Destin, FL CCO (Silver Sands Factory Stores)

MAChostage

Okay, well I went again yesterday.
amuse.gif
Seems like the usual suspects are still on the shelves. The only additions I noticed this time were more Style Warrior items and Starflash shadows (but not Smoke & Diamonds), and several different lipglasses. Anything that was originally a big crowd pleaser or highly coveted I would have been sure to note. As for pigments, besides the same vial sets that have been sitting there forever they've still got those same two pigs in original jars: Bell Bottom Blue and Jardin Aires. No one will ever know they have these full sized pigments unless they ask, since they're not displayed.

MAChostage

I went a couple of weeks ago. I swear they've had all the same stuff for MONTHS. I really need to go check out the Foley, AL CCO. Destin's sucks so much anymore.
blah.gif

Stefani

I guess I'm gonna go to Foley tonight then. Destin is actually a little farther for me anyway so I'm happy to know there's nothing better there. :) I'll let you know if Foley is any better!

MAChostage

I went again today. I officially deem this CCO to be lame. There's nothing new there, and they still refuse to carry any piggies in the regular sized jars. It's a straight up yawn fest. And since I've learned that the store manager holds all the power and decides what will be carried at his/her location, I'm deeming this store's manager as lame, also.
censored.gif

afulton

I went again today. I officially deem this CCO to be lame. There's nothing new there, and they still refuse to carry any piggies in the regular sized jars. It's a straight up yawn fest. And since I've learned that the store manager holds all the power and decides what will be carried at his/her location, I'm deeming this store's manager as lame, also.
censored.gif

I say the same about the CCC in Sunrise, Florida. They have had the same stuff since January. Boring.....

crystrill

I say the same about the CCC in Sunrise, Florida. They have had the same stuff since January. Boring.....

Sometimes it's not their fault. They can only order what's available to them. And just because you order it doesn't mean you will get it. Higher volume stores get priority.

MAChostage

^^Well, in the case of this CCO, the manager herself told me that she chooses not to carry pigments because "the customers make a mess of them." I talked about this earlier in this thread. So, that reeks of total lameness to me.

Hanne L

Hi guys,
I'm from Belgium and I'm going to visit the USA in july.
One of our hotels is close to this CCO and I was wondering if it's worth the drive?
Has anyone been there recently? What do they have?

I've never been to a CCO before so I'm really excited :)
Thanks!

MAChostage

Hi, Hanne! Seeing as how this will be your first CCO experience, I'd say it's worth the drive. To see what they currently have, just read the last several posts of this thread, nothing's really changed there. Let us know what you think after you go!

Has anyone been there recently? What do they have?
I've never been to a CCO before so I'm really excited :)
Thanks!

Hanne L

Ok! Such a pity that they don't change their collection much. But I'm really looking forward to it and I will share my experiences! :)
Thank you

MAChostage

UPDATE, 8/16/11:

Whenever I'm at this outlet mall, which is pretty regularly, I always stop in at the CCO to see if a miracle has occurred and they've gotten new stuff. NEW STUFF ALERT: today they did have some new things:

• All Races e/s
  • Give Me Liberty of London e/s
  • Peacocky/Mega Metals e/s in Odalisque, Dalliance, Tweet Me, Sexpectations, Ego
  • A couple of Marcel Wanders lipglasses

But that was about it for new things.

MAChostage

UPDATE, 11/10/11:

NEW STUFF ALERT:

• Big Bounce e/s
  • Greasepaint Sticks
  • Kissable Lipcolors (but none in Flaunting It or Love Peck)
  • Naked Honey Hand Salve and Body Wash (I think it was)
  • A Tartan Tale stuffed bears and keychain bears

MAChostage

UPDATE, 1/8/12:

NEW STUFF ALERT:

• Regular sized pigments (new jar): Teal, Rose, Golden Lemon, Fuschia
  • More Kissable Lipcolors, including Love Peck and the blue one (still no Flaunting It)
  • 3 Naked Honey products: Skin Salve, Body Wash and Hand and Body Cream
  • Some Pro Longwear lip colors

MAChostage

UPDATE, 2/20/12:

NEW STUFF ALERT:

• Looks like they now have all of the Kissable Lipcolors, except the blue one. The MAC counter at the Belk Department store down the road in Destin is all sold out of the Kissable Lipcolors repromoted in the "Shop Shop Shop" collection, so it's nice to be able to get them at this CCO - and at a discount! -- if you wanted them.
  • Pigment stacks from "MAC Dazzlespheres"
  • Mini Gloss Kits from "MAC Dazzlespheres"

MAChostage

UPDATE, 9/21/12:

NEW STUFF ALERT:

• They now have Peacocky Kissable Lipcolor (the blue one).
  • MAC travel/train cases (hard black ones)
  • Some Venomous Villains products
  • Prolongwear Lip Glasses

NicoleL

I went to the Destin, FL CCO recently. From what I can remember they had a good selection of MAC lipsticks, Estee Lauder pure color blushes, Estee Lauder lip products, Mac eye shadows, Clinique nail polishes, and they had 2 Bobbi Brown Corrector colors (almond & very deep bisque), a couple MAC Blushes, a small selection MAC mineralize Skinfinish Natural in lighter colors. They have alot more items but this is just want I remember of the top of my head.

Here's what I came home with.
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Very Deep Bisque ($17.00 normally $24.00)

- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Desire ($10.50 normally $15.00)

- Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup Lesson Kit in Intensity 5.0 ($29.75 normally $42.50) This kit comes with a full size double wear light foundation, a mini double wear conealer, a mini matte perfecting primer, and sample of advanced night repair eye, a foundation brush, and a how to DVD. The foundation itself retails for $37.00 so even if you paid full price at Nordstrom or Macy's you'd still be getting a good deal.

MAChostage

UPDATE, 3/18/14: This CCO has a new manager and what a difference it has made! She admits that there were issues with the previous manager (you don't have to tell me!) but that she is determined to bring as many wanted, available products that she can to this store. She has added products by Smashbox (there's a great brush set there right now) and Flirt, to name a couple, and the overall selection here is better than it's been in a very long time. I picked up MAC Brown Down e/s, Spiked Brow Pencil, #36 lashes and a pretty lipstick by Flirt. There are quite a few MAC e/s, to include a bunch of the Extra Dimension ones, and a lot of lip products. I'm really excited about the new manager and inventory and will make it a point to go check it out every couple of weeks.

NicoleL

If anyone doesn't like the new packaging, when I was in the CCO last week they had quite a few of the soft and gentle mineralize skin finishes in the old packaging. Not sure how fast they'll go or if they are already gone, but thought I'd share.

throwitawaynow

has anyone been lately? anything new? every time i have been it is lots of origins (blah) some clinique, mac, bobbi brown, and estee lauder mostly. but not even anything good from any of those brands.