Cancer Awareness Through the Beauty of Color

CartoonChic

Medgal, I also would love to see pics of your looks, they all sound sooooo beautiful and I love your creativity but I'm also camera shy
icon_eek.gif
so I understand
smiles.gif
But I love reading your makeup looks, maybe after October we should start another thread and continue posting our looks whenever possible because posting everyday can get a bit much
smiles.gif
I'm the exact same way! It took a lot of courage for me to use my picture as my avatar. There are many here who post their pictures so easily and I admire that they can do that. I've come close to posting a makeup look a couple of times, but then shy myself out of it. I've always felt that I don't photograph well and I have way too many pictures that prove that point. I'm just not comfortable in front of a camera and it shows.

CartoonChic

I haven't been wearing makeup at all for the past week or so, but I started again yesterday.

OCTOBER 17, 2012
LIPS:
MAC Lipstick Outrageously Fun

OCTOBER 18, 2012
LIPS:
MAC Lip Pencil Beet

I really like this lipstick color!

glammy girl

I'm the exact same way! It took a lot of courage for me to use my picture as my avatar. There are many here who post their pictures so easily and I admire that they can do that. I've come close to posting a makeup look a couple of times, but then shy myself out of it. I've always felt that I don't photograph well and I have way too many pictures that prove that point. I'm just not comfortable in front of a camera and it shows.
You have no reason to be shy, you are beautiful :)

Medgal07

Medgal, I also would love to see pics of your looks, they all sound sooooo beautiful and I love your creativity but I'm also camera shy
icon_eek.gif
so I understand
smiles.gif
But I love reading your makeup looks, maybe after October we should start another thread and continue posting our looks whenever possible because posting everyday can get a bit much
smiles.gif
Thanks glammy girl. Posting everyday takes effort...could you imagine the challenge of adding a photo to it? To post the details of my PLOTD is easy. I just copy and paste the day before, and then add what I wore for the current day. I leave my products out until I've posted here because I often create the look on the fly and forget what I used.
I love trying different looks and would love to try some that others here would care/dare to share.
type.gif

Medgal07

Ditto! Also CartoonChic, I'm not a pro at applying makeup. I do okay for myself but I also worry that someone will think I've done a lousy job. I'm working at it, it's fun but I'm hardly ready for the 'Big Leagues.' I just don't have the guts!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I haven't been wearing makeup at all for the past week or so, but I started again yesterday.

OCTOBER 17, 2012
LIPS:

OCTOBER 18, 2012
LIPS:
MAC Lip Pencil Beet

I really like this lipstick color!
Hi there CartoonChic! I hope you're feeling better!!! How are you liking Outrageously Fun? That's on my pre-order list. Do you give it the thumbs up??

CartoonChic

Hi there CartoonChic! I hope you're feeling better!!! How are you liking Outrageously Fun? That's on my pre-order list. Do you give it the thumbs up??
I give Outrageously Fun two thumbs up!
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
I keep describing it as a pink Up The Amp. I also tried Flight of Fancy lipglass over it and it's really pretty. I think it's worth getting.

Medgal07

Um, you use more than two eye products, you use pigments, you highlight and sculpt your face, and you change your nail polish everyday. That's the Big Leagues in my book.

thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
I keep describing it as a pink Up The Amp. I also tried Flight of Fancy lipglass over it and it's really pretty. I think it's worth getting.
lmao.gif
LMAaaaaaaaaOOOO. No no no no no....you have heard the expression 'fake it til you make it'? I enjoy experimenting and I have learned a lot. I owe it all to YouTube!!!!
lmao.gif

I will definitely keep Outrageously Fun on my list! Thanks for the recommendation.

Medgal07

PLOTD for Thursday Oct 18, 2012 (Soft Smokey Pink theme)
MAC except where otherwise specified

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Pink Freeze e/s from lid to just below brow
DaBling to outer vee & crease
Blacktied to outer vee & crease
Vapour to highlight brow
Blacktrack fluidline to line lid
Blacktied in thin line to lower lid, smudge slightly
Sushi Flower below Blacktied at lower lid

FACE:
Estee Lauder Illuminating face primer
MAC Face & Body Foundation
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Play It Proper Beauty Powder
Copper Beach to contour
Crystal Pink MSF to high-points
Weekend Getaway Blush (L & C pot)
Play It Proper BP, lightly to entire face, to finish (applied with Laura Mercier Fan Brush)
Fix+ to set
Weekend Getaway (L & C pot)

NAILS:
Essie's Pink-a-Boo
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

Fiberluver

Um, you use more than two eye products, you use pigments, you highlight and sculpt your face, and you change your nail polish everyday. That's the Big Leagues in my book.

thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
YUP! I agree! I think I look funny in pictures so I don't like to post or pose for them either.

I am truly the epitome of shy - I'm very introverted.

I guess that's why I like forums so much - the anonymity of it all!

Medgal07

YUP! I agree! I think I look funny in pictures so I don't like to post or pose for them either.

I am truly the epitome of shy - I'm very introverted.

I guess that's why I like forums so much - the anonymity of it all!
iagree.gif
but I so love the chatting. Not only do I have a stash of makeup, but I have this terrific stash of friends who share my obsession. It doesn't get any better than that!
grouphug2.gif

Medgal07

PLOTD for Friday Oct 19, 2012 (Smokey Pink theme) This may seem odd in terms of product placement but it's an amazing smokey eye. I normally use white e/s but Paradise Island is a nice mid-tone pink substitute!

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Paradise Island e/s to lid, inner corner to mid-lid
Carbon e/s to outer 1/3 lid, placed diagonally, blend well w/clean blending brush
Espresso e/s (or your favorite dk brown e/s) to crease, blending upward
Carbon e/s, just a touch to outer vee to add depth...blend, blend, blend
Vapour to highlight brow
Pink Freeze to inner corner
Espresso to lower lid
Fascinating eye kohl to waterline (I use white because black liner makes my eyes look smaller)

FACE:
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Play It Proper Beauty Powder
Copper Beach to contour, Blunt blush over Copper Beach
MSF Blonde to high-points
Peony Petal Blush
MSF Natural, to entire face, to finish (applied with 129 Brush)
Fix+ to set
Snob lipstick
Fashion Spread lipglass

NAILS:
MAC's Midsummer's Dream (pale pink-lilac)
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

Medgal07

PLOTD for Saturday Oct 20, 2012 (Neutral & Pink theme)

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Aurora pigment (pinked taupe) to lid
Moon Rose (bright dark pink) above crease
Embark e/s to crease, blending upward
Carbon e/s, just a touch to outer vee to add depth...blend, blend, blend
Expensive pink to highlight brow
Embark to lower lid
Fascinating eye kohl to waterline (I use white because black liner makes my eyes look smaller)

FACE:
Light Year MSF to high-points
Feeling Flush blush
Fix+ to set
Enchantee kissable lip color

NAILS:
MAC's Angel
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Eleven Days to go........

Medgal07

PLOTD for Sunday Oct 21, 2012 (Pin-up Look w/ Bold Pink Lip)

EYES:
Fascinating Eye kohl to lid, blend
White Frost e/s to lid
Folie e/s to outer corner & crease
Espresso e/s over Folie
Soft Brown e/s to transition...blend, blend, blend
White Frost e/s to highlight brow
Vanilla Pigment to base of lid, blend well
Blacktrack fluidline to line, winged lid
Espresso to lower lid

FACE:
Soft & Gentle MSF to high-points
Pink Swoon blush
Fix+ to set
Pink Pigeon lipstick

NAILS:
OPI/Sephora: Alley Cat (bold fuchsia)
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
TenDays to go........