• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Depotting w/ a Straight Iron

Makeuplovingal

Used this tutorial today and it worked awesome! Depotted 12 shadows in half an hour!
thmbup.gif

MissMatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
Where can I find this parchment paper?

I'm wondering this too.

I'd really like to try depotting this way. It looks so much easier than the other ways I've seen.

ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
Where can I find this parchment paper?

i used to buy it @ wal-mart but i have not been able to find it there lately, now i buy it at a kitchen supply shop.

and again, so glad that you ladies are loving this, thanks for the feedback!

fash10nista

If I was debating whether or not to depot, this has just changed my mind!!! (I was seriously running out of room.)

I am certainly going to try this (pending a flat iron/magnetic sheet/15-pan empty palette purchase) soon! Thanks for sharing!

MiCHiE

I used toilet tissue instead of parchment paper (on the highest setting, under my supervision). I love this method. It's one of the most practical and one of the best.

dreaminofnyc

this method is BEYOND easy.
it's amazing.
I depotted 2 eyeshadows tonight within about 6 minutes
smiles.gif

I've tried the candle method and, to say the least, that was difficult--- not to mention I thought I would die from the plastic fumes i was inhaling
winks.gif

Belle85

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this method! I just did my first depotting, and depotted 16 mac, 2 napoleon, and a couple of old elizabeth arden e/s! Was super easy and didn't take that long at all. I used an old muster hair straightener as i was a little worried about damage to my ghd, but there were no burns or anything
greengrin.gif

Chic 2k6

i just followed this tutorial earlier! i depotted 12 e/s in 30 mins and i got no damage what so ever! I used my GHDs, they go up to 180 degrees C

Mars818

Urban Decay Fits In Mac Pallet Too!!!

OMG Thanks!!!!!!!!!! You girls are so innovative!! I love these little hidden tips!! I have the big pallet and a few random ones I got before I bought the pallet and now I have all my shadows in ONE place!!! I also had a few Urban Decay shadows which I did the same thing to! They fit in the MAC pallet!! yayy.

Thankssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
thmbup.gif
clap.gif

TippyeMom

THANK YOU for posting this!!! I just depotted my first two shadows and this method worked like a charm.

emmyengine

I tried this to depot my first shadow: Bronze (my fave, too) bah, bad choice, because I don't think I left it long enough and then I tried to pry it out. Didn't work. Decided to try to poke it out from the bottom of the plastic insert, AND the tip of my knife went THROUGH the plastic AND the pan! And through my beloved bronze. T_______T

I did the rest of my depotting with a candle... I found it so much easier to monitor (even though of possible carcinogens emitted!) I'm just not patient enough! D:

madkitty

anyone tried it with GHD's - Id love to know how long to leave them for as the GHD's dont have adjustable heat settings

Latest posts