Cancer Awareness Through the Beauty of Color

Medgal07

Gorgeous Kimibos! I LOVE your back-drop of pink roses. Thanks so much for sharing! Sweet.
heart.gif

MAChostage

While I haven't been doing full-faced pink looks, I've been trying to incorporate at least one pink cosmetic color. I've been rocking my Lovemate l/s heavily (thank goodness it's still hanging in there, I love it so much!), along with my pink lip glosses, and incorporating my pink pigments in looks. My church will be holding its Making Strides auction after service tomorrow. We've got baked goods, services, and even pictures drawn by a couple of our youth all donated and up for grabs! I'm excited!

Medgal07

That's really very nice MAChostage. The fact that you're wearing ANYTHING pink is a plus, and very much appreciated. The Making Strides auction sounds like it will be quite the event! That's really very special. ENJOY!!
heart.gif

Medgal07

PLOTD for Sunday Oct 7, 2012
MAC except where otherwise specified
EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Passionate Eyeshadow to lid, through & above crease
Dark Soul pigment to lid, blend well
DaBling to transition
Sweet Lust to brow
Sushi Flower to lower lid
Fascinating eye kohl to waterline

FACE:
Feeling Flush mineralize blush
Pearl CCB topped with Light Touch Pressed Pigment to highlight
Bobbi Brown Peony Pink to entire face to finish
Mineralize Charge Water to set
Embrace Me lip pencil
NARS Schiap lipstick (THANK YOU CARTOONCHIC FOR THE RECOMMENDATION ITS GORGEOUS)
Style Packed lipglass

NAILS:
OPI's What Aura Gonna Gonna Wear? (Perfect match with Schiap l/s)

CartoonChic

OCTOBER 6, 2012

LIPS:
MAC Lipstick Fusion Pink

OCTOBER 7, 2012

LIPS:
MAC Lipglass Loud & Lovely

I'm going to give myself a pink mani/pedi tomorrow and will try a more complete makeup look. I think I'm going to just focus on incorporating pink in my look instead of trying to wear all pink lipsticks. That way I can sneak in my other lipstick colors.

Medgal07

That's a good idea CartoonChic! We're being way too stringent on ourselves. Why not mix it up a bit!!! Besides which, a little pink goes a long way!

th_thdeadea.gif

Fiberluver

^ I wore Love Goddess from Marilyn Monroe yesterday.

It is a pink-red that pulls cherry on me.

I picked up a jeweled ribbon pin from EL yesterday.

I needed one - I was wearing one of the pink ribbon pins I fished out of a bowl @ cco last week.

Back to the pink lippies tomorrow.

Speaking of Schiapp, my sister picked it up from Nars last week. What a pink!

I think I may wear Love Forever from MAC's Pro Longwear line tomorrow. It is one of my fav's but doesn't get a lot of use.

Medgal07

Hi Fiberluver! I hope you're enjoying your weekend. I've had SCHIAP for a while now and just got around to wearing it. I LOVE it! I also have Girl About Town. It's funny how these amazing lippies go unused because I'm always putting a new one or the other higher on the 'must wear now' scale.

MAChostage

The auction went great! We raised over $800 in the auction alone! Not bad for 30 baked goods, two gift baskets and two children's pictures.
pompom.gif

Medgal07

The auction went great! We raised over $800 in the auction alone! Not bad for 30 baked goods, two gift baskets and two children's pictures.
pompom.gif
That's just amazing. It's almost like the story of the loaves & fishes. So grateful that you and all who participated did this very special thing for an important cause.
kissy.gif

Medgal07

PLOTD for Monday Oct 8, 2012
EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Aloha Pigment (dirty cocoa brown but look golden beige on the eye) to lid
Brun to the crease
Cork to transition
Ricepaper to brow
Brun to lower lid
Costa Riche eye kohl to waterline

FACE:
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Banana Powder (This powder is amazing & does not crease under the eye)
Feeling Flush mineralize blush
Blonde MSF to highlight
Forever Marilyn to entire face to finish
More to Love lip pencil
Zen Rose lipstick

NAILS:
OPI's What Aura Gonna Wear,? still (Pretty hot pink)

Medgal07

Amazing Women - A little Tuesday Morning Inspiration
heart.gif

I shared this video with my best friend, and joined in acknowledging her before she died, May, a year ago. You can sign up amazing women that you want to recognize in this manner.
I share this with all of you, whom I think are pretty darned amazing too.
cheerleader.gif

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcKvevod3k

Medgal07

Here's the website for signing up Amazing Women and learning the inspiration behind the movement: http://www.IBelieveShesAmazing.com
Amazing Women - A little Tuesday Morning Inspiration
heart.gif

I shared this video with my best friend, and joined in acknowledging her before she died, May, a year ago. You can sign up amazing women that you want to recognize in this manner.
I share this with all of you, whom I think are pretty darned amazing too.
cheerleader.gif

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcKvevod3k

Medgal07

PLOTD for Tuesday Oct 9, 2012

EYES: (Burgundy Smokey Eye)
Groundwork PP to lid
Ardent Cream e/s (Gareth Pugh collection) topped with Nocternelle e/s
Mystery to crease
Plum Dressing above crease
Cork to transition
Vapour to brow
Plum Dressing to lower lid
Fascinating eye kohl to waterline

FACE:
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Banana Powder (This powder is amazing & does not crease under the eye)
Fever blush
Light Year MSF to highlight
Bobby Brown's Illuminating Bronzing powder to entire face, to finish (LOVE LOVE the effects of this..beautiful)
Cork lip pencil
Relaxation, casual colour lip & cheek

NAILS:
Essie's Good Morning Hope Check here for nail polish swatch http://www.tradesecrets.ca/en/blog/raising-breast-cancer-awareness-opi-and-essie-2012
heart.gif

CartoonChic

OCTOBER 8-9, 2012

I didn't wear any makeup, but I did wear pink clothing. The season is transitioning into Fall, so it's been cold and the weather has been gloomy lately. I'm a child of the sun, so the colder temps and dreary sky is affecting my mood, along with agitating my dry lips. I've been sporting lip balm for the past two days. Hope to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Medgal, do you change your nail color every day? It takes me forever to polish my nails, so I can't imagine doing it every day.

Prettypackages

OCTOBER 8-9, 2012

I didn't wear any makeup, but I did wear pink clothing. The season is transitioning into Fall, so it's been cold and the weather has been gloomy lately. I'm a child of the sun, so the colder temps and dreary sky is affecting my mood, along with agitating my dry lips. I've been sporting lip balm for the past two days. Hope to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Medgal, do you change your nail color every day? It takes me forever to polish my nails, so I can't imagine doing it every day.
The seasonal chagne is messing with me too.

I'vd been doing a basic eye look, patine on the lid, espresso in the creaes and jaunty as a highlight, and a FOL or Fire Sign (hey it kinda pulls pink ;-)) Lips.

Medgal07

CartoonChic,
If you're "a child of the sun" than I'm your twin! The summer seemed way too brief, and although there a a few things (well maybe two) that I like about the change of seasons, the cold temps and shorter often sunless days are not a part of the equation. As you and most people, I also experience S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I'm usually very organized and task oriented but at this time I have to force myself to complete things. I had been trying to do laundry for 3 days and just got around to it today!
And yes, I have been known to change my nail color everyday...properly. Lately, I've resorted, on occasion to putting a darker pink over a light pink.
icon_bump.gif
Ahhhh confession...I feel better now. You and Prettypackages need to stop beating yourselves up. I love that you've joined in solidarity for the cause, and no gesture is too small or too insignificant. Thanks so much for your efforts and for just being here!!!!!
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif

The seasonal chagne is messing with me too.

I'vd been doing a basic eye look, patine on the lid, espresso in the creaes and jaunty as a highlight, and a FOL or Fire Sign (hey it kinda pulls pink ;-)) Lips.

Latest posts