Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012

Dominique33

I ordered the enchanted quad from NM a couple of weeks ago. It is my first Tom Ford purchase and I was not disappointed. The colors are gorgeous and the taupe in the lower left is to die for. I'm already convinced that I will run out of it! It is one of the prettiest quads I own.My Chanel lady has variation on order for me, but I too was more impressed with the European swatches from Cafe makeup. I guess I will just wait to see it in person. I used the Holiday duo today with silver light eyeliner underneath the eye and it was lovely. Star dust blush on the cheeks too!
I am not surprised, everyone says Tom Ford makeup is to die for esp those quads ! Chanel is very good too and Star Dust well it really deserves its name, I love it too !

franlynne

I looked up the Tom Ford quad. I shouldn't have! I still have Black Orchid lipstick on my mind. It would look so pretty with the Enchanted quad. Must. Resist.
My NM does, at least, carry the Tom Ford lipsticks, and I am so sorry I didn't pick up Black Orchid! I have the Chanel Rouge Noir (the new one) and I would love to compare them next time I go down there. So many treasures out there, so little time! ;)

elegant-one

I will have Black Orchid early this coming week & I just got Rouge Noir, so I will be able to compare it for those who would like to know.

Winthrop44

BTiB swatched Variation: http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/11/chanel-les-4-ombres-quadra-eye-shadow_4.html

Icecaramellatte

I ordered the enchanted quad from NM a couple of weeks ago. It is my first Tom Ford purchase and I was not disappointed. The colors are gorgeous and the taupe in the lower left is to die for. I'm already convinced that I will run out of it! It is one of the prettiest quads I own.My Chanel lady has variation on order for me, but I too was more impressed with the European swatches from Cafe makeup. I guess I will just wait to see it in person. I used the Holiday duo today with silver light eyeliner underneath the eye and it was lovely. Star dust blush on the cheeks too!
I spent quite a bit of time yesterday researching the Tom Ford quads. I like the looks of Enchanted but I'm not sure how it will look on me. I will check it out next time I'm at a counter. There are quite a few I'm interested in.

Monsy

Quote:Originally Posted by Winthrop44

BTiB swatched Variation:
http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/11/chanel-les-4-ombres-quadra-eye-shadow_4.html

this really surprised me both her review and the swatches i did not think it is this reddish

Winthrop44

I don't find it reddish personally. Chanel calls the colors light rose, silver grey, deep purple and shimmering light plum.

Monsy

winthrop in your photos it looks so much different - beautiful

i personally do not like btib swatches, they are off most of the time

Winthrop44

That makes two of us. Unfortunately swatches are not my forte either, so you may have to check it out in person unless cafemakeup or Sabrina review it.

Miss QQ

Thanks for the pics! Great that there is a US Variation. The texture and pigmentation looks much better, but I actually like the Euro version colours more. So this is one of those quads that have different colours for US and Euro versions but they are of the same name.

Caise

Thanks for the pics! Great that there is a US Variation. The texture and pigmentation looks much better, but I actually like the Euro version colours more. So this is one of those quads that have different colours for US and Euro versions but they are of the same name.
you mean this quad? http://wade-ashore.blogspot.pt/2012/06/chanel-les-4-ombres-37-variation.html
If you would like I could check at Sephora if they still have these quads and I could send you it:)

MaryJane

I have the Variation quad. As pretty as it is in the palette, I can't recommend it. Every shade is shimmery (the kind of shimmer that's in Star Dust blush) so it make it difficult to wear more than 2 shades at once. In certain lights, all I saw was shimmer and not much in the way of pigment. This isn't a must have (in my opinion)

Dominique33

Chanel quads are no must-have I think but they are pretty and wearable. To my mind Nars palettes are must-haves, they're much better than the Chanel quads in terms of colour. I wish we had Chantecaille and Tom Ford here, their quads are gorgeous ! But also expensive. We call that " über luxe " and I fear this is only available in Paris...
But I do love Chanel, the Holiday quad is really beautiful, Variation is not bad but I agree it's not a must-have ( French baked version ).

Winthrop44

Sadly those shimmers really bothered my eyes today.
crybaby.gif

Haven

I have the Variation quad. As pretty as it is in the palette, I can't recommend it. Every shade is shimmery (the kind of shimmer that's in Star Dust blush) so it make it difficult to wear more than 2 shades at once. In certain lights, all I saw was shimmer and not much in the way of pigment. This isn't a must have (in my opinion)

I still haven't ordered this quad. I was going to on Sunday, but something held me back. 4 shimmery shades might not be what I want. I am rather pleased with the Chanel holiday quad and Guerlain's quad and am satified playing around with those at the moment. Now I think that I need to swatch this in person before buying.

Neicy

I just want to say Plantine liner looks amazing on top of the Rouge Noir! I even used it all over the lid.

The new black liner is soo intense, it is amazing!

Neicy

Oh and I Love the Variations quad! Then again, I adore shimmer and metallics!

I need to make a video for swatches. Grab the liners! ;)

Latest posts