Collection Moiré - Le Rouge Chanel

shontay07108

3711186d_20130913_140659.jpeg
Just picked up Indecise. LOVE IT! Here it is with Constellation glossimer over it. It also has a lip liner which the MA put on me, unsure of the name. Taken outside in overcast weather.
That is gorgeous.

elkaknits

I got a call today from my gal and it finally arrived at my counter. Huzzah! I tried on Ambigue and think it is a perfect daytime MLBB type of color. I am not sure on the Rose Moire but I returned the Dior Destin in hopes RM would work. Destin was too grey for me and looked like I was dead or something. I also had a hard look at Impulsive and Audacious and those are the types of colors My Beloved approves of so I might pick them up. He really really liked the Rouge Moire

My counter did not get the Violette or Gold :C

LiliV

I am not sure on the Rose Moire but I returned the Dior Destin in hopes RM would work.  Destin was too grey for me and looked like I was dead or something.
This is my hesitation on Rose Moiré as well, I'm really pale (and cool toned) so I'm not really a nude nails girl. I have a few that I think suit me really nicely but a lot of times nude polishes on me look blah even if they're shimmery. I have Frenzy from last year's fall collection and it's so boring on me it's too flat and putty colored, I only ever wear it w a glitter on the tips to jazz it up but even then it's just ok. I notice warm nudes work better on me I think Frenzy is too much bc its cool and I'm cool. I think I still want to get Rose Moiré though I think the pink hue will work

elkaknits

It is funny. Tina called to say they got in two polishes a wine colored one Rouge Moire and a Purple one called Rose Moire.... it does have a lavender tinge to it instead of a gray tinge.

I got quartz as my nudish Chanel and my husband did not like it on me so I returned it. So far all my polishes are red, purple, blue, green and frenchies. I cannot find a nude that I like. This one is frosty enough that it looks very 80's. I have been staring at it for 2 days now and I don't think I will pick it up. The Rouge however is TDF

katred

Specktra Bestie
Swatches courtesy of Cafe Makeup on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/eQMpO6wbcg/#
http://instagram.com/p/eQM4b-wbc5/#

I'm trying to figure out which is which...

The reds all look beautiful, although somewhat similar in these shots. I'm particularly smitten by the last on on the right in the top row and the second and third ones on the bottom row.

Bonitinha

Swatches courtesy of Cafe Makeup on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/eQMpO6wbcg/#
http://instagram.com/p/eQM4b-wbc5/#

I'm trying to figure out which is which...

The reds all look beautiful, although somewhat similar in these shots. I'm particularly smitten by the last on on the right in the top row and the second and third ones on the bottom row.
So gorgeous! I have checked out swatches on other sites and think maybe I have some of the top row figured out:
beige -- Indecise, peachy coral -- Etonnante, pink -- Suprenante -- actually not sure about the reds, they all look different in different light -- but so gorgeous!

I could be wrong -- so let me know if you figure out what names to the swatches :)

elkaknits

I can tell you that the one on far right at bottom is Farouch "shimmering brown" and the one just before it is the one I tried on my lips instead of just on hand Ambique "Pearlescent berry"

katred

Specktra Bestie
Woohoo! The collection launched early at one of my counters. I swatched all the shades and was ready to buy the two glosses immediately, since I'm certain they're different from any that I have, but I finally gave up after waiting twenty minutes while the assistant was with another customer. I get that she is supposed to help people, but if you have someone standing there, perhaps you could ask your customer if it's OK to let him check out some of the men's scents on his own while you help another customer? Or at least maybe skip the process of trying to sign him up to your mailing list? It was in the middle of the day on a Wednesday, so it's not like there was a lot of traffic. Maybe it's me 20+ minutes seemed a long time to wait. (Especially since this was my second pass. The first time I stopped at the counter there was no one working there.)

Anyway, the good news is that the shades are as beautiful as I'd hoped. Only slight disappointment is Ambigue, which is more of a brown-purple than a berry. It's pretty, but a bit too much on the brown side for me. It reminded me of Culte RC. The reds are lovely, although I don't think you'd need them all. To my eye, the superstars are the glosses, but I'll almost definitely be picking up lipsticks as well...

elkaknits

hmmm and for me ambique was the stand out. It doesn't have a lot of pigment in the sense that it seemed kinda sheer but had all a sort of iridescence to it that reminded me of a shimmer gloss. Or maybe because it was a nude-ish lip to me with lovely shimmers that got caught in life giving my mouth a wee bit of oomph. Frankly I am getting a wee bit tired of red and pink. GASP You know I am team red and will end up buying them anyway but after a while the reds all start looking the same GASP again. Hey I have hundreds of them... comon don't you guys start thinking pillar box red or blue red or pink red and realizing you have a zillion the same shade? It can't just be meeeeee

katred

Specktra Bestie
I should have clarified: Ambigue is only a disappointment to me because it isn't the sort of shade that I can wear. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the colour objectively speaking. I'm just being selfish.

Anyway, here's a shot I grabbed while I was waiting and waiting and waiting... Taken with my phone, so it's not the best, but still OK:

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/eaxSi8o62t/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Controversy and Reflexion are on the left side.

Right side, top to bottom:

Ambigue
Farouche
Enigmatique
Impulsive
Audacieuse
Suprenante

EDIT: OK, embed code seems to not be working, so here's the link to the pic:

http://instagram.com/p/eaxSi8o62t/

elkaknits

Oh Katred! I hadn't even tried the reddish gloss since it looked like nothing special in tube. I think I prefer it to controversy which seemed a bit dark to me. Of course it was like 100 degrees and I was tired and cranky from shopping {for groceries not cosmetics or shoes which would never make me cranky} I am fairly positive when the weather actually cools I will be oooh la la over controversy but for now it is the dog days of summer and I cannot imagine something that dark on me

Thank You so very much for the swatches

elkaknits

nods... I really do think the sheered out plum {it is sheerish on your hand too isn't it?} and the red gloss are my first picks. I totally would not have thought that from color story but those are what appeals to me at the moment

Miss QQ

I should have clarified: Ambigue is only a disappointment to me because it isn't the sort of shade that I can wear. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the colour objectively speaking. I'm just being selfish.

Anyway, here's a shot I grabbed while I was waiting and waiting and waiting... Taken with my phone, so it's not the best, but still OK:

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/eaxSi8o62t/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Controversy and Reflexion are on the left side.

Right side, top to bottom:

Ambigue
Farouche
Enigmatique
Impulsive
Audacieuse
Suprenante

EDIT: OK, embed code seems to not be working, so here's the link to the pic:

http://instagram.com/p/eaxSi8o62t/
I like Suprenante!

Bonitinha

Katred -- thanks for the amazing swatches! They look so saturated and gorgeous! The reds lean a little more pink that I had originally thought. How to decide which ones??

Teger

Updated the OP to reflect the Chanel.com exclusive shade 126 Equivoque... The collection isn't online yet but keep an eye out for it.

My favorites from this collection (and the ones I bought) are the Rose Poudré lipliner and Indecise (the beige-pink) lipstick. Of course the two glosses are to die for. (going to wait on the glosses since they're permanent... supposedly)

Haven

Updated the OP to reflect the Chanel.com exclusive shade 126 Equivoque... The collection isn't online yet but keep an eye out for it.

My favorites from this collection (and the ones I bought) are the Rose Poudré lipliner and Indecise (the beige-pink) lipstick. Of course the two glosses are to die for. (going to wait on the glosses since they're permanent... supposedly)

Thank you for the update! I am assuming that the exclusive shade will be LE.