Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012

mac_aiken

The cosmetics department manager at my favorite Nordies said they would definitely have this collection prior to Black Friday.

shadowaddict

Monsy--That's horrible. I'd just call back after a few minutes and see if you get someone that will help you. Its like MAC and how different ma's let you do depots and some won't and some let you do pre-orders and others won't. Might be worth a try.

I've always had great customer service. The first the nail polish I wanted was sold out online. I called cs and she offered to check and see if any stores had and she located it and had it shipped to me. The next time when I called about an item I asked the person to do this as she didn't offer. But after I asked she was very nice and said she would be glad to. I wonder if its who you end up being connected with and different people tell you different things. So weird.

Haven

When I swatched Variations, I was not impressed. I could tell right away that it would look horrible on me. The other new quad Intuition (?) was only ok. Nothing amazing that I had to have right away. I like the look of the pinkish IdO, but once again it is a color that is hard for me to pull off. The gold IdO was nice, but I already have the one from the holiday collection.

This collection has turned into a massive skip for me... At least for now....

I was told that all of the collection except for the plantine liner is going to be around for a while, so there is no rush to buy.

OT: BTW I love TF ls. Very pigmented, creamy, smooth, long lasting, etc.... I highly recommend them!

Winthrop44

What shades do you like in the TF lipsticks Haven? I just got Indian Rose yesterday and like it alot.

Intuition ... is very strange to me. 2 medium-dark browns that don't seem to work with each other imo. It's like the cooler one works well with the pink and the warmer one works nicely with the gold (which has terrible texture & fallout) but the 2 pairs don't work with each other. You could use the 2 lighter colors with either brown, but I dunno, I just can't get excited about it either. I really love the new volumizing mascara though.

Icecaramellatte

What shades do you like in the TF lipsticks Haven? I just got Indian Rose yesterday and like it alot.

Intuition ... is very strange to me. 2 medium-dark browns that don't seem to work with each other imo. It's like the cooler one works well with the pink and the warmer one works nicely with the gold (which has terrible texture & fallout) but the 2 pairs don't work with each other. You could use the 2 lighter colors with either brown, but I dunno, I just can't get excited about it either. I really love the new volumizing mascara though.
I just got an email for the volumizing mascara. I didn't even know it was a new product and I just bought it last week at a Chanel event. I really like it too.

Ingenue

The new volumizing mascara is AMAZING. But not volumizing... incidentally. Very lengthening... and really CURLS your lashes. Volume is... eh. I love it though. My eyes look HUGE when I put it on. I was blown away by how much this mascara curls your lashes.

Idiot SA at Macy's put two Vision Illusion d' Ombres in my bag. Now I gotta go back and trade one for the pink one. Boo!

Otherwise, awesome collection. Got the purple and platine liners too...

Skipped on the quads... for now.

Ingenue

Liquid eyeliners are at my local Macys. They're now holding the mascara stock hostage until Black Friday. I scored the last one for their 'one day' sale.

Haven

I am actually very, very happy with every shade that I have purchased. Not a bad one in the bunch. All of them are wearable on my NW20 skin. Nothing garish or too bright. I also like them a lot more than my Chanel ls (Can't believe that I admitted that in a Chanel thread).

If I were to pick my favorites right now.... Lately I have been wearing a neutral eye with a dramatic lip. I have been favoring Scarlette Rouge (most amazing red next to Dior Lady) and Violet Fatale. I need to blot both of these colors down to get the look that I want. Occasionally I will put on Black Orchid. I also purchased a couple of reds from the jasmine rouge collection, but I haven't tried them. So I really can't comment on them yet.

For a nude lip, I love Nude Vanille. I need to top it with a peachy pink gloss though to avoid the corpse effect. I am also a big fan of Sable Smoke (with a peachy pink gloss again), Coco Ravish, Casablanca, and Indian Rose. But I am not into nude lips at the moment.

For summer I wear true coral and wild ginger a lot - a little blotted down.

Can you tell that I love these ls?? LOL

Winthrop44

Yep, I can tell!
lol.gif
I ordered Casablanca the other day. Will have to check out the others you mentioned. I wish I could see them all irl but as someone who doesn't even have a Chanel counter that won't be happening anytime soon. Just looked up swatches of Scarlet Rouge -- I will have to have that one!!
heart.gif

Haven

Yep, I can tell!
lol.gif
I ordered Casablanca the other day. Will have to check out the others you mentioned. I wish I could see them all irl but as someone who doesn't even have a Chanel counter that won't be happening anytime soon. Just looked up swatches of Scarlet Rouge -- I will have to have that one!!
heart.gif
I love Scarlet Rouge! I wear it over my MAC prep and prime lip balm. Casablanca is also a very wearable everyday type color.

Sable Smoke and Coco Ravish are more brown based or brown looking. If you want more pinky or plummy shade ideas let me know. I am lucky b/c I have several TF counters near me. The one in BH acutally carries all of the products (full collection), but that is not my favorite store to go to. Everyone has "airs" about them KWIM. Not the sales associates but the shoppers.

bis

Saw the collection in the US and as much as I wanted to like the US Variation quad, I thought the payoff was horrible :dunno: I'll rather get the Euro version instead, but I generally like those. The purple liner was gorgeous, but very purple, so I do not think it was Rouge Noir? Sadly it was too light for me to wear alone and somehow I cannot be bothered to apply it over black liner. But I'll reserve the right to change my mind later on :D

Icecaramellatte

I just bought Vision, Abstraction and the Intuition quad at Nordstrom. I was so surprised to see it. At first the SA said they had everything except Abstraction and she kept showing me Emerville??? but I just kept shaking my head no.
nope.gif
She was going to order it for me which I didn't really want to do, when another SA came and said it was still upstairs with the new shipment. So it was great. The best was that the SA reminded me that I had a gift card from the event so I got $15 off. Nobody else I bought stuff from that day asked me for the gift card.

They're on NM online now, but I think I heard Black Friday for in-store. Not sure.
I saw them at Neiman Marcus in store today.

Icecaramellatte

I just got a call from Bloomies that they have the colleciton in store. But I just bought it today. I feel bad since I had asked them to call me. The good thing is that they have the liquid liners. So I will pick those up soon. So any NYCers, Bloomies 59th has the collection now.

mac_aiken

My closest Nordstroms and Macy's counters have this too. Picked up Abstraction and the mascara. I am a totally happy girl.