Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012

Winthrop44

Yes Monsy, that is Variation. NM uses FedEx. I haven't personally had any problems with them but if you need to return anything you might not want to use their Smart return label as they charge $9.95 via USPS. You can always pay regular postage and add DC.

Haven

This is about the most color accurate picture of the quad in sunlight that I can get:

It's really very pretty and looks beautiful paired with Illusoire IdO, it was just different than I was expecting. But in the pictures of my sheered out swatches I can see some of those tones that are in the Euro version. Check it out in person if you can. I wore it to the grocery store today and when you put it all together it really gives a tone very much along the lines of Illusoire.
Thank you so much for the swatches & pics! I called around where I live, and everyone wants me to do a preorder - even NM (so stupid). I think that I will order online. I hate black Friday sales & shopping. I don't hate the discounts (LOL). I just hate the aggressive shoppers and dealing with all of the chaos.

Now I have to decide if I want to try the new mascara and new liner. If the purple liner is actually a blackened purple, then I am very excited. If it is a bright purple, then I will pass. I am also curious if the noir liner is actually the rumored rouge noir. If anyone knows more about the liners, then please let us know. TIA!

Haven

Yes Monsy, that is Variation. NM uses FedEx. I haven't personally had any problems with them but if you need to return anything you might not want to use their Smart return label as they charge $9.95 via USPS. You can always pay regular postage and add DC.
I have never had problems with FedEx either. Plus I have a NM close to where I live, so I usually return directly to the store (if I need to).

Dominique33

So sorry I can't post swatches or photos but my Variation quad looks totally different in the baked formula. The one you posted reminds me a bit of Tom Ford Enchanted ( though enchanted looks even more gorgeous in fact, I will order it on Harrods when in stock ), in brief the US formula you shared looks better. The baked formula is pretty- I have 4 Chanel quads Lagons / Variation / Eclosion / Premier Regard ) : makeups are always subtle but pigmentation is not so good in fact. I always use them dry, some say here it does spoil them when used wet esp the matte formulas. Chanel formula is not matte at all, but I just use them dry. If they are reformulated, well the sooner the better. But on the whole, Chanel quads are pretty I would probably prefer the US formula ( ? ).

shontay07108

Monsy, I don't like their return policy on beauty products. By return policy, I mean their lack of one (at least in the stores I've been to). I just don't like the atmosphere of their stores. I don't find it especially inviting and bit too fancy pants for me. I just don't feel good the way I feel walking into Bloomingdales or Nordstroms. It may sound weird because maybe I'm not saying it right, but the return policy and just the store culture turns me off. I only buy from them and Saks when I can't find something elsewhere.

Monsy

when you say lack of return policy what do you mean? i just don't want to be bothered if i don't like the quad and want to return it.
i almost never return anything but just in case...

nordstrom still did not get this, they only have new mascara in stock.

shontay07108

when you say lack of return policy what do you mean? i just don't want to be bothered if i don't like the quad and want to return it. i almost never return anything but just in case... nordstrom still did not get this, they only have new mascara in stock. 
The NM's in my area won't allow returns on beauty products.

franlynne

So sorry I can't post swatches or photos but my Variation quad looks totally different in the baked formula. The one you posted reminds me a bit of Tom Ford Enchanted ( though enchanted looks even more gorgeous in fact, I will order it on Harrods when in stock ), in brief the US formula you shared looks better. The baked formula is pretty- I have 4 Chanel quads Lagons / Variation / Eclosion / Premier Regard ) : makeups are always subtle but pigmentation is not so good in fact. I always use them dry, some say here it does spoil them when used wet esp the matte formulas. Chanel formula is not matte at all, but I just use them dry. If they are reformulated, well the sooner the better. But on the whole, Chanel quads are pretty I would probably prefer the US formula ( ? ).
I ordered the enchanted quad from NM a couple of weeks ago. It is my first Tom Ford purchase and I was not disappointed. The colors are gorgeous and the taupe in the lower left is to die for. I'm already convinced that I will run out of it! It is one of the prettiest quads I own.My Chanel lady has variation on order for me, but I too was more impressed with the European swatches from Cafe makeup. I guess I will just wait to see it in person. I used the Holiday duo today with silver light eyeliner underneath the eye and it was lovely. Star dust blush on the cheeks too!

Winthrop44

shontay07108

I guess some NM's allow returns. I really haven't looked into it and I don't know what happens with online purchases, but it's enough to turn me off completely. I'm not a habitual returner, but I like to know that I can if I need to. Even when browsing NM, it's just never satisfying and I've come away kinda blah about it. :dunno: Back on topic, though I'm going to skip the quad. It looks nice, but not something that I need. Like I said before, I'll wait for the mascara when I can get it at bloomingdales, nordstroms or chanel.

CartoonChic

Well that stinks! Bloomingdales online also now has the quads, but I don't see the mascara or liners yet.

I returned my Star Dust -- too glittery for me. I know everyone else loves it though.

BTiB swatched Intuition here:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/11/chanel-les-4-ombres-quadra-eye-shadow.html

It's pretty for a brown smoky eye but I'm happy with my Sable-Emouvant duo for that.
Is Intuition similar at all to the Topkapi quad? I would love to get my hands on it now that I know about it, but I'm aware my chances are slim. I wish I knew the UPC code so I could search for it.

CartoonChic

I ordered the enchanted quad from NM a couple of weeks ago. It is my first Tom Ford purchase and I was not disappointed. The colors are gorgeous and the taupe in the lower left is to die for. I'm already convinced that I will run out of it! It is one of the prettiest quads I own.My Chanel lady has variation on order for me, but I too was more impressed with the European swatches from Cafe makeup. I guess I will just wait to see it in person. I used the Holiday duo today with silver light eyeliner underneath the eye and it was lovely. Star dust blush on the cheeks too!
I looked up the Tom Ford quad. I shouldn't have! I still have Black Orchid lipstick on my mind. It would look so pretty with the Enchanted quad. Must. Resist.

CartoonChic

Dominique33

I looked up the Tom Ford quad. I shouldn't have! I still have Black Orchid lipstick on my mind. It would look so pretty with the Enchanted quad. Must. Resist.
lol resisting is impossible I fear. This quad ( and the Emerald Lust too ) is gorgeous, it's the most beautiful I have ever seen ! It's only available at Harrods for us French ladies well I'll have to wait a bit ( sold out ) and I definitely would like to have both quads, as we say in French " à tomber "
thud.gif
that is !

Latest posts