Chanel LA Sunrise Collection-Spring 2016

GlamourKitty

Last night I was on Chanel.com just looking around as one does. :) They have two "looks" with the Spring collection. One is Sunset Boulevard with Tisse Venitien, and the other is Rodeo Drive with IDO Illusoire. Perhaps this is Chanel's way to keep up interest since, as Ash said, the Beverly Hills quad won't be out until February?

Winthrop44

:hand: I wondered where you were my friend! We did!!! Hope you & yours did as well. Happy you're here.

:hand: Not working today so I can hang out on Chrome instead of IE and actually post in non-gibberish, enlarge pictures, use smileys and quote properly!:marchmellow:

Last night I was on Chanel.com just looking around as one does. :) They have two "looks" with the Spring collection. One is Sunset Boulevard with Tisse Venitien, and the other is Rodeo Drive with IDO Illusoire. Perhaps this is Chanel's way to keep up interest since, as Ash said, the Beverly Hills quad won't be out until February?

Interesting. It must be a pain for them to not have the quad when the collection goes up, given that it's heavily featured in the promo pic.

Ernie

Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful new year. I was hoping to get the quad soon, but it seems like I'll have to wait!

elegant-one

:hand: Not working today so I can hang out on Chrome instead of IE and actually post in non-gibberish, enlarge pictures, use smileys and quote properly!:marchmellow:

How did I miss this! It figures, you can hang out & I go away :) I'm so glad you can use chrome here. I think maybe I need to sitch to chrome instead of firefox.

I got the shine in Energy - its a beautiful baby raspberry shade but its heavily rose scented.

off to read your pm...I fell asleep last night :zzz:

Ugh, I got that posting error message again!

Winthrop44

I always think the shines are pretty heavily scented, but I can usually get by with them. I'll be interested to see what I think of mine when it gets here. I think maybe someone on scent control at Chanel falls asleep and then wakes up every now and then and squirts an extra dose into some batches! I think that's what happened to my blush.

KateH22

I have a question re the Moonlight Pink and Griffith Green IdO's. How do the ladies who have tried them find them? Would you recommend them? I'm really tempted by these two shades but I've just seen very negative reviews on Temptalia. I know a lot of her reviews are negative , hence I was hoping to hear a second opinion. Thank you.

hitchcockblonde

I have a question re the Moonlight Pink and Griffith Green IdO's. How do the ladies who have tried them find them? Would you recommend them? I'm really tempted by these two shades but I've just seen very negative reviews on Temptalia. I know a lot of her reviews are negative , hence I was hoping to hear a second opinion. Thank you.

I have Griffith Green and while I agree with T that it was more sheer compared to past IDOs I have, I personally didn't have trouble blending it out. I applied some with my finger and used a fluffy synthetic concealer brush (Sephora #57) to blend out the edges, then applied another layer just on the center of the lid. I'm not sure how it would blend with other cream shadows as I usually use just one shadow if I'm using creams. If it being sheer bothers you then I don't think you should feel bad skipping it but with a darker or more vibrant color like Griffith Green I don't mind so much starting sheer and building up. Haven't tried Moonlight Pink so I can't speak to that one. I'll post a swatch of GG in a couple days.

elegant-one

I always think the shines are pretty heavily scented, but I can usually get by with them. I'll be interested to see what I think of mine when it gets here. I think maybe someone on scent control at Chanel falls asleep and then wakes up every now and then and squirts an extra dose into some batches! I think that's what happened to my blush.

:roflmao:OMG what a funny visual! Yep, I noticed that some are strong & some barely have a scent. I think that the pink & raspberry shines in this collection are 2 of the prettiest ever. Hope you love yours!

KateH22

I have Griffith Green and while I agree with T that it was more sheer compared to past IDOs I have, I personally didn't have trouble blending it out. I applied some with my finger and used a fluffy synthetic concealer brush (Sephora #57) to blend out the edges, then applied another layer just on the center of the lid. I'm not sure how it would blend with other cream shadows as I usually use just one shadow if I'm using creams. If it being sheer bothers you then I don't think you should feel bad skipping it but with a darker or more vibrant color like Griffith Green I don't mind so much starting sheer and building up. Haven't tried Moonlight Pink so I can't speak to that one. I'll post a swatch of GG in a couple days.

Thank you for replying so promptly. No, I don't mind it being sheer as long as it can be blended out so I'm probably going to get. Looking forward to your swatch, when you get a chance. Thanks again for your help.