Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012

elkaknits

the black orchid is lovely ~ it looks to be a much more wearable shade and heaven knows I consider the other two wearable to start with
eyelove.gif

Dominique33

L'Impatiente is easy to wear, deep raisin ( a bit like Nars Vendanges but in a matte version ), Tom Ford black Orchid looks gorgeous. Rouge Noir is a must-have as a nail polish but I've never tried the lipstick.

elkaknits

Update on my FNO//notorious order. No tracking number but package did arrive today. An extra nail polish sent in infidel which is unfortunate. I dislike the infidel nail polish although the infidel lipstick is WUNDERBAR. I think I prefer the infidel lipstick to the provocation lipstick and the provocation nail polish to the provocation lipstick. I am glad that they are all a slightly plummy set since I will be able to do provocation nail polish and infidel lipstick during day followed by provocation in evenings or for stronger lip. Either way the infidel nail polish is probably not going to be worn so two bottles is definitely one too many.

I received a mini glossimer & a body lotion in a patent cosmetics bag. Plus some samples I haven't looked at on the side. I am excited to try the glossimer.

Notorious is wonderful but so soft! I am amazed by how much powder flew around with just one swipe of brush! The brune d'or JC was also incredibly soft. Softer than stardust or my other JC. But I have cheekbones! Praise the heavens. I am not going to say I contoured well but seriously I have cheekbones!

franlynne

WOW, black Orchid is as beautiful as I had hoped it would be! Thank you for the comparisons, I think I like it the best of the three. And I really like rouge noir. The sad thing is I just got back from having lunch with a friend and I told her that my lipstick obsession was so out of control and that I really needed to stop buying them!!! Oh well, maybe I can stop after this one. ;)

CartoonChic

Update on my FNO//notorious order. No tracking number but package did arrive today. An extra nail polish sent in infidel which is unfortunate. I dislike the infidel nail polish although the infidel lipstick is WUNDERBAR. I think I prefer the infidel lipstick to the provocation lipstick and the provocation nail polish to the provocation lipstick. I am glad that they are all a slightly plummy set since I will be able to do provocation nail polish and infidel lipstick during day followed by provocation in evenings or for stronger lip. Either way the infidel nail polish is probably not going to be worn so two bottles is definitely one too many.

I received a mini glossimer & a body lotion in a patent cosmetics bag. Plus some samples I haven't looked at on the side. I am excited to try the glossimer.

Notorious is wonderful but so soft! I am amazed by how much powder flew around with just one swipe of brush! The brune d'or JC was also incredibly soft. Softer than stardust or my other JC. But I have cheekbones! Praise the heavens. I am not going to say I contoured well but seriously I have cheekbones!
It's good that you seem to be happy with your items overall after having to deal with such a hassle.

elegant-one

WOW, black Orchid is as beautiful as I had hoped it would be! Thank you for the comparisons, I think I like it the best of the three. And I really like rouge noir. The sad thing is I just got back from having lunch with a friend and I told her that my lipstick obsession was so out of control and that I really needed to stop buying them!!! Oh well, maybe I can stop after this one. ;)
lol.gif
true.gif

Black Orchid is a must have imho. As a stain its so beautiful. None of the 3 are similar. Rouge Noir is softly dramatic.

Icecaramellatte

I just want to say Plantine liner looks amazing on top of the Rouge Noir! I even used it all over the lid. The new black liner is soo intense, it is amazing!
Rouge Noir liner??? Is it liquid? So much confusion on this product. I'd love swatches of it. Is the black liner darker than urban decay Perversion?

Neicy

Rouge Noir liner??? Is it liquid? So much confusion on this product. I'd love swatches of it. Is the black liner darker than urban decay Perversion?

Hi, this is the liner that was supposed to come out with Holiday. It is now in this collection here. It is liquid and purple like.

The black is very very black and the Plantine is a nice silvery taupe.
There were going to hold it for black friday, but some places have started selling the collection.

They are very very nice! :)

shadowaddict

when you say lack of return policy what do you mean? i just don't want to be bothered if i don't like the quad and want to return it.
i almost never return anything but just in case...

nordstrom still did not get this, they only have new mascara in stock.
You should call Nordstrom customer service at 1-888-282-6060 and tell them what you're looking for. They will do everything they can to track it down and ship it to you free. They've done this for me more than once and two times were for a nail polish. Also you can return it free.

Monsy

Thanks shadow addict

i do not have good experience with nordstrom cs. once i needed a product and they told me it is already sold out and they will not restock it. i was surprised because it was new item. anyway that was total bs because they got the product 10 days later of course. next time i wanted to buy a watch that was sold out online and they gave me two store numbers to call and order there over the phone. store did not have it. i talked to cs again literally 10min later and they told me that none of the stores have it... and i gave up asking their cs anything because they never have the right info

mac_aiken

Neicy so the purple liner in this collection is the infamous Rouge Noir liner that was supposed to come out with Holiday? Can you swatch it?
Hi, this is the liner that was supposed to come out with Holiday. It is now in this collection here. It is liquid and purple like.

The black is very very black and the Plantine is a nice silvery taupe.
There were going to hold it for black friday, but some places have started selling the collection.

They are very very nice! :)

Icecaramellatte

Oh boy the liners sound great too! My wallet can't handle all this fabulous stuff coming out now. I'm loving so many things right now. Bloomies says they will have this stuff for Black Friday. I really don't do Black Friday so I don't know how much of this stuff I will get. The liners sound fab. I was expecting to just get Vision and Distraction but now I don't know.

Haven

I have read so many conflicting reviews on these products. Plus I have read that they are joining the permanent collection (except the plantine liner), so I am going to try to hold off buying until I get a chance to swatch them in person. There are too many holiday collections with too many LE products available right now. So these will have to wait.

elkaknits

My nordstroms has the three new e/s quads. The variation is lovely lovely lovely. Since it is permanent I pointed it out to my daughter for when they did holiday gift shopping. Mamma wants THIS one
girlhaha.gif