corn
cedarrose

cherche
uncommon
fancy ray

MAC_Whore

Re: DC'D items as of 9/13

/\ Thanks for the info!

Holy Smokes! Those are some good ones! I was wondering how long Chartru and Canton Candy would be able to hang on.

They are really cleaning house with the shadesticks.

Most bummed about:

Chartru
Silver Stroke
Velvet Moss
Cherche
Royal Wink
Femme Noir

erine1881

i know. i love my greens, especially velvet moss and femme noir. now i can't wear them to work anymore.
ssad.gif

Danapotter

No! Not my Royal Hue! That is my only base that helps purples show up on me!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

A lot of products are getting the axe!
ssad.gif

mena22787

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
JEWEL BLUE????? That makes no sense that color is so pretty i might have to buy a backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
oh no!!! not jewel blue! its in my wishlist!!!

i'd say that jewel blue is getting the boot since clarity from the matte2 collction is perm. and since clarity has a better formula and is *what seems* to be the same color, there's no need for jewel blue anymore

aziajs

Oh My God! I can't believe they are discontinuing all this stuff.

I have been meaning to get these:
silverstroke
iris eyes
non-conformist

loud lash

I wanted to try these:
structural brown
deep shadow

I really like these:
velvet moss
femme noir

I guess this was inevitable:
royal hue
crimsonaire
gracious me
shimmersand
silver blue
overcast
blurburry
corn
cedarrose

I HAVE to get these:
cherche
uncommon

erine1881

hey aziajs, just to let you know, we got rid of all that stuff and alot of LE stuff yesterday, so none of it is left in our store. hopefully the locations close to you were slow to act so you can get some stuff.

captodometer

Seriously bummed about the Prep&Prime Eye Dark and Deep Dark. Wonder what MAC was thinking with this one. The color range for this product now ends at Medium Dark. What about the rest of us who are darker? It's not like the extra melanin helps the eyeshadows stick to our eyelids
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

/\ I wonder if they are going to reformulate the Prep + Prime or come out with a wider range of colours for the paints?

I am an NW25 and Painterly Paint is the perfect base match for me. IMO, it is what the Prep + Prime Eye should have been. I have never been a big fan of the Prep + Prime Eye (sure, I went thru the inital stages of infatuation-like I do with most of the products
winks.gif
).

I would love to see them expand the paint shade range to accomodate all shades of skin for the purpose of being used as a base.

lethaldesign

Out of curiousity, how long does it usually take for stores & counters to pull the DC'd products from display and ship off?

Wondering what my chances are at getting some of the recently DC'd items at my store...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Out of curiousity, how long does it usually take for stores & counters to pull the DC'd products from display and ship off?

Wondering what my chances are at getting some of the recently DC'd items at my store...

apparently it is different for stores & counters. i work at a macys counter, and we did ours 2-3 weeks ago, but when i went down for update, this past weekend, i went to the store to buy my stuff, and they hadn't even gotten the DC'd list yet. plus, most of the stuff that we dc'd is still online.

when we get the list of stuff to pull, there is a "send out by" date. this date varies each time. there is no set time frame.

syrene78

Falling Star e/s and Rage l/s are now gone! SO fast!
What about Pink Freeze, Retrospect and Steamy?
They don't have a triangle?
Are they really going?
ssad.gif

Does anyone know of any pigments being discontinued this yeat as well???

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
What about Pink Freeze, Retrospect and Steamy?
They don't have a triangle?
Are they really going?
ssad.gif

they aren't being dc'd.

ms.marymac

Greenify got the ax? I know it's a kooky scent, but I think it smells better than the pink one (no offense to any Pinkaura luvas out there)!

I am going to have to completely redo my palettes so I don't forget and wear d/c shadows to work. *pets Femme Noir and sniffles*
ssad.gif

Asinda

GREENIFY?!?!

That is the perfect,"green leafy life everywhere" summer scent it took me 2 years to find...
ssad.gif
This has brought me incredible sadness. I LOVE this perfume. Must buy a back-up.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asinda
GREENIFY?!?!

That is the perfect,"green leafy life everywhere" summer scent it took me 2 years to find...
ssad.gif
This has brought me incredible sadness. I LOVE this perfume. Must buy a back-up.

I have gone thru 3 bottles of it. Eventually I got bored with it, but it was nice to know that it was there if I got the urge to buy it again. Maybe they will come up with something better. Turquatic is the only one that most everyone seems to love.

ms.marymac

Has any other MAC employees noticed that once you RTV D/C or LE products people come in within the next couple of weeks asking for them? Murphy's Law! Products sit there collecting dust and once the ax drops people run out. :crap:

Katura

Funny...our new schematics include velvet moss, jewel blue, and feem noir...if they were discontinued...wouldnt they be off the schematic???

hmm...methinks something funnnnnny is up.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
Funny...our new schematics include velvet moss, jewel blue, and feem noir...if they were discontinued...wouldnt they be off the schematic???

hmm...methinks something funnnnnny is up.

In my experience in working with MAC, a lot of the time the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing at MAC HQ. I'll bet the schematics are outdated or incorrect. Just my guess.
winks.gif