people. Just talking about it. I don't get it! He's like me, thinks it's funny what you can do with makeup. Highlighting and countouring etc.

So no, I don't have any problems with boys wearing makeup. Why should we girls get all the fun?

deadSAVVY

I love that men have came out of this conformist society to embrace something that can be considered taboo for them. When I first grabbed a make-up brush, I was totally inspired and awed by a man with this very polished and full face on! (MAC store!!) I love it, along with anything that will boost one's confidence. Even if it isn't suitable for the occassion, if you're happy then why the hell not?? To each their own. I'm from Los Angeles originally and everyone there does their own thing, or follows the crowd. I usually wear bright, or dramatic mu just because that's me and it is my form of expressing creativity, but when I moved out to the "boonies" PA, I felt the prolonged stares from these people. I've never criticized them because they haven't been exposed to something different out of their bubble. Some people will just remain uncultured, either until they are ready to accept differences or never. Sometimes you'll just have to be the person to sort of expose them to modern culture. Most of the townspeople are real religious and conservative out here which I find hypocritical. I am shunned for wearing makeup louder than yours, while your sons and daughters get high and pregnant under your noses. whatev.

To each their own!

Mabelle

I duno if i;ve posted in this thread before. If i have, forgo my old post; this is where "it's at" lol.

I dont mind men wearing makeup. I cannot however stand guys that JUST do foundation, eyeliner (black and smudgy) and a neutral lip gloss. I just don;t feel it looks right!
My real beef lies with black eyeliner. I really do find it 100% revolting.
Lip gloss is kind of unsettling for me. When i think of glossy lips i think seductive, sensual, luscious, plump.... not word i usually associate with men. And thats ok. I think the worst part for me, is that gloss is usually always sticky and thick. Seeing a man with smacking his lips with sticky goopy gloss (and it all is!) is.... not to my tastes.

Foundation is ok if it's applied properly. A lot of the time it gets funky over the would be beard.

That being said, do what makes you happy. It may give me the heeby jebese, but thats ok! I dont have to look at you all day, so go for it! I wouldn't want my bf decked out, but i'm not really physically attracted to that kind of guy, so no worries.

Now, a guy who can rock some crazy silvery or teal eyeshadow, at is prety freakin cool! Again, not for a date, but for hanging out with, doing coffe, why the hell not?

Latest posts