Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

elegant-one

I just got my hands on the Rouge Allure Velvets. Bought L'Elegante, Fascinate and Exuberant. It is a pity we did not get Sensuelle, I would have loved to play with it. I have to agree with Miss QQ, the intense shades are super gorgeous especially the reds. I'm in love.

Didn't you also get the Harrods Brompton blush - what do you think of the color on? Also, what about those ^ colors of the Velvets on?

User38

^ Winthrop, I do like la caline a lot.. it is a very plain simple mauvey brown which looks like my lips but mauvier.. not over done and perfect for a nude face... unlike la furtive which needs a more defined eye.

but I am totally in love with Exuberante.. that is my speed of pink.

Miss QQ

I'm not sure if La Caline will look good on me since browns usually don't. It doesn't look straight up brown though, like a more brown and muted version of La Raffinee. I should try Exuberante on my lips. But there's the extrait de gloss version too!

Miss QQ

^^ I like all three! I missed out on Super and wish to get it, great that Kensington is so close! I really hope the collection make it to my counters. Ah, thanks for reminding me. I have the sample card of the velvets and the colours are the same as what you got there. I will try it on! Maybe I will just hold on from buying more velvets and see if the pink RAs come here.

Winthrop44

When I spoke to Chanel.com yesterday about those pink RAs they were pretty solid about them being *only* for Harrods, so although I really don't know what I'm talking about and they may not either
lol.gif
my guess would be they will not turn up elsewhere. On the other hand as long as the others are perm I guess it can't hurt to wait. I find waiting is often a good way to get over something and save $$$.

Bonitinha

Did they get the Velvets sample card at your counter Miss QQ? L'Exuberante is on there. I like it! But that will be a tough choice for me too, between the Velvet and the EdG.

Here is Cafemakeup's review of the Harrods pink lipsticks:

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/10/19/chanel-rouge-allure-hyde-park-belgravia-and-kensington/#comments

And another:

http://vanity-fashionista.blogspot.com/2011/09/chanel-rouge-allure-in-belgravia-hyde.html
Well, I would buy all 3 if they came here!! So gorgeous. Hopefully the people at chanel.com have no idea of what they are talking about -- and maybe they'll release this collection to other countries (fingers crossed).

elegant-one

elegant-one

And, could Liz be any more pretty beautiful & gorgeous! geesh
love.gif

our son use to call me that ^ when he was like 4 or 5 yrs old :)
cry.gif

Winthrop44

I know...I would give up all the lipsticks to look like Liz! But anyway...maybe these could turn up as a Nordies Anniversary exclusive next summer. We can hope, right?

RedVelvetX

http://joeychong.wordpress.com/2011/10/21/chanel-rouge-allure-velvet/

I'm loving La Furtive, I definitely want to buy that one.

jmarie

Thanks for the links!!! Of the 3 Velvet's I tried in Paris I liked 34 La Raffinée best. 33 La Distinguée didn't even show up on me and 32 La ravissante had a little too much pigment for my liking and hubby didn't care for it.