"Bro-mance"?

User93

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes

...but the same way guys just... call each other baby. Y'know?

tong.gif

... I don't
shockt.gif
lol.gif

You know, I gotta in some part agree that maybe they just do it for attention! When I was back at school guys in my class used to somehow joke like that. But this touching thing worries me though
nonono.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Simply Elegant

When I was in high school I noticed this a lot with guys. They'd grab each other at school were really touchy feely especially the guys who were on sports teams. So I wouldn't automatically think they're gay. A lot of the time it's the guys who seem most uncomfortable are questioning themselves so to do this in front of people might mean they're more comfortable. Or maybe he's bi, so then you'd still have a chance.

carandru

^^Ok, maybe I'm crazy, but this stuff WAS NOT happening when I was in high school. Albeit, that was 1998-2002, but I can't see how it would change that much.

I also went to a school that was a bit segregated and there were different sets of rules for each group. But even with the more liberal groups, this whole crotch grabbing thing was not going on AT ALL. The most they would do is smack your butt and this was only during some sports related activity.

In the other groups, if a guy tried to grab their crotch, there would have been some cursing and probably a fight. Have schools really changed that much in 6 years?

But then again, this is the not the craziest thing I heard of happening in schools today sadly... don't even get me started on the sex bracelets.

user79

Honestly, it sounds like one of them at least is gay or at least bi-curious.

My best friend in high school had a huge crush on another guy, and I told her, "But, he's gay!" Everyone got really mad at me, because how could I say such a thing? Well anyhow, they dated for a while, broke up, lots of heart ache...

Well I lost touch with most people in high school but through facebook I found out this guy is now married...to another man.

So yeah, trust your instincts on this one. I don't know any straight guy that will rub another guy's back, sit on his lap, or caress his face...

TISH1124

I always refer to my 17 y/o stepson....He is like Manly Man...get on my nerves he's so hard kinda dude...he said, as I quote..."Yep, Mom, My B-Ball Boyz and I do say Baby to each other sometimes......But it's like...Yo, What Up Big baby, Howz It hangin' " (I am quoting!) God Help me!

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
^^Ok, maybe I'm crazy, but this stuff WAS NOT happening when I was in high school. Albeit, that was 1998-2002, but I can't see how it would change that much.

I also went to a school that was a bit segregated and there were different sets of rules for each group. But even with the more liberal groups, this whole crotch grabbing thing was not going on AT ALL. The most they would do is smack your butt and this was only during some sports related activity.

In the other groups, if a guy tried to grab their crotch, there would have been some cursing and probably a fight. Have schools really changed that much in 6 years?

But then again, this is the not the craziest thing I heard of happening in schools today sadly... don't even get me started on the sex bracelets.

I graduated in 2005 so there really shouldn't be much difference. I think it just depends more where you live I guess.

I think it's a phase because I don't see older guys doing this now.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I always refer to my 17 y/o stepson....He is like Manly Man...get on my nerves he's so hard kinda dude...he said, as I quote..."Yep, Mom, My B-Ball Boyz and I do say Baby to each other sometimes......But it's like...Yo, What Up Big baby, Howz It hangin' " (I am quoting!) God Help me!

greengrin.gif
That made me laugh! BTW you do NOT look old enough to have a 17yr old stepson, you look abut 17 yourself!! I want your genes damnit!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
greengrin.gif
That made me laugh! BTW you do NOT look old enough to have a 17yr old stepson, you look abut 17 yourself!! I want your genes damnit!

winkiss.gif
My new BFF ...

Girl this dude gets on my nerves...I always ask him...do you talk to your Mom this way...he says...No just you...
WTF2.gif
He thinks we are bff's...

Shimmer

My brother's been to war twice, now for the third time he's left, with his best friend. They do literally everything together. One doesn't make a decision without the other. They're not codependent or gay or anything like that, they're just...two people who've been through hell and back together.

Shadowy Lady

Dude Kensie, I think most def one of them is gay.

I agree with other posters, high schools have changes so much. I graduated HS in 2001 and there was no guy sitting on another guy's lap, or guy calling another guy baby. We had gay ppl, and straight ppl and that was it :/

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
My brother's been to war twice, now for the third time he's left, with his best friend. They do literally everything together. One doesn't make a decision without the other. They're not codependent or gay or anything like that, they're just...two people who've been through hell and back together.

But do they usually touch each other genitals and caress each other's faces? I have nothing against boys being bffs. But, I really do find all that touching to be strange based on my experiences.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
But do they usually touch each other genitals and caress each other's faces? I have nothing against boys being bffs. But, I really do find all that touching to be strange based on my experiences.

no.
They're not bashful about walking through the house naked, but that's likely more because of the military background than anything else. They're also not shy about yanking trailing nosehairs out or something like that if one or the other is slacking on grooming.

TISH1124

Quote:

I can understand this completely...These two guys have been through life changing struggles...One can only imagine how it would be going to war without someone you can completely trust with your life. That should make for a serious bond.

But did they do this in high school at 17 ?

Shimmer

Quote:
I can understand this completely...These two guys have been through life changing struggles...One can only imagine how it would be going to war without someone you can completely trust with your life. That should make for a serious bond.

But did they do this in high school at 17 ?

Fair point, and it goes onto what I was trying to say without saying it...
I'd consider it weird if they were this close and hadn't been to war together, I can't imagine two guys being that close without the life changing struggles.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
When I was in high school I noticed this a lot with guys. They'd grab each other at school were really touchy feely especially the guys who were on sports teams. So I wouldn't automatically think they're gay. A lot of the time it's the guys who seem most uncomfortable are questioning themselves so to do this in front of people might mean they're more comfortable. Or maybe he's bi, so then you'd still have a chance.

I agree. I think they do it because they're really comfortable with themselves and their sexuality. They aren't really flirtacious with other guys (well, beyond the usual guy stuff)... it's only with each other.

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I meant with the whole "baby" thing. It's like saying "bro" or "dude". Not an affectionate pet name.

Quote:
Fair point, and it goes onto what I was trying to say without saying it...
I'd consider it weird if they were this close and hadn't been to war together, I can't imagine two guys being that close without the life changing struggles.

I don't know if they've gone through anything that intense with each other. They just have a really strong bond.

I'm so paranoid about this post. Like someone who knows them might have a Specktra account, stumble onto this thread, and tell them " Hey, Kensie's on the internet, telling people you're gay!"
ssad.gif

Rennah

Hey Kensie, it's still perfectly okay to check him out with his shirt off!
tong.gif

The truth about these guys will probably come out sooner or later...

chocolategoddes

^^^ lol..true.

I'm noticing quite a few guys I know are really comfortable with showing their affection with each other. Just the today, I saw two guys (hs sophomores) walking to a car with their arms linked... the same way I would with one of my girl friends.
I asked my guy friends and they say they think it's "gay", even though they can be playfully touchy feely as well.

smiles.gif
These guys just need to be careful where they get all "bro-mantic". There are some REALLY conservative people who live in this area.

ginger9

They're only 17!! This is prime time for hormonal overload, sexual confusion, experimentation and that whole ball of wax.

I think you mentioned that they were macho jocks but that is by all means not an indication of more hetro/less homo - there are extremely macho jocks who are gay as they come.

It's hard to say if they are gay or not but I will say this they are definitely experimenting with their homosexuality, testing the boundaries if you will. I work with all guys with the biggest gang bang bromance you'll ever see and they do not sit in each others laps and caress each other and hug etc. Like I said I can't say they are gay but they are experimenting for sure so keep that in mind if you want to get involved. It's possible that they may come out of the closet once they sort it all out.

MsChrys79

I'm gonna say what nobody else will
yes.gif
!!!! SOUNDS GAY AS HELL TO ME!!!
graucho.gif
especially with all the DL stuff going on....leave it alone
nope.gif

chocolategoddes

when you guys say "expirimenting" or "that they're more than friends".. are you implying that possibly they could be having sex... with each other!?

:/