Cancer Awareness Through the Beauty of Color

Prettypackages

CartoonChic,
If you're "a child of the sun" than I'm your twin! The summer seemed way too brief, and although there a a few things (well maybe two) that I like about the change of seasons, the cold temps and shorter often sunless days are not a part of the equation. As you and most people, I also experience S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I'm usually very organized and task oriented but at this time I have to force myself to complete things. I had been trying to do laundry for 3 days and just got around to it today!
And yes, I have been known to change my nail color everyday...properly. Lately, I've resorted, on occasion to putting a darker pink over a light pink.
icon_bump.gif
Ahhhh confession...I feel better now. You and Prettypackages need to stop beating yourselves up. I love that you've joined in solidarity for the cause, and no gesture is too small or too insignificant. Thanks so much for your efforts and for just being here!!!!!
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif
that is very sweet of you to say.. Thank you... I told my mom about this and she was super geeked. I also told her about my nails. I haven't been able to get to the shop yet, but I am still going to do it. I don't care if it is the last day of October. LOL
I've been going through at work, (I missed 3 days due to medical reasons and they still threatened me, I could've gotten a doc's note, but they told me I didn't need it). I haven't even played with my MM goodies. I'm trying to ressurect(sp) my blog, so I like to take pics of everything before I use them.

Medgal07

that is very sweet of you to say.. Thank you... I told my mom about this and she was super geeked. I also told her about my nails. I haven't been able to get to the shop yet, but I am still going to do it. I don't care if it is the last day of October. LOL
I've been going through at work, (I missed 3 days due to medical reasons and they still threatened me, I could've gotten a doc's note, but they told me I didn't need it). I haven't even played with my MM goodies. I'm trying to ressurect(sp) my blog, so I like to take pics of everything before I use them.
Prettypackages,
First, I hope you're feeling better!!! Second I hope you're able to resolve your issues at work. I hope getting a doctor's note, even after the fact will put this all to rest. Awww those sneaky corporate tactics. Watch your back and keep impeccable documentation.
All the best to you!

cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

MAChostage

OCTOBER 8-9, 2012

I didn't wear any makeup, but I did wear pink clothing. The season is transitioning into Fall, so it's been cold and the weather has been gloomy lately. I'm a child of the sun, so the colder temps and dreary sky is affecting my mood, along with agitating my dry lips. I've been sporting lip balm for the past two days. Hope to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Medgal, do you change your nail color every day? It takes me forever to polish my nails, so I can't imagine doing it every day.
I was thinking the exact same thing!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

PLOTD for Saturday Oct 13, 2012 (Pink & Gray theme..All Gray clothing, pink face & nails)
MAC except where otherwise specified

EYES:
Painterly PP to lid
Silver Ring to outer 2/3 lid
Electra to inner corner, pulled outward to meet Silver Ring
Typographic to outer vee & crease
Phloof to highlight brow
Penultimate, in rapidblack to line lid (I love this liner!)
Typographic to lower lid

FACE:
Estee Lauder Illuminating face primer
MAC F & B foundation
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder
Feeling Flush Blush
Rose Quartz to high-points
Forever Marilyn BP to entire face, to finish
Mineralize Charge Water to set
Please Me lipstick
Angel Lipglass

NAILS:
MAC's Please Me

Prettypackages

Medgal, I'm going to start needing pictures. LOL What do you mean @ Rose Quartz at highpoints?

Also isn't a transition color the same as a crease color? You mentioned it in your 10/12 look.

Medgal07

Tee Hee. I'm just not your picture girl. I'm shy and fear folks will find me over exposed and get sick of seeing me. It took me months to get up the courage to post my photo as my avatar. Now for the Rose Quartz...it's a MAC MSF, from which collection I don't recall, but I put it lightly down the bridge of my nose and at the top of my cheek bones to achieve what I call the J Lo glow. I use a Laura Mercier fan brush or the MAC 116. The transition color is between the crease and the brow, and provides a softening effect, avoiding harsh lines and providing congruence. I hope that makes sense. It's a technique that I learned watching YouTube videos. Who knew?:shock:

Medgal07

QUALIFIER: This will appear different because I'm using my iPad which doesn't allow the same formatting as my MAC Book PRO. I'm away this week with less products than usual, so here goes: PLOTD: Sunday October 14, 2012 MAC Except where otherwise specified EYES: Constructivist Paint Pot to lids Carbon e/s to lids Carbonized e/s (LE MAC Me Over collection) to crease Endless Passion (mid-tone rose, Offc Hrs Collection) e/s above crease or emphasis Prefferred Blonde to brow & inner corners FACE: Estée Lauder Illuminating face primer Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer P&P Light Boost Illuminator, set with Ben NYE Pink Swoon Blush Estée Lauder Modern Mercury highlighter Crystal Pink highlighter FM beauty powder entire face Pink Plaid lipstick NAILS: Essie's Fiji

Prettypackages

The transition color is between the crease and the brow, and provides a softening effect, avoiding harsh lines and providing congruence. I hope that makes sense. It's a technique that I learned watching YouTube videos. Who knew?
icon_eek.gif
gotcha... thank you!!!

glammy girl

Medgal, I also would love to see pics of your looks, they all sound sooooo beautiful and I love your creativity but I'm also camera shy :shock: so I understand :) But I love reading your makeup looks, maybe after October we should start another thread and continue posting our looks whenever possible because posting everyday can get a bit much :)

Medgal07

PLOTD Monday October 15, 2012 I'm still away and missing my stash. There was a limit to what I could bring but I did my best. EYES: Groundwork PP Paradise Island e/s (LE mid-tone pink) to lid Carbon e/s outer 1/3 of lid, diagonally, blend into pink Brown Down e/s o crease, blend upward Carbon dabbed into outer vee, lightly Vapour to brow Penultimate in Rapid Black to line lid Fascinating eye kohl to waterline Handwritten e/s to lower lid FACE: Estée Lauder Illuminating face primer MAC Face & Body foundation P&P Light Boost topped w/ Ben NYE Powder, in Banana Richly Honed to contour NARS Angelika blush Light Year MSF to highlight Bobby Brown's Peony Pink, lightly over entire face St Germain Lipstick NAILS: MAC's St Germain nail lacquer

Medgal07

PLOTD Tuesday October 16, 2012 Still away and maintaining the 'pink.' For this Smokey Eye look I used Jungle Camouflage Full Face kit's eye palette. EYES: Blackground Paint Pot Carbon e/s to lid Camo e/s above crease Bad Lieutenant to crease & lower lash line Fascinating eye kohl to waterline Dew to brow FACE: Estée Lauder Illuminating face primer Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer P & P light boost topped w/ Ben NYE powder Richly Honed to contour, topped w/ Blunt blush Peony Petal blush Rose Quartz MSF to highlight MSF Natural to finish Pink Plaid lipstick Nails: Essie's Cascade Cool

hwdsprincess

PLOTD Tuesday October 16, 2012 Still away and maintaining the 'pink.' For this Smokey Eye look I used Jungle Camouflage Full Face kit's eye palette. EYES: Blackground Paint Pot Carbon e/s to lid Camo e/s above crease Bad Lieutenant to crease & lower lash line Fascinating eye kohl to waterline Dew to brow FACE: Estée Lauder Illuminating face primer Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer P & P light boost topped w/ Ben NYE powder Richly Honed to contour, topped w/ Blunt blush Peony Petal blush Rose Quartz MSF to highlight MSF Natural to finish Pink Plaid lipstick Nails: Essie's Cascade Cool
I want you to do my makeup, you should post pics on ur eye looks the colors you use and ur posts in this thread sound Soo good but I want to see

Medgal07

[RIGH[/RIGHT] I'll try to work on getting up the nerve to post pics...no promises, but real effort! :shock:

Fiberluver

Yesterday,

Petals and Peacocks lipstick and Magenta lip liner

Today:

Snob lipstick, Plum lip liner and VG Gaga I gloss.

14 more days of pink!

Medgal07

Fiburluver,
Thank you for continuing the challenge...especially with all of the new collections and the desire to rock orange, red, burgundy and the like. I know I'm eager to wear them too. For now, I continue to THINK PINK!
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

Fiberluver

Fiburluver,
Thank you for continuing the challenge...especially with all of the new collections and the desire to rock orange, red, burgundy and the like. I know I'm eager to wear them too. For now, I continue to THINK PINK!
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
You are quite welcome! My sister is also wearing pink too so that helps.

Medgal07

There's no place like home, there's no place like home! Yay. It's good to be back.
yahoo.gif

PLOTD for Wednesday Oct 17, 2012 (Pink & Brown theme..All Brown clothing, pink face & nails) I LOVED this smokey brown eye
MAC except where otherwise specified

EYES:
Constructivist PP to lid
Smut e/s lid
Brown Script above crease
NARS Galapagos to outer vee & crease, make sure Brown Script can be seen
Dew to highlight brow
Dipdown fluidline to line lid
NARS Galapagos to lower lid
Fascinating to waterline

FACE:
Estee Lauder Illuminating face primer