complete list of d/c items.

Bernadette

I recieved this info in a handout from my manager today. These items are now discontinued:

Opal Lustreglass
Jewel Blue eyeshadow
Fancy Ray Blushcreme
Lovin' Pink nail polish
Fresco lipstick
Greenify perfume
Lustrebean ProLongwear
Prep & Prime Eye Dark
Go Vin Go ProLongwear
Blurburry Shadestick
Smoothberry Cremestick
Prep & Prime Eye Deep/Dark
Oval Sponge
Overstated ProLongwear
Kid Orange nail polish
Select Tint NW50
Select Sheer powder puff
Femme Forever ProLongwear
Lady Minx nail polish
Moistureblend NW15
Select SPF 15 NW55
Select SPF 15 NW40
Select SPF 15 NW50
Select SPF 15 NC15

Sorry I for not really categorizing them. I'm pretty surpried about the foundations that are getting the ax :shrug:.

aziajs

Re: DC'D items as of 9/13

It worries me when MAC starts discontinuing their foundations in darker shades.

kymmilee

Noooooo! not moistureblend in nw15! That's the only foundation I can use!
D: D: D: D: D: D:

astronaut

I'm so glad they're discontinuing Jewel Blue. I hated that shadow lol.

starr

hey guys maybe we could just keep one thread and list all the d/c MAC items. It would be nice to have like a tally or something and we'll just update this thread
smiles.gif
I for one would like to have a list of all the items discontinued (which may last for years) in one place
smiles.gif

Post away!
greengrin.gif

MAC_Whore

Thanks for the scoop, Bernadette!

I see Fancy Ray Blushcreme, but where they hay did Cherche go? My absolute fave Blushcreme! :0

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

Me too.
ssad.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

I agree. Have some of the darker Studio Tech's been d/c'd too? I saw some in a CCO a while back and wondered why they were there. I wonder what the rationale behind it is...

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I agree. Have some of the darker Studio Tech's been d/c'd too? I saw some in a CCO a while back and wondered why they were there. I wonder what the rationale behind it is...

They used to have Studio Tech in NW60. That was DCd ages ago. That is the only DC'd one I know about.

CCOs will get current, regular items sometimes. There presence in a CCO doesn't necessarily equate to DC status. Phew!
winks.gif

I can only hope that they are DCing some of the darker foundations (listed in the first post) to reformulate and reintroduce them. Better colour stabilization. I guess we shall see.

melliquor

I am surprised at the lighter and darker shades of foundation being d/c. Hopefully they are making them better.

talk2mesun

On the maccosmetics.com website Llama also has a triangle of death next to it. Falling Star isn't even on the page anymore - it didn't even get a triangle stage!

MAC_Whore

Petalescent ES is sporting the ToD now too.
ssad.gif

Isn't it funny that we all get upset when a shadow gets DCd? Imagine if they kept them all. They would need a displayer for about 500 eyeshadows. Damn, that's one big counter!
smiles.gif

ivorygleam

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I'm so glad they're discontinuing Jewel Blue. I hated that shadow lol.

I LOVE this colors... omg... so like, if i go to the MAC store is it pulled... or when its out of stock it won't be coming back! I've never had this happen before to a color I liked!

kimmy

guh i wish i would have read this before i went to the counter today so i would have known to pick up a tube of opal lustreglass.
ssad.gif

gingerbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle

I don't work for MAC so I have no inside information, but my guess would be that these colors don't sell well in that formulation. Perhaps the darker colors are more popular in StudioFix fluid and powder. If you look at most cosmetic companies, their most popular formulas usually have a much wider range of shades than the less popular ones.

Luckily I don't use MAC foundations, but if I did, I'd have been SoL a while back as my foundation shade, C5 is only available in Face and Body, which I hated, and my concealer, Studio Finish in the pot in NW35, was also recently axed.

Latest posts