"Bro-mance"?

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
LOLOL.
Have any of them ever said.. I am not gay or I don't feel anything for the other guy?
!

Actions speak louder than words, I suppose.

But I've flirted with him, I've talked to him. He's so awesome and... so fucking SEXY!
Maybe I'm just in denial. my brain hurts.
I need to observe them more closely.

But seriously, thanks for all your input. Keep it coming. I need more opinions.

OfficerJenny

I would be very surprised if they were gay, to be honest.

Quite a few straight guys in my area act like that, it's quite obnoxious, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about on the orientation side, though it still might take time from a potential relationship you would want to form :c

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny

Quite a few straight guys in my area act like that, it's quite obnoxious, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about on the orientation side, though it still might take time from a potential relationship you would want to form :c

really?? they act like that in front of females?
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

Ok I will totally trust Chad on this one!! I think they are just immature and weird as hell...But some boys never grow up!

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
th_dunno.gif

Yea, if anything I'd say that one of them is gay/bi and the other is quite straight. Boys are just boys, they act like that for attention. Once they graduate they won't even considering doing it anymore. I see it all the time XD

though I'm not a professional, Even if Tish thinks I am!
tong.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Yea, if anything I'd say that one of them is gay/bi and the other is quite straight. Boys are just boys, they act like that for attention. Once they graduate they won't even considering doing it anymore. I see it all the time XD

though I'm not a professional, Even if Tish thinks I am!
tong.gif

yes.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Holly

My friend Susanas brother, and his best friends do all the things youve described, grab each others crotches, etc. and even pee together sometimes! And almost all of them are married!

So your guy might be straight...?
th_dunno.gif

Guys are just CRAZY lol
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
th_dunno.gif

They're macho jocks. Not saying macho jocks can't be homosexual, but they do like to be boisterous and they do like attention.
I'm sure their little games and touchy-feeliness are for show. But I can definitely sense something a little more than just two straight dudes messing around. I'm not exaggerating when I say they act like BFs. They love each other.
Keep that in mind. It's sweet.
smiles.gif

I'll get over it.

OfficerJenny

Mutual masturbation isn't uncommon among teenage boys.

Just wanted to throw that in there, it sounded necessary.

User93

Kensie i'm just errrr....
huh2.gif

I think its way more normal for girls to do that. Dressing up, cuddling each other, kissing each other, sleeping together in a bed. Still, even that crsses limits sometimes. In my group there are these 2 girls, sitting on each other lap, one always acting like another one, they even have our local facebook status as "engaged" just for fun. Both are straigh, but yeah, it caused some talks.

I dont think its normal for guys, really. Maybe there should be some deeper reasons, like they dont feel safe, they need a shoulder to lean on etc.. But I agree with Tish's son, man that just not normal. What, these 2 found out some men like seeing girls together and have a thing for it, so they decided to use the same tactics to get chicks? Aint working.

No really, sitting on each other lap and touching each other "there".. or anywhere actually would be too much. Im sure that if some dude tried touching my bf intimately he would be like "wtf dude?
WTF2.gif
" and run
tumbleweed.gif
hahhaha.

florabundance

Sounds like that's just their schtick.
I've actually experienced guys like this often haha..and all the super macho "real" men accuse them of being gay and whatever..when really, they're not.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
I think its way more normal for girls to do that. Dressing up, cuddling each other, kissing each other, sleeping together in a bed. Still, even that crsses limits sometimes. In my group there are these 2 girls, sitting on each other lap, one always acting like another one, they even have our local facebook status as "engaged" just for fun. Both are straigh, but yeah, it caused some talks.

I dont think its normal for guys, really. Maybe there should be some deeper reasons, like they dont feel safe, they need a shoulder to lean on etc.. But I agree with Tish's son, man that just not normal. What, these 2 found out some men like seeing girls together and have a thing for it, so they decided to use the same tactics to get chicks? Aint working.

There definitely is that double-standard. Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
Sounds like that's just their schtick.

I'm thinking that too.

Thanks everyone.

kimmy

who's stopping you from getting in on their action?
graucho.gif

but srsly though, i know a girl that was dating a guy who was really close with his bestie and it didn't work out very well because she and the guy never had any alone time and that's important in a commited relationship. if you're gonna date him, plan on dating his best bud, too because it doesn't sound like they're gonna part for anyone right now.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
who's stopping you from getting in on their action?
graucho.gif

but srsly though, i know a girl that was dating a guy who was really close with his bestie and it didn't work out very well because she and the guy never had any alone time and that's important in a commited relationship. if you're gonna date him, plan on dating his best bud, too because it doesn't sound like they're gonna part for anyone right now.

That's my biggest worry. his friend is a cool guy and I'm all for threesomes but.. it could get a little old. :/

I'm just going to give up and remain friends with him. I think it's the smarter thing to do for the both of us.

BinkysBaby

I saw that episode of The Tyra Banks Show and I thought that ALL of the men on the show were suspect regarding their sexuality. I think that they all had girlfriends because they did not want to fess up to be gay. I actually had a situation that involved this Bromance stuff.

I am a lesbian but many years ago when I was dating men, I had a good friend (we'll call him Anthony) and a boyfriend (we'll call him Thomas). They became close friends and hung out ALL of the time; even when I was not involved in the shin dig. Anthony would call Thomas an ask Thomas to bring him food, to come over and watch movies and crazy stuff like that. Thomas would even spend a night at Anthony's house. I really didn't think anything about it because I don't think that I cared too much because I knew that I loved women (and I was honest with Thomas about that before we started dating) and I was not sleeping with Thomas.

Lo and behold Anthony left a note on my car one night saying that him and Thomas had been sleeping together. Not once, not twice....they were sex buddies. They did it ALL with each other and Thomas was still saying he was not gay.

My advice.......RUN fast!!!!! That man has tendencies and you should not have to second guess your love interest's sexuality.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I'm all for threesomes

well, well...i know a little place!
graucho.gif
lol.gif
kidding! sorry my mind's been in the gutter ALL day, and i just can't seem to scrape it up out of there.

i think staying friends is a capital idea! that way if he does grow out of this, the option of a romantic relationship will still be there.
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

Thanks everyone. You've all given some great and interesting advice. I'm just not going to pursue anything because I don't want to be someone's beard.

Now, I have to give you all an update on this. We were discussing Prop 8 at their basketball practice and then his bud looks at him and says, " I guess we won't be getting married". They laughed it off as a joke but the first thing I thought of when he said it was this Bro-mance thread.
I know they can't be serious because even if they were actually gay, it's not like they'd be talking about getting married to the whole basketball team.
And I've noticed they call each other "baby".
Not like "Oooh, baby! I love you." but the same way guys just... call each other baby. Y'know?

Okay. :/

But I can still check him out when he's got his shirt off, right?
tong.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
And I've noticed they call each other "baby".
Not like "Oooh, baby! I love you." but the same way guys just... call each other baby. Y'know?
tong.gif

Huhh uhhhh
th_dunno.gif