Destin, FL CCO (Silver Sands Factory Stores)

farra712

I live about 3 hours from Destin and may be going to the CCO there. Has anyone been to that one lately or ever? Is it any good? I drove 2 and a half to one in AL and it sucked. I hate to call them and interrogate them on everything they have in their stock....If anyone could let me know what they might have that's not the regular stuff (foundations, shave cream, etc) that would be awesome!!!!

72Cosmo

I would just call them. If you're 3 hours away you have every right to find out what they have.

maxwell123

I am in California and am not familiar with CCO ~ Is that a shopping mall located on the East Coast ~ What does it stand for? Thanks...

leobrat

Cosmetic Company Outlet.
They are owned by Estee Lauder. It is basically where they sell thier overstock at a reduced price. HTH

luckyprecious

Destin, Florida? I've been there. The selection isn't very big at all. They had a lot of pallettes like tailormade though, and some little mac bags. I bought sprout there.

farra712

That sucks! Why do I live nearest to all the sucky CCO's??? Well I live near the sucky everything...there really isn't anything in Mississippi!

lsperry

I went to the CCO in Destin, FL today

MY HAUL:

Shadesticks: Gracious Me, Crimsonaire
Eye Shadows: Moon’s Reflection, Felt Blue, Zonk Bleu!, Melton Mauve, Knight Divine.
Pearlette and Opulent pearlizer sheer pigments (Love, love opulent – should’ve gotten 2).
I’m so excited I got these palettes -
Patternmaker: 6 cool eyes
Patternmaker: 6 warm eyes
These palettes are what led me to Specktra! When I saw they were gone from Nordstrom’s site in August, I Googled “Patternmaker” to try to find if anyone else sold it. I knew nothing about how MAC marketed their products. Specktra was one of the sites in the search listings!

One aside though….This is my third time visiting this CCO – it’s an hour’s drive from home; 40 minutes from work. The first time there was no problem with the amount I bought. Last month I bought 5 things. The clerk told me I was limited to buying 3 items and that she would have to ring up 3 items and then 2 items. I told her I didn’t know there was a limit; that I read the sign that said the limit was 3 of the ”same” color, not product. She said there was a limit of only 3 products per cosmetic line – e.g., 3 MACs, 3 Prescriptives, 3 Estee Lauders, 3 Bobbi Browns, etc. This time, though, there was no mention of any limits at all. Maybe this was a training issue for that clerk and she didn’t understand the policy.

I, also, asked when they stocked the shelves. Both clerks told me they receive stock around the middle of the month – and it takes them sometime up to a week to get all the products on the shelves. And she also said that they hadn’t had any pigments or MSFs for a long time! (She suggested I call; their phone no. is 850 650-1660).

I wish I could remember all the products and colors I saw like some posters do. But what I do remember is they had one of the brush sets from the Pattermaker collection, Saks 2004 Holiday Set, other Holiday lip sets, shadesticks, foundations, eyeshadows, concealers, bronzers and the regular fluidlines – there were no LE ones.

eowyn797

yeah i have been to a couple of CCOs in California over the years and they are ALL over the map as to what the rules are. i believe that the rule *is* 3 of one color most of the time, except where palettes and gift sets and the like are concerned and then you can only get three total of those from any brand.

sometimes they tell me it's 3 of each color, sometimes they tell me it's 3 of each finish (like Lustre, Frost, etc...which makes...*no* sense what so freaking ever) and sometimes it's 3 of each type (lipstick, e/s, etc). i have *never* been told it was 3 products from a line, period. they act like they don't want to make any money at all. it doesn't make any sense to me.

it'd be nice if we could e-mail Estee Lauder and ask them to detail their CCO purchase policy, print it out and take it in with you when you go. that'd simple things up real quick.

YvetteJeannine

ISPERRY:

Where do ya live?? My in-laws live in Port St. Joe/Mexico Beach area...it's SO beautiful there....we are considering moving there....Is that the area you are from..?

Sorry to hijack the thread
winks.gif

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
ISPERRY:

Where do ya live?? My in-laws live in Port St. Joe/Mexico Beach area...it's SO beautiful there....we are considering moving there....Is that the area you are from..?

Sorry to hijack the thread
winks.gif

Sorry, I didn't see this until today. I live in Panama City and work in Panama City Beach, FL. I know Port St. Joe/Mexico Beach well....Mexico Beach is the eastern-most city in Bay County. St. Joe is adjacent to Mexico Beach in Gulf County. Mexico Beach/St Joe is about an hour from Panama City. Panama City Beach is the western-most city of Bay County....Quite a geography lesson, eh? But, yes, Mexico Beach and St. Joe are quite beautiful -- Their beaches are still pristine -- not so tourist laden as is Panama City Beach. Since I do field-work in Panama City Beach, I battle the Spring-break crowds and tourists in the spring and summer and the snow-birds in the winter!

But, I visited the Destin CCO today. I was surprised to see they had lessened the space by half where they usually display MAC. I asked the clerk why; she said they had received more of the other brands' products. They still have the Patternmaker collection (lip and eye palettes, brushes, etc.), same lipsticks, same shadesticks and fluidlines, mostly dark foundations and powders. But I did see NW100 in the hyper-real foundation.

I got -
Another opulent pearlizer - Love this for blush and shadow!
Eyeshadows - Stars 'N Rockets, Little Minx, Flashtrack, Pink Source, Dazzlelight
Refined Deeper Bronze bronzing powder
Hyper real foundation
Nautural MSF - Dark (I was surprised to see these -- they had all the shades)

The prices were still the same - $9.50 for eyeshadow, $17.25 for Natural MSF and bronzing powder and $17 for hyper real SPF 15 foundation.

She also told me they had put out the new stuff at the beginning of the week and would not be getting a new shipment in until after Xmas.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
She said everything went so fast this time because people were buying MAC for Xmas gifts!
smiles.gif

nikki

Has anyone been to this CCO recently? I will be there during the summer and was wondering if it will be worth my time?

TDoll

Hey guys! I'm going to Panama City Beach on Wednesday
th_DANCE.gif
and I've already warned my hubby that I'm dragging him to Destin one day just to go to this particular CCO...
So has anyone been there lately?? Is it worth the short trip??

TDoll

Alright, alright... I'm leavin' tomorrow, so it looks like I'm gonna brave it and drive over there! Granted, its only like 30 or 40 minutes and there are other stores around, but still. Hopefully I can find something there at least!!

lsperry

I went last week and they had 2 Emote blushes & about 4 others, 2 MES (family silver and earthly riches), all 4 Antiquitease Holiday '07 palettes, brush sets, All fluidlines, lots of es including permanent, matte2, and LE ones, trip palette, the 2 palettes from Novel Twist, Warmed, Light Flush and Glissade MSFs, Belightful IPP, various foundations and scents. That's all I can remember. Their MAC section is very, very small, but there was a good selection.

ItaliNicki

Thank you for your postings! I'm from CA and go to a local CCO over here. Does anyone know why some CCo's have a good selection and others don't?? My CCO almost never has single eye shadows and doesn't really get a whole lot of LE things, just christmas stuff. . .

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaliNicki
Thank you for your postings! I'm from CA and go to a local CCO over here. Does anyone know why some CCo's have a good selection and others don't?? My CCO almost never has single eye shadows and doesn't really get a whole lot of LE things, just christmas stuff. . .

I agree; it does seem odd that some CCOs get a variety of products and others get little. I've been going to the Destin CCO for about 2 years and have NEVER seen pigments or non-natural MSFs. Last Tues was the 1st time I've ever seen the MSFs. In addition they never have more than 7 or 8 brushes and never a 187, 188, kabuki, etc.

I went to the Foley, AL, Tanger Outlet in March and was like a kid in a candy store. They had a LARGE MAC display. I had to make 2 purchases 'cause I ran over the $300 limit.

Thebreat works at a CCO; Here is some of the info she posted in the Specktra.Net FAQ forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebreat
Ok. So I am posting to this to clear up some questions on here that either did not get answered or were answered incorrectly. I work at a CCO, so let me clear some things up.
  • Our ordering system is really strange. We sometimes have a really hard time getting things in. Just because something has been discontinued doesn't mean we will automatically get it. All the CCO stores compete for the same stock. There are only a select amount of things that are available to order. We can put in an order for something, but we can never tell if we will get tons of it, just one, or none at all. They basically send us what is available. There are two different kinds of CCO stores. There are some called "A" list stores. These lucky stores get certain products that others can't, but this is mainly Clinique products, so it really isn't anything I think that many of you would care about. It never applies to MAC.
I think I've answered as many questions as I can think of that I get asked all the time. I hope this helps those of you who still had questions.
greengrin.gif

TDoll

I was really impressed with the MAC selection compared to other CCO's I've been to. I bought a whole buncha' stuff! I was impressed with all the lip products they had. Lots of lipsticks, lipglass, tendertones and tinted lip conditioner. They had lots of LE sets too...even pigment sets. Not bad, not bad. I posted my haul!

lsperry

I went to this outlet Thursday, July 24, 2008. Here's what I remember --

2 blushes – Fever and Harmony
Hullabaloo and Mellow Rave Highlighters from Balloonacy (They’ve been there for months)
Various Matte2 shadows – Prussian, Tete-A-Tint, handwritten, brown script, clarity, graphology, etc.
Strange Hybrid shadows -- Fertile, rose blanc, moonflower and seedling
Several other shadows including Velvet Moss (now discontinued)
A couple of lip and eye pencils
Several of the In 3D lip glass pencils
Belightful iridescent pressed powder
All 4 Lip sets from Holiday ’07 (Antiquitease Finery)
Antiquitease: Heirloom Brush Sets (Eye and Basic)
Antiquitease: Royal Assets (Cool and Smokey eyes palette)
Curiousitease Softsparkle Eye Pencils x 5
Various fluidlines
All three McQueen paint pots – pharaoh, otherwordly, electrosky
A couple of shadesticks – Corn, another I can’t remember
Silversmith and Earthly Riches MES
Lip conditioners
A couple of lip trip palettes
About 8 different slimshines – Don’t remember their names
Both Novel Twist palettes (Nordstrom ’07 anniversary) – Been there for months and months
Patternmaker basic brush set from Nordstrom ’06 anniversary.
Studio Mist foundations and blushes – Also, been there for months and months
The same lipglasses and lipsticks – Nothing new from past collections
Some brown lashes – didn’t notice the numbers
Old packaging skincare products.

There was nothing there from any 2008 collections – N Collection, Fafi, Heatherette, BPB, etc. Although they had pigment sets, there were no full-sized pigments or MSFs.

But on a brighter note, I’m going to the Tanger Outlet, Foley, AL the middle of August. I was there in March and they had a LARGE selection of MAC. Spent several hundred $s.

nikki

Hi, I was at the CCO a couple days ago. The only new stuff I saw was Tenderdusk and Soft Flame Loose Beauty Powders and a couple of the sculpt and Shape powders. They DID NOT have any more paint pots, MES, or pigments. The only fluidlines they had were iris eyes and non-conformist. They had the same eyeshadows lsperry listed back in July. Taupe and Harmony blushes were there. They had about 6 different Liquid Last Liners. HTH.