Chanel Rouge Noir Absolument - Holiday 2015

GreenEyedAllie

Does anyone have pics of La Mysterieuse on pale skin? I have an interview next week for the job of a lifetime, and I'm looking for a long-lasting, classy lipstick to give me a bit of confidence. I've got a feeling that all of the Chanel nudes are going to be too sheer/too slippy to last/too dark. The other thing that I'm looking at is adding to my collection of NARS Audacious lipsticks (Vanessa, Raquel, Anna, Julie, or something of that ilk). 
A. NARS Audacious is an amazing formula and well worth the $$ B. Raquel is gorgeous on pale ladies (doesn't look nearly as peach/concealer-like as on Christine). Anita is another good option. Anna is beautiful, but depending on what your skin tones are and what look you're going for, it can look purple-pink (mostly pink).

GreenEyedAllie

Here is La Mysterieuse on my nc15 skin, st fairly bright, I guess it depends what kind of job it is. My favorite Nars Audacious lipstick is Raquel. The perfect nude.
Totally agree about Raquel! Lives in my purse. La Mysterieuse looks awesome on you!
Troublante, I love it!
SO pretty! Can't wait for mine to arrive! I grabbed one from Nordies.
b9934da7_image.jpeg
e26ef454_image.jpeg
Rouge noir lipstick blotted with rouge noir gloss on top
Beautiful! It really is very wearable, huh? Mine should be here Thurs...just the lipstick for me.

Ballerina

Totally agree about Raquel! Lives in my purse. La Mysterieuse looks awesome on you! SO pretty! Can't wait for mine to arrive! I grabbed one from Nordies. Beautiful! It really is very wearable, huh? Mine should be here Thurs...just the lipstick for me.
I blotted it a lot. I'm not used to dark color so just the lipstick was a little intense for me. When she layered the gloss on top it gave it a gorgeous dimension and a more youthful beauty IMO.

GreenEyedAllie

I blotted it a lot. I'm not used to dark color so just the lipstick was a little intense for me. When she layered the gloss on top it gave it a gorgeous dimension and a more youthful beauty IMO.
Whatever she did, it looks lovely on you! You're making me have second thoughts about the gloss...

Ballerina

Whatever she did, it looks lovely on you! You're making me have second thoughts about the gloss...
Adding the gloss, at least for me, was night and day. And I'm not a gloss kind of girl. (I love my les beiges lip balm.) I can totally see myself wearing this combo during the holidays with a black dress, or a crisp white shirt and jeans, etc. Neutral, classic clothes with the burgundy lip....

beauteblogueur

I got the Illusion D'Ombre today.
16430315_image.jpeg
L-R: Rouge Noir, Ebloui, Fatal and New Moon. It's nice, but browner than I was expecting. The red shimmer is fairly subtle compared to other IDo's.

GreenEyedAllie

I got the Illusion D'Ombre today.
16430315_image.jpeg
L-R: Rouge Noir, Ebloui, Fatal and New Moon. It's nice, but browner than I was expecting. The red shimmer is fairly subtle compared to other IDo's.
Don't tell me that! No offense at all, but I seriously hope it does not pull that full on chocolate on me (worried it will because our skin tones seem similar). I have figured out its not super burgundy, but I was still hoping for some red/plum. Fingers crossed!