ColourPop

SassyWonder

This launch was a nightmare. I tried for 5 hours and got nothing. Ill wait a few weeks and get what I want then. I have plenty of liquid lipsticks to hold me over until then. Im also curious to hear reviews from customers. I love LC and KVD formulas hoping these are as good.

SassyWonder

People are so upset about this, to the point of being extremely rude, especially on social media.  Let's be honest, would you have needed them within a few days (not directing this at anyone in specific)? Will waiting a bit really put a damper on your life? I know when I receive new makeup, usually lipsticks, I don't rush to wear them.  I try them on, then put them away for another day when I want to use them.  I was upset that I couldn't get any, but then I thought about it and was like man, I do not NEED these, and people are wayyyyyyy over reacting about the situation.
I saw that too! People act like they aren't perm and their life depends on getting them right now. Theres really nasty enery going around this on social media today. Geez!

Rebby Writer

Yeah, I'm upset that I refreshed like a motha and got nothing in the end, but I thought "eh. I could spend that on something else." It's just too bad that everything that I want to purchase makeup-wise is/has been sold out for a while. I just hope this isn't going to be like Boba which has been sold out for a good chunk of time, now. I also hope that the majority of the people who got the lipsticks are actually going to use and appreciate them instead of trying to hawk them out. I also wanted to get use out of that coupon code and I'm not going to buy something for the sake of $5 off. *le sigh*

I'm seeing the silver lining in this. Even though I only wanted to try three and got none, I now have no choice but to see how the public feels about these and make my own decision if I really want them or not. I can also get other products from them. After all, one can never have too many lippie stix!

sullenxriot182

The whole thing was a mess! The past few times they launched stuff, I had a bit of trouble using their site right away but I waited a few hours and all was fine. I was excited for these and then got annoyed that they said the launch time was 5 (or 8 for me, east coast!) but at least they gave us an actual time. It took me until 8:56 to get my order through but I was able to get what I wanted. Still really, really shocked that they sold out of them though! I hope they don't start purposely making less of stuff like other companies do just to get more buzz going. And of course the evil eBayers have discovered the need for ColourPop now.

laurennnxox

People are so upset about this, to the point of being extremely rude, especially on social media. Let's be honest, would you have needed them within a few days (not directing this at anyone in specific)? Will waiting a bit really put a damper on your life? I know when I receive new makeup, usually lipsticks, I don't rush to wear them. I try them on, then put them away for another day when I want to use them. I was upset that I couldn't get any, but then I thought about it and was like man, I do not NEED these, and people are wayyyyyyy over reacting about the situation.
I agree with the fact that people have no need to be rude over a makeup launch. However, I can understand their frustrations for sure! I was refreshing and checking back for hours and walked away with nothing. It's annoying and frustrating but definitely, definitely no need to be nasty on social media! People will do anything behind basically anonymous posts. I was just hoping to place a nice sized order and also capitalize on the $5 off code (basically a free shadow). I'm doubtful they'll be restocked that quickly and I don't really want to place two separate orders since if I split it up it won't meet the free shipping minimum. Oh well!

I think the take away here is that CP is still a new and growing company. They have to make mistakes to learn. I think they knew the huge hype around these, but still you can't always exactly predict the type of server power you're going to need. A few things I hope they take away from this: 1. Don't give exact launch times. Can cause excessive flooding of traffic all at once. & 2. For extremely anticipated products, for the first batch they should limit the quantity of each shade someone is buying. Especially for a small company that isn't churning these out of giant manufacturing facilities. Nobody needs 10, 15, 20+ of a shade that's permanent. It would have been nice for us all to have a shot at picking up a shade or two (forgetting the server errors!)

But yes, definitely agreeing with you-- people can be so vicious.

TwiggyPop

I saw that too! People act like they aren't perm and their life depends on getting them right now. Theres really nasty enery going around this on social media today. Geez!
It's probably the eBay leaches going nuts because their presale is going to go up in flames. Haha!

Avarier

I think the take away here is that CP is still a new and growing company. They have to make mistakes to learn. I think they knew the huge hype around these, but still you can't always exactly predict the type of server power you're going to need. A few things I hope they take away from this: 1. Don't give exact launch times. Can cause excessive flooding of traffic all at once. & 2. For extremely anticipated products, for the first batch they should limit the quantity of each shade someone is buying. Especially for a small company that isn't churning these out of giant manufacturing facilities. Nobody needs 10, 15, 20+ of a shade that's permanent. It would have been nice for us all to have a shot at picking up a shade or two (forgetting the server errors!)

But yes, definitely agreeing with you-- people can be so vicious.
It went much smoother for the last few launches when they secretly released them the night before. No flooding and crashing.

They should definitely limit the number of shades you can buy!! I hope they see that people are trying to sell them on ebay already and take that precautionary step in the future.

Avarier

the price from these ebay sellers is DISGUSTING! 18.99?!?! WOW.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colourpop-Ultra-Matte-Lip-Liquid-Lipsticks-Choose-Shade-PRESALE-BNIB-Colour-pop-/181780927543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2a52fcd437

nikkideevah

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colourpop-Ultra-Matte-Lip-Liquid-Lipsticks-Choose-Shade-PRESALE-BNIB-Colour-pop-/181780927543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2a52fcd437
ridiculous...

Dolly Snow

ohboy.gif

Mayanas

I tried yesterday and i couldnt order anything. For 6 dollars everybody want them. so im not angry they are permanents.

SassyWonder

I didn't know you were allowed to presale an item on ebay. :shock: They can insure that they will be able to fulfill those ordeers. Can they?

dash4

I bet it is going to take forever to get these shipped. During the promotion for the free birthday eyeshadow - it took them over 2 weeks to get here.. (ordered on may 24 - did not arrive until June 9th)..

Shars

I didn't know you were allowed to presale an item on ebay.
icon_eek.gif
They can insure that they will be able to fulfill those ordeers. Can they?
You're not supposed to. If they can't fulfil the order, they will have to cancel the person's order.

Dolly Snow

I bet it is going to take forever to get these shipped. During the promotion for the free birthday eyeshadow - it took them over 2 weeks to get here.. (ordered on may 24 - did not arrive until June 9th)..
I received my shipping confirm at 7am this morning...it surprised me
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts