Christian Louboutin Beauty -- COMING SOON?

Vandekamp

Time for me to start work, have a great day @Vandekamp!
Have a great day too, @awickedshape
wavey.gif

Haven

[COLOR=EE82EE] That's how I've been feeling about TF lately----I'm disheartened by how quickly they become rancid---otherwise I love the formula  but I don't want that constant concern----at $52 a pop.[/COLOR]
Recently I was at NM in Vegas and decided to replace a couple of my TF lipsticks that had turned. Repurchased sable smoke and coco ravish. I should have sniffed them in store, but I was in a hurry leaving that day. I put them in my bag along with other purchases and headed to LA. When I got home and smelled them sure enough they are already beginning to stink. I even had DH due a sniff test comparing other TF ls to these and he could easily tell which ones were off. I have not tried to take them back yet or exchange them. I am just too disgusted by the whole thing.

Medgal07

OK, I have really looked in to the rancid issue, as well as Mama doing the same. This appears to fast becoming a urban legend status. I am sure some might have gone bad, but I am questioning the actual amount. I have also verified with the top stores, be it NM, Nordies, and yes even the TF stores even the online nightmare. You may return them. Most stores have a POS system, so even without a receipt they know where and when you purchased them. Again, in my little world, I think it might be more in the head then really happening. Not that I believe anyone is misrepresenting the truth. It is my world and I love TF.
So far I've had one go bad. Not urban legend-----my personal experience----and one is enough for me. I have quite a substantial stash of TF lippies so I'll just see
what happens. I'll focus on the beauties that I have and love before investing in more at this juncture.

Medgal07

I have not tried to take them back yet or exchange them. I am just too disgusted by the whole thing.
I feel you Haven and I'm so sorry you had to go through this too. It's a huge disappointment because I love the formula and the brand as a whole has produced some
real gems, but this IMHO is a huge fail!!!

allthingsglam

[COLOR=EE82EE] Glammy Djalouzi will look amazing on you and you will absolutely love it!!![/COLOR]:heart:
awwwwwww thanks meddy I bet it's so stunning on u
Sweet. I have yet to buy just one. Crazy, huh? When I think of $100 for a lipstick I do a double take.
Me too But they are sooooo pretty I hope u love them too
Thanks for sharing those swatches. I always loose myself in Saks.
Loveeeee it
Nordstrom has changed it's shipping carrier to USPS which delivers on Sat. So I guess they're trying to do something about their shipping taking so long but now I'm going to have to make friends with whoever this USPS person is going to be as important we have a good relationship lol.
thanks This is great news
[COLOR=EE82EE]Ok Jess---I did it on a paper towel instead of my arm----I'm pretty orange and I wanted you to have a truer idea of their likenesses:[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE].....and don't make fun of me--I label my lippies---that's how I was able to find them so quickly. Especially the MAC one.[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]My labeler is my best friend!!![/COLOR] :pooh: [COLOR=EE82EE]Next to GAB, Bengali, appears more red and GAB leans purple, while Schiap looks pinker than both.  Bottom line----they're all different! [/COLOR]
they all look so beautiful
I kinda like the red matte lipstick. If I do breakdown I will likely get that one first. Time will tell.
yessssss this color is going to be stunning on u
Exactly! My Christmas present to myself this year is a Louis Vuitton Lockit GM for $3,430.
Yessssss enjoy
Truth be told he loves me and will not care. At least he won't tell me so. If i was smart i should tell him to get me the handbag and I'll get the CL lipstick. :lulz: Now if I told him to get me the handbag he would balk at that. 
u speaking my kind of language
I was eyeing a Pallas but ended getting two Coach bags lol I'm very particular when it comes to what I'm looking for in a bag, and I don't like all their bags, but here and there I get styles I love, like my beloved Madison leather hobos.
nice Enjoy

LauraLara

Rococotte swatch set coming later today I hope, unless I get stuck on campus. I'm shocked and disturbed by how many rococotte-y colors I apparently already have... I think it's a color that looks amazing on everyone so I'm always buying dupes but then it doesn't stand out when I'm digging through my makeup drawer, I always go grayer or purpler or browner. I have an idea! I have all my lipsticks listed in a file on my computer (so I can use find every time I want a new lipstick and make sure I don't already have it in some palette or something), I can copy and paste all the names to my flash card program and just click shuffle every day! It would be a randomly selected different lipstick for every day. That would be fun. Anyway, I'll get the swatches up later. I'm saving Miss Loubi for last since it's like my signature shade.

Medgal07

Rococotte swatch set coming later today I hope, unless I get stuck on campus. I'm shocked and disturbed by how many rococotte-y colors I apparently already have... I think it's a color that looks amazing on everyone so I'm always buying dupes but then it doesn't stand out when I'm digging through my makeup drawer, I always go grayer or purpler or browner. I have an idea! I have all my lipsticks listed in a file on my computer (so I can use find every time I want a new lipstick and make sure I don't already have it in some palette or something), I can copy and paste all the names to my flash card program and just click shuffle every day! It would be a randomly selected different lipstick for every day. That would be fun. Anyway, I'll get the swatches up later. I'm saving Miss Loubi for last since it's like my signature shade.
Both are beautiful shades. There could be a Miss Loubi in my future too
girlhaha.gif

awickedshape

Have a great day too, @awickedshape
wavey.gif

flower.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

awwwwwww thanks meddy
I bet it's so stunning on u
Me too
But they are sooooo pretty
I hope u love them too
Loveeeee it
thanks
This is great news
they all look so beautiful
yessssss this color is going to be stunning on u
Yessssss enjoy
u speaking my kind of language
nice
Enjoy

Thank you!

Haven

I feel you Haven and I'm so sorry you had to go through this too. It's a huge disappointment because I love the formula and the brand as a whole has produced some
I agree! I shouldn't have to smell a $52 lipstick prior to purchase to see if it is going bad. Epic fail! This has made me wary of purchasing anymore of his lip products.

boschicka

I agree! I shouldn't have to smell a $52 lipstick prior to purchase to see if it is going bad. Epic fail! This has made me wary of purchasing anymore of his lip products.
iagree.gif
Very frustrating!

Winthrop44

Nordstrom has changed it's shipping carrier to USPS which delivers on Sat. So I guess they're trying to do something about their shipping taking so long but now I'm going to have to make friends with whoever this USPS person is going to be as important we have a good relationship lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by GreenEyedAllie

If that's why I had one item arrive overnight and another next day (with standard free shipping), then I am O.K. With this development.
So far USPS delivery has resulted in much longer delivery times for me from Nordies. My postal carrier seems annoyed as well, and I can't say I blame her. She has to get out of her truck just to deliver my packages to my door since they won't fit in my mailbox.

Medgal07

So far USPS delivery has resulted in much longer delivery times for me from Nordies. My postal carrier seems annoyed as well, and I can't say I blame her. She has to get out of her truck just to deliver my packages to my door since they won't fit in my mailbox.
We must get a lot of deliveries in my area. Our carriers delivery on foot and then take the packages, requiring that they get out of the truck. If they had fewer packages
they could deliver everything on foot. They usually ring the bell when they leave packages. I thought this was an opportunity for USPS because they have been
hemorrhaging money over the years.

Winthrop44

We must get a lot of deliveries in my area. Our carriers delivery on foot and then take the packages, requiring that they get out of the truck. If they had fewer packages
they could deliver everything on foot. They usually ring the bell when they leave packages. I thought this was an opportunity for USPS because they have been
hemorrhaging money over the years.
That's true -- it is good in terms of keeping USPS in business.

Sugar & Spice

Yeah USPS probably is charging Nordstrom a lot less for shipping services compared to UPS because USPS is hurting for money. Its also taking longer for my packages as with UPS I would gotten them Thursday but with USPS I'm not getting them until Friday. Hopefully my mail carrier doesn't get annoyed as I do order a lot from Nordstrom and Nordstrom will quickly split up an order to keep it from being delayed.

My TF SA emailed me yesterday and stated she is no longer with the brand. She had already expressed to me her disappointment with the direction the brand is going and of course the issues with the lipsticks. So her email doesn't surprise me as I knew it was coming, I'm already cordial with another TF SA and I'll go to her instead of whoever my SA replacement is as the new SA usually takes over the former SA's clients and the new SA has already called me about Holiday but I'm not interested and probably won't be engaging in TF anytime soon.

elegant-one

We got a new lady carrier a few years ago. She loves delivering all of our mail inside our garage on a table instead of the mailbox - we just leave a bottle of wine for her
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts